@Baron This is the hat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 12/14/16 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 6:14 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II - Page 1569post #23521 of 278894/27/16 at 10:25ampost #23522 of 278894/27/16 at 10:26ampost #23523 of 278894/27/16 at 10:45ampost #23524 of 278894/27/16 at 10:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Master-Classter
but don't you enjoy where you're at more than where you were? And would you be where you are now if you hadn't tried to move from where you were? I see clothing as a form of self-expression and as a tool to uncover or develop the self and when an authentic experience is achieved, ie your clothes match who you are, then that's enjoyment. That, and the enjoyment of trying something new and it having the intended effect. Whether the effect is to blend in amongst people of a different group, or to discover something new about yourself, etc. So I think there's enjoyment to be had by both standing still as well as trying new things, and my original point was that there are always ups and downs, the contendness thread and the recent purchases thread but the show must go on. Either adapt or die, keep moving forward and trying new things or get left behind. Happiness is all relative and that little bit of dissatisfaction, that back of the mind tickle that says it wasn't good enough, or someone else is better, or I'm bored and want the excitement of some more risk, etc is what keeps us waking up tomorrow to try and do it again, but better than today. The same thing today brings us less joy tomorrow. So we must keep moving forward!
And if you're going to be as large scale existential as to say well it's all meaningless anyway, well sure, but i can't argue with that. The meaning only happens becuase we choose to make it meaningful. Are clothes 'important', well not really, but then again who cares about painting and music and landscaping, etc. There's something inside us that emotionally connects to these expressions and that makes them 'meaningful'.
This is where I stopped readingpost #23525 of 278894/27/16 at 10:57ampost #23526 of 278894/27/16 at 11:24ampost #23527 of 278894/27/16 at 11:50amQuote:
Well, great minds, I'd like to think.
I was wondering about the IRL as well, but figured for less than $40 shipped, I wasn't risking too much. I think I'm going to be pretty pleased. Might go with a Gus crease model at some point to try hard to look like the cowboy I am not. Get an oak colored one and then you can tell us what you think...
@NO MERCY I would like the jeans better if they didn't pool on your shoes the way they do. Either stacked better or cuffed again, or something like that.post #23528 of 278894/27/16 at 12:13pmpost #23529 of 278894/27/16 at 12:36pmpost #23530 of 278894/27/16 at 12:38pmpost #23531 of 278894/27/16 at 12:55pmpost #23532 of 278894/27/16 at 12:59pmpost #23533 of 278894/27/16 at 1:18pm
My homage to Bergfable? Thanks. It's a plain weave linen.
I've admired the jackets, and this was my way of avoiding looking for and figuring out the sizing on a real one.
I don't think the Bergfable guy has much to worry about based on my success in imitating his style. I'm pleased enough with what it turned out to be though.post #23534 of 278894/27/16 at 1:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
@kindofyoung That is a good one. Clean and minimalist overall, with the stacks on trousers running counter to that in a good way for me. Nice cut on the trousers too.
Much appreciated guysQuote:
Correct. Didn't turn out quite as I had imagined/hoped, but still very happy with it and it will definitely get a lot of wear.post #23535 of 278894/27/16 at 3:17pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
Currently, there are 1406 Active Users (199 Members and 1207 Guests)
- › What music are you listening to lately? 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 11 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 15 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 20 minutes ago
- › BNIB Edward Green Malvern (size 7.5/8) 202 last 29 minutes ago
- › Patagonia 38 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 minutes ago
- › *MORE PRICE DROP* DE PETRILLO NAPOLI DARK BROWN FLANNEL SPORT COAT... 44 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...