or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II - Page 1377

post #20641 of 26497

I'd ditch one of the top layers and the espadrilles, but cool.

post #20642 of 26497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post
 

I'd ditch one of the top layers and the espadrilles, but cool.

Thank you

 

Im having problems figuring out what to wear with these pants because of how wide the hem is.

 

Assume I have whatever it is you think I should wear and tell me what would be best

 

I also have 2 better fitting fatigues on the way so they should help out my optons

 

As for the 2 top layers.  I started out the day with the custom noragi peaking out of the military jacket.  That got me thinking so I sewed on some fabric to add length and eliminate the need for the noragi altogether when I got back home 


Edited by Dirty Denim - 12/3/15 at 5:48pm
post #20643 of 26497


APC

ATM

Drkshdw

Balmain

 

Should I get these jeans tailored at all? I plan on getting some rick hightops to wear with them, they have a raw hem which I think looks cool hanging out the back of the shoe. Any comments/criticisms appreciated.

post #20644 of 26497
I think the espadrilles work with @Dirty Denim's fit.
post #20645 of 26497
Quote:
Originally Posted by singsong View Post
 


APC

ATM

Drkshdw

Balmain

 

Should I get these jeans tailored at all? I plan on getting some rick hightops to wear with them, they have a raw hem which I think looks cool hanging out the back of the shoe. Any comments/criticisms appreciated.

Stacks would be better if the leg opening was smaller. TBH, there's nothing wrong with this fit besides that its super plain and boring. It also kind of feels like you're more concerned with the brands than the outfit, you can achieve this look much more cheaply.  

post #20646 of 26497
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuh88 View Post
 

Stacks would be better if the leg opening was smaller. TBH, there's nothing wrong with this fit besides that its super plain and boring. It also kind of feels like you're more concerned with the brands than the outfit, you can achieve this look much more cheaply.  


I'll probably get them slightly tapered so the stacks aren't so wide. It is pretty plain; I'm working on some postural problems (broken tailbone from snowboarding), and I'll look for some more interesting top layers, I just get self-concious about my posture and end up buying clothes that are slightly big/hide my protruding pelvis. Sticking to physio again so hopefully I can get some more interesting fits I feel comfortable in going soon.

 

There isn't any indication of it being an expensive outfit asides from me listing the brands, which I did since that seems to be the trend in this thread. I'm not a baller and just buy good deals I come across, which admittedly leads to quite a few poor purchases based on brand alone. I guess that is the wrong approach to building a wardrobe. I should not purchase anything until get my body dialed, and educate myself more on building an attractive silhouette. Will probably save money and end up looking better.

 

Thanks for the comments. If you have any recommended resources/readings let me know, still new to this and am far from having it figured out. Cheers.

post #20647 of 26497
I predict this guy crushing moving forward. Proper attitude. Not defensive...
post #20648 of 26497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post
 

I'd ditch one of the top layers and the espadrilles, but cool.


but the espadrilles make it for me! perfect for winter at the desert pad.

 

i think the matching patches are a little overboard. but that Blue-in-Green vibe is super chill.

post #20649 of 26497
Man, @oucho is my favorite.

Is that you modeling for E. Tautz?
post #20650 of 26497
^^ Agreed. Careful with the patches... If one piece has a few, maybe just one complementary "patch" as the pocket, collar or some other trim piece?
post #20651 of 26497
Quote:
Originally Posted by singsong View Post
 


(broken tailbone from snowboarding)

Damn dude thats a painful break, I've known lots of people with this and nearly done it myself. Heal up well and you'll be back at it in no time this season.

 

I like those sneakers and I always thought they would be cool with a bunch of other pale/white colors,  get them dirty though

post #20652 of 26497
Damn its cold here...

Studio d artisan wabash jacket
Studio d artisan wabsah short sleeve shirt
Timberland corduroy pants
post #20653 of 26497
Guys I'm becoming really mean in real life
post #20654 of 26497
It's okay it's required to become a surgeon
post #20655 of 26497
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocostella View Post

^^ Agreed. Careful with the patches... If one piece has a few, maybe just one complementary "patch" as the pocket, collar or some other trim piece?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
 


but the espadrilles make it for me! perfect for winter at the desert pad.

 

i think the matching patches are a little overboard. but that Blue-in-Green vibe is super chill.

 

I agree.  My problem is when I start messing around my ideas tend to get zero'd in on a particular idea so if I have 2 pieces they will likely end up looking the same.  Im lucky I stopped at the shirt and pants and didint patch the damn jacket while i was at it  lol.  

 

The good news is I am finally getting ahead of what moving my family from NY to AZ did to my ability to shop.   So I patched and sewed each time I had the urge to buy something.  My style has definitely changed because I was forced to actually look at each piece i couldn't afford and then formulate that into something i have laying around.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II