Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 12/14/16 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:11 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II - Page 1385post #20761 of 2855512/8/15 at 10:08ampost #20762 of 2855512/8/15 at 10:15ampost #20763 of 2855512/8/15 at 10:20ampost #20764 of 2855512/8/15 at 10:34ampost #20765 of 2855512/8/15 at 10:36ampost #20766 of 2855512/8/15 at 10:43amQuote:Second fit works better for me, but I agree that different trousers might make the first one sing.
Thanks - the shirt is from a few seasons back - very dense cotton weave, quite weighty fabric and very warm for the thickness.post #20767 of 2855512/8/15 at 11:01amQuote:
Kendo jacket fabric could be the right reference. I've never handled anything labeled that way, so I can't be sure. This stuff is definitey quite heavy and pretty soft. Softer than the Blue Blue Japan sashiko fabric I've handled.post #20768 of 2855512/8/15 at 11:06ampost #20769 of 2855512/8/15 at 11:20ampost #20770 of 2855512/8/15 at 11:22amQuote:
We need close ups (well Synthese definitely does ).post #20771 of 2855512/8/15 at 11:57am
Most of these brands like to use the word "SASHIKO" to describe their stuff but in reality its closer to how Kendo jackets are made.
of course i am referencing the fabric being used and not the style of jacketpost #20772 of 2855512/8/15 at 12:18pmpost #20773 of 2855512/8/15 at 12:27pmpost #20774 of 2855512/8/15 at 12:41pmClose ups (Click to show)
Yes, I suppose this is in fact kendo cloth, though it does seem to be a common practice to call it sashiko as well. This material is generally similar to what BBJ calls sashiko, and it's almost exactly like what's shown here:
Edit:Quote:Originally Posted by nahneun
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)is this the new version of a.p.c.'s used denim?
those are just regular kendogis, by the way. why are they called sashiko jackets?
i'll sell you mine for 50 dollars
I would charge more. Anything you can get away with call sashiko seems to sell at quite a premium.post #20775 of 2855512/8/15 at 12:42pmFor Sale:The Double Layered Uncle Nephew Kendo Sashiko Jacket
Have you ever wanted to be THE Uncle Nephew? Smell like him? Be blue like him? I know I did. Well, now you can!
For the low low low LOW price of $50 USD* (shipping not included *express shipping required to ensure timely Christmas delivery), you can own a piece of StyleForum history and be the proud owner of the one and only vintage Uncle Nephew Kendo Sashiko jacket. Double layered to keep you extra warm and retain all of the Uncle Nephew's glorious sweat and unlined to ensure that you are constantly being bathed in his wonderful stank. The salt stains throughout the jacket add a unique touch to showcase the individuality of the piece.
For an additional $10000 USD, the Uncle Nephew will have the legendary and timeless autographed StanleyVanBuren photo lovingly handstitched onto the back of the jacket, and will include a DVD videotaping the process as proof of authenticity.
Act now and don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime offer!
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
Currently, there are 1280 Active Users (217 Members and 1063 Guests)
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › Navy blue Ermenegildo Zegna mainline suit in 52R 21 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 21 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 25 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 26 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...