I'd ditch one of the top layers and the espadrilles, but cool.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 8:29 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:22 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II - Page 1377post #20641 of 2649712/3/15 at 2:12pmpost #20642 of 2649712/3/15 at 2:16pm
Im having problems figuring out what to wear with these pants because of how wide the hem is.
Assume I have whatever it is you think I should wear and tell me what would be best
I also have 2 better fitting fatigues on the way so they should help out my optons
As for the 2 top layers. I started out the day with the custom noragi peaking out of the military jacket. That got me thinking so I sewed on some fabric to add length and eliminate the need for the noragi altogether when I got back home
Edited by Dirty Denim - 12/3/15 at 5:48pmpost #20643 of 2649712/3/15 at 2:51pmpost #20644 of 2649712/3/15 at 3:02pmpost #20645 of 2649712/3/15 at 4:50pmQuote:
Stacks would be better if the leg opening was smaller. TBH, there's nothing wrong with this fit besides that its super plain and boring. It also kind of feels like you're more concerned with the brands than the outfit, you can achieve this look much more cheaply.post #20646 of 2649712/3/15 at 5:22pmQuote:
I'll probably get them slightly tapered so the stacks aren't so wide. It is pretty plain; I'm working on some postural problems (broken tailbone from snowboarding), and I'll look for some more interesting top layers, I just get self-concious about my posture and end up buying clothes that are slightly big/hide my protruding pelvis. Sticking to physio again so hopefully I can get some more interesting fits I feel comfortable in going soon.
There isn't any indication of it being an expensive outfit asides from me listing the brands, which I did since that seems to be the trend in this thread. I'm not a baller and just buy good deals I come across, which admittedly leads to quite a few poor purchases based on brand alone. I guess that is the wrong approach to building a wardrobe. I should not purchase anything until get my body dialed, and educate myself more on building an attractive silhouette. Will probably save money and end up looking better.
Thanks for the comments. If you have any recommended resources/readings let me know, still new to this and am far from having it figured out. Cheers.post #20647 of 2649712/3/15 at 5:59pmpost #20648 of 2649712/3/15 at 6:28pmpost #20649 of 2649712/3/15 at 6:36pmpost #20650 of 2649712/3/15 at 6:38pmpost #20651 of 2649712/3/15 at 6:52pm
Damn dude thats a painful break, I've known lots of people with this and nearly done it myself. Heal up well and you'll be back at it in no time this season.
I like those sneakers and I always thought they would be cool with a bunch of other pale/white colors, get them dirty thoughpost #20652 of 2649712/3/15 at 7:59pmpost #20653 of 2649712/3/15 at 8:11pmpost #20654 of 2649712/3/15 at 8:34pmpost #20655 of 2649712/3/15 at 8:44pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Parker
but the espadrilles make it for me! perfect for winter at the desert pad.
i think the matching patches are a little overboard. but that Blue-in-Green vibe is super chill.
I agree. My problem is when I start messing around my ideas tend to get zero'd in on a particular idea so if I have 2 pieces they will likely end up looking the same. Im lucky I stopped at the shirt and pants and didint patch the damn jacket while i was at it lol.
The good news is I am finally getting ahead of what moving my family from NY to AZ did to my ability to shop. So I patched and sewed each time I had the urge to buy something. My style has definitely changed because I was forced to actually look at each piece i couldn't afford and then formulate that into something i have laying around.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 33 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 41 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › NWOT Rogue Territory Stanton Denim Jeans 31 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway