or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II - Page 1356

post #20326 of 26615
Quote:
Originally Posted by round View Post
 

What is this.

 

I think you probably understand my post. It wasn't complex.

post #20327 of 26615
Hopefully, it was satire.

None of Vita's photos are B&W.

The fit was well put-together; the pictures are simply not inappropriate.

Your indignation is more self-congratulatory than it is justified.
post #20328 of 26615
I think it looks cool as a photo but find it difficult to imagine that he actually walks around dressed like that going to the shops or to work

Or does he? If so, would be a very eccentric thing to do
post #20329 of 26615
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumulative View Post
 

 

I think you probably understand my post. It wasn't complex.

It wasn't complex, just idiotic, are you really offended that he posted a picture next to some train tracks, did that element really ruin the outfit for you? I really hope you are exaggerating your anger for humor.

post #20330 of 26615
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post

Hopefully, it was satire.

None of Vita's photos are B&W.

The fit was well put-together; the pictures are simply not inappropriate.

Your indignation is more self-congratulatory than it is justified.


You're right. I went back. I remembered the pics as black and white, especially the one where he's standing in front of the pile of dead trees. For me there's a stark quality to the photos and probability why I remembered them as black and white. My bad.

 

There's no satire. And I'm not indignant about anything. Really don't know how that came across, but not my intention. I stated I like his fit; I like virtues it communicates to me. I simply realized that the fit in the context of his clean, trendy apartment provoked a different feeling than the fit next to railroad tracks, stacked lumber. You may not agree with anything I said, but nothing I said was meant in any mocking, indignant, or mean-spirited way.

post #20331 of 26615
Quote:
Originally Posted by round View Post
 

It wasn't complex, just idiotic, are you really offended that he posted a picture next to some train tracks, did that element really ruin the outfit for you? I really hope you are exaggerating your anger for humor.


Damn, how is it I'm coming off as angry or offended? I said I liked the outfit, that he's one of my favorite posters. I just said the exact same fit in his apartment and next to the tracks gave off a different feeling for me--that environment/context plays a role, and I think there is a negative feeling that creeps in when dressing like a hobo and going out to hobo places (the rails). Don't agree with me, no prob, but I'm not angry or offended anything. And continue to look forward to VitaTim's posts.

post #20332 of 26615
@ManofKent I like the spoilered version of the fit. The shop coat looks good with a few buttons undone top and bottom and I quite like how the shawl works in that case. It as a kind of old-time athletic vibe to it. Like you're cooling down from a brisk training walk. wink.gif
post #20333 of 26615
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepope View Post

yesterday




Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








MA+ reverse bison aviator
Odyn Vovk tee
Acne jeans
Jun Hashimoto reverse cow boots

today



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









Devoa raw silk blazer
KKA wool cardigan
Julius wool/cotton tee
Nama vintage Japanese denim pants
Jun Hashimoto reverse cow boots
Zachary Leachman .925 silver rings

Fantastic!
post #20334 of 26615
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

@ManofKent I like the spoilered version of the fit. The shop coat looks good with a few buttons undone top and bottom and I quite like how the shawl works in that case. It as a kind of old-time athletic vibe to it. Like you're cooling down from a brisk training walk. wink.gif
Thanks - it's quite slim cut, so does have a different feel partially unbuttoned.
post #20335 of 26615
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

I think it looks cool as a photo but find it difficult to imagine that he actually walks around dressed like that going to the shops or to work

Or does he? If so, would be a very eccentric thing to do



I can confirm that he goes to work like this.
post #20336 of 26615
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist View Post

I can confirm that he goes to work like this.

 

One, that's awesome. I can't help admitting that I enjoy his aesthetic.

 

Two, for those hostile to this little concept called self-reflection, I present:

 

 

Brands (Click to show)
Thrifted
Kapital
Vis
Junya
Uniqlo
Vis

 

 

To be clear, my tone is intended to be tongue-in-cheek, not livid. Don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings!


Edited by Spehsmonkey - 11/15/15 at 10:35pm
post #20337 of 26615
I mean at work he would look absurd

In a photo on the train tracks he looks cool


I dunno
post #20338 of 26615
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

I mean at work he would look absurd

In a photo on the train tracks he looks cool


I dunno


What if he worked on the train tracks? 

post #20339 of 26615
Quote:
Originally Posted by basil rathbone View Post


What if he worked on the train tracks? 

Sorry you'll have have to come to grips with the fact that SF has a large and easily offended hobo community
Edited by nicelynice - 11/15/15 at 11:24pm
post #20340 of 26615
Quote:
Originally Posted by endorphinz View Post





dario argento called, he wants you in his movie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II