when they started, they were selling primarily oxford & flannel shirts, cone mills denim, and Alden boots
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 10/4/16 at 1:48pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II - Page 1631post #24451 of 257057/1/16 at 11:06ampost #24452 of 257057/1/16 at 11:08amI still have a lot of Epaulet stuff that I wear to work etc. and I think their best offerings/value are in that lane. Could you probably just Uniqlo it and call it a day? Yes.
I'm not a fan of their more recent "approximations of items that SW&D loves that we'll market to our rabidly loyal quasi-CM customer base" offerings. The sneakers, these boots all seem a little off. Color, last, or whatever there's always something not quite right.
If you look at say Skoaktibolaget's MTO and stock offerings for boots from Enzo/Carmina, they look much nicer.post #24453 of 257057/1/16 at 11:50ampost #24454 of 257057/1/16 at 12:06pmpost #24455 of 257057/1/16 at 12:23pmQuote:
Still haven't bought CPs though 😞post #24456 of 257057/1/16 at 12:26pmpost #24457 of 257057/1/16 at 12:34pmI've only barely seen CPs in person. Once or twice on a shelf in a store and I've never tried them on. And while I know that's what Mike's reference point is for these boots, the EP Chelseas actually give me a little bit more of a Kapital vibe. Maybe more so in smooth leather than the suede. I'm happy with the pair I have. And I think @Cotton Dockers is wearing them well.
But let's talk about @ThaiToast's fit for a second. I'm not sure what I like better: the fit, his closet, or how he has elevated the bathroom photo genre.post #24458 of 257057/1/16 at 12:45pmThose epaulet chelseas are just a different shape. I don't know if it's fair to compare them to something like CP since me they give off a totally different, more workwear vibe with the rounder toe. If you switched CP chelseas into that @Cotton Dockers fit I don't think it would look anywhere near as good.post #24459 of 257057/1/16 at 12:57pmpost #24460 of 257057/1/16 at 2:06pmpost #24461 of 257057/1/16 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by notwithit
Did you have a chance to check them out at the last NYC trunk show? I thought they looked mediocre and kind of shapeless in the Epaulet product shots but are pretty great (and really comfortable) IRL.
Apparently there's a possibility of milkshake or bone suede jodhpurs in the not-too-distant future. Just sayin.
Yeah, I did. I don't remember if I tried any on but I was in favor when @thewho13 bought a pair. I thought they looked better in person too - I'm not sure I love them, and there are definitely boots I like the pure look of better, but my interest comes more from the fact that I just can't stand uncomfortable shoes these days and the relative width + crepe sole seems appealing. As usual, I will probably buy nothing and continue to complain.Quote:I'm not a fan of their more recent "approximations of items that SW&D loves that we'll market to our rabidly loyal quasi-CM customer base" offerings. The sneakers, these boots all seem a little off. Color, last, or whatever there's always something not quite right.
I really don't mind this whole "approximation" thing - especially with the footwear. Have other, larger brands been making things for longer? Sure. Does that mean it's a "better buy" to get a pair of Margiela trainers or a Lhamo or a pair of fancy chelseas? I guess it depends on how you think of things and how you approach your clothing, but neither of those companies have any right to claim the design. Whether or not you think something looks good - fair enough. But I also don't see the brand comparisons you're making there.post #24462 of 257057/1/16 at 2:26pmpost #24463 of 257057/1/16 at 3:11pmpost #24464 of 257057/1/16 at 3:37pmpost #24465 of 257057/1/16 at 3:53pmQuote:
IDK, I have both these and a pair of CP chelseas (different leathers & colors), and I don't find them comparable or swap-out-able. The contexts in which is wear one I wouldn't wear the other.Quote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
I have Loake jodhpurs too.
@Synthese maybe just fatigue from all these brands shouting "just like X without marketing markup etc" I think Epaulet doesn't need that spin and has a strong brand already. I can see why some would say it fits their identity though.
I don't necessarily see these as that, partially Bacchae the shape is so different from SLP / CP / SEF. The Achilles and GAT-style sneakers maybe, but the only GATs of theirs I've handled (unfinished HH) were significantly nicer than any of my MMMs, and if my CP Achilles eventually die I'd probably get their Achilles-a-likes over CPs for the comfort factor alone.
At the same time, I thought their combat boots were kind of a flop shape-wise and the regular EP crew are those up, so I guess it varies.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chelsea Boot Advice 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › Dress boots dilema 25 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 32 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 37 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 45 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 48 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...