or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II - Page 1368

post #20506 of 26612
some dope peir pieces on display icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #20507 of 26612

Patchwork fit

 

Iv been toying with sashiko & patching

 

 

 

 

Hat no hat (Click to show)

 

 

Patchwork details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #20508 of 26612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Denim View Post

Love that coat.  A one piece suit wouldnt satisfy my love for moleskin lol.   There are a pair of  moleskin camp pants with a drawstring waist on Urban Outfitters for $50 that are calling my name


Thanks for the tip - I bought those moleskins from the UO website yesterday, chose the slowest cheapest shipping and I got them today. The cut is great, they fit perfectly right out of the box. Now I can do the black moleskin suit with my ts(s) shirt jacket.
post #20509 of 26612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post


Thanks for the tip - I bought those moleskins from the UO website yesterday, chose the slowest cheapest shipping and I got them today. The cut is great, they fit perfectly right out of the box. Now I can do the black moleskin suit with my ts(s) shirt jacket.

 

No kidding within minutes of me posting that they suddenly sold out of XL (my size) lol.   

 

Would love to see how they fit?  I am thinking of grabbing the Large but i think they need to be loose to look good?

post #20510 of 26612


Freenote Cloth waxed canvas riders jacket

Freenote Cloth arrowhead print flannel

Levi's 511 commuters

Doc Martens

 

It was a little rainy off and on today. The Doc Martens are good for light rain.

post #20511 of 26612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Denim View Post

No kidding within minutes of me posting that they suddenly sold out of XL (my size) lol.   

Would love to see how they fit?  I am thinking of grabbing the Large but i think they need to be loose to look good?

I tend to size down with elastic waisted pants but they were sold out in M, went with L and they're perfect. They're relaxed in the top block but pretty slim from the knee down. My waist is around 35 fwiw. Thinking of picking up a pair in navy too.
post #20512 of 26612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Denim View Post

Patchwork fit

Iv been toying with sashiko & patching





Hat no hat (Click to show)

Patchwork details (Click to show)















where in phx you at ? the buyer at the blobsdale barneys was really good a while ago, even though it was a coop he was bringing in jil and margiela when it was good

i like no hat better but not the open shirt redface.gif
post #20513 of 26612
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post


where in phx you at ? the buyer at the blobsdale barneys was really good a while ago, even though it was a coop he was bringing in jil and margiela when it was good

i like no hat better but not the open shirt redface.gif

 

Left NY 6 months ago for North Phoenix sandwiched between Deer Valley & Scottsdale .   

 

I haven't found one store here that has a buyer with any clue.  No disrespect but not a place for style but then again i work from home so what do i know.  What i do know is everything revolves around gas station mini marts lol

post #20514 of 26612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Denim View Post


Left NY 6 months ago for North Phoenix sandwiched between Deer Valley & Scottsdale .   

I haven't found one store here that has a buyer with any clue.  No disrespect but not a place for style but then again i work from home so what do i know.  What i do know is everything revolves around gas station mini marts lol

not a huge fan of nyc , but i would still feel bad leaving there for phx lol

not any better for style (unless you into ponchos+sandals , which you seem to be) but i love tucson. phoenix is always stressful, crowded and feels completely fabricated in a cheap, americana sort of way. way more green desert landscape in the surrounding areas of pima county. but sonoran cuisine is better than anything. i order tucson tamales all the time

also, the sunsets are insane and i miss them terribly

post #20515 of 26612

Have either of you guys ever been to Jerome, AZ? Really cool little mining town converted to an art town, worth checking out, didn't feel overly touristy

 

Tucson I thought is kinda nasty but those Mt Lemon sunsets and The Cochise Stronghold are epic

post #20516 of 26612
rick erday

IMG_0427_zpsd9cs6jsu.jpg

IMG_0429_zpswqs7bb9q.jpg

IMG_0432_zpsbmueeeow.jpg

IMG_0434_zpsclbiafs1.jpg
post #20517 of 26612
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post


not a huge fan of nyc , but i would still feel bad leaving there for phx lol

not any better for style (unless you into ponchos+sandals , which you seem to be) but i love tucson. phoenix is always stressful, crowded and feels completely fabricated in a cheap, americana sort of way. way more green desert landscape in the surrounding areas of pima county. but sonoran cuisine is better than anything. i order tucson tamales all the time

also, the sunsets are insane and i miss them terribly

 

 

Trust me i didnt move here for the style.  Everything you described is why i came and love it here.  NY has it all but somehow it has nothing.

 

Phoenix was just my landing zone but we plan on getting somewhere a bit more quiet.  I figured anything slower than Phoenix might have been a shock for my wife who never visited AZ before we moved here.  I worked in Phoenix last year so thats what gave me the idea to come.

 

As for the Tomales, Iv eaten a few from a seamstress who worked with me last year.  She would bring in these amazing corn tomales with spicy chicken inside.. BONKERS

post #20518 of 26612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragechester View Post

Have either of you guys ever been to Jerome, AZ? Really cool little mining town converted to an art town, worth checking out, didn't feel overly touristy

Tucson I thought is kinda nasty but those Mt Lemon sunsets and The Cochise Stronghold are epic

i haven't been to jerome, sounds a bit like Bisbee ?

yeah there's plenty of unpleasantries in tucson, which i feel just add to the character. i mean you can get really great cheap eats down south too at the risk of running into crips if you go on wrong street, some parts like 4th ave are gross but the downtown renovation project has been great.

i haven't ever gone by chochise stronghold. the left and right from gates pass. the middle pic is from backyard, going onto the main boulevard and it just looks like a painting



mt lemmon is always great esp in winter, get some warm pie up there yummm

and sometimes things like this happen



wow sorry total derail oh well i guess i had an old fit in there somewhere...
post #20519 of 26612
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post
i haven't been to jerome, sounds a bit like Bisbee ?

looks similar

 

definitely don't hold back throwback desert fits 

post #20520 of 26612
I remember those little fluffy clouds....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II