Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 592

post #8866 of 45900
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

^^^Awesome fits today gents



Action shot today
IMG_4263.JPG

You just get better and better nod[1].gif
post #8867 of 45900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Nice pic, kulata!

Who makes the SC?
Thanks Betel! It's a pal zileri sartoriale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

You just get better and better nod[1].gif

This is a major honor coming from you nod[1].gif
post #8868 of 45900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

Thanks Betel! It's a pal zileri sartoriale
This is a major honor coming from you nod[1].gif

Get away wid yer! shog[1].gif

BTW your son's getting all the right moves, like father like son!
post #8869 of 45900
451c144208471b4cf13ac7562a9aa690.jpg

First time posting so please be kind! I am expecting the tailor this week to adjust all my new clothes but I am mostly interested to get your opinions on the color combinations.

Shoes: lobb Paris
Shirt: working style (NZ)
Tie: kiton
Pocket: e marinella
Socks: bresciani (pink houndstooth)
Vest: Ralph Lauren
post #8870 of 45900
Technically yesterday:


Deets (Click to show)
Napolisumisura
Borrelli
Drakes
Incotex
Not seen: Vass
post #8871 of 45900

Haven't worn this Canali suit for a long time. It's beautiful, but somehow not "me". A bit too power-dressy-finance-guy. Intimidating.

 

Also the trouser legs are a bit floppy and there's not enough material to cuff them (excess having been removed when I first had them hemmed).

 

So this will probably be the suit's last outing on these pages. I think I might try my luck on eBay.

 

 

 

 

Edit: added a robopose shot. Pents were hoiked up a bit - they actually need re-hemming. Typical Canali box silhouette - if I were keeping the suit, I might have the waist suppressed just a tad.

 

 

 

Opinions welcome as always.


Edited by Coxsackie - 10/19/14 at 11:00pm
post #8872 of 45900

Here's me the other day.

 

 

And a bonus shot of me accidentally matching my partner (and showing off my polo coat).

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #8873 of 45900

The Woolen Trifecta accented by Ancient Madder

 

AppleMark

post #8874 of 45900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrater View Post

451c144208471b4cf13ac7562a9aa690.jpg

First time posting so please be kind! I am expecting the tailor this week to adjust all my new clothes but I am mostly interested to get your opinions on the color combinations.

Shoes: lobb Paris
Shirt: working style (NZ)
Tie: kiton
Pocket: e marinella
Socks: bresciani (pink houndstooth)
Vest: Ralph Lauren

 

Welcome @jfrater!  It's good to see someone else from NZ here at SF.   Nice debut ensemble.  I like your loud contrasting colours but others here may not.  

 

P.S.  Your left lapel appears to bowing out and may need some attention.  Perhaps your PS is causing it.  You may need to have your breast pocket deepened.  I'm getting this alteration done to all my SC at the moment, for the same reason.

post #8875 of 45900
Thanks @BespokeKiwi smile.gif I am quite a fan of bright colors though I do still have some muted plaids, etc. Today is the first time I have worn that pink vest and I got lots of nice comments so I will definitely keep it up smile.gif I have a tailor coming to the house on Wednesday to go through my wardrobe and adjust everything - this blazer included. It definitely needs a little loosening up. I have lost 25kg and my new wardrobe definitely needs tweaking. The sleeves on that blazer need lengthening too.

I am in Wellington - what part of NZ are you in? Where do you go for your clothes? I am finding that I need to get most stuff from Ebay as no one here stocks the brands I like (Oxxford, Kiton, Brioni, Canali, etc).
post #8876 of 45900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Haven't worn this Canali suit for a long time. It's beautiful, but somehow not "me". A bit too power-dressy-finance-guy. Intimidating.

Also the trouser legs are a bit floppy and there's not enough material to cuff them (excess having been removed when I first had them hemmed).

So this will probably be the suit's last outing on these pages. I think I might try my luck on eBay.

Opinions welcome as always.

No, that suit is much too flashy with that double stripe for a financier. I'd wear a suit like that, but not to work. I'd say it suits you quite well. I would have preferred a navy grenadine with this, as a PoW is a bit too busy in combination with the stripes, but it's not bad at all.
post #8877 of 45900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrater View Post

Thanks @BespokeKiwi smile.gif I am quite a fan of bright colors though I do still have some muted plaids, etc. Today is the first time I have worn that pink vest and I got lots of nice comments so I will definitely keep it up smile.gif I have a tailor coming to the house on Wednesday to go through my wardrobe and adjust everything - this blazer included. It definitely needs a little loosening up. I have lost 25kg and my new wardrobe definitely needs tweaking. The sleeves on that blazer need lengthening too.

I am in Wellington - what part of NZ are you in? Where do you go for your clothes? I am finding that I need to get most stuff from Ebay as no one here stocks the brands I like (Oxxford, Kiton, Brioni, Canali, etc).

 

@jfrater I like bold contrasting colours too.  So, hot pink  and metallic orange (gold?) are OK with me.  However, you may get some negative responses from the CBD guys here.  Who naturally gravitate more towards a subdued colour pallet, especially with their staple daily ensembles.

 

Congratulations with your weight loss achievement.  Well done, sir!  

 

I can totally relate to your renewed interest in your sartorial appearance and wardrobe.  A few years back I achieved similar weight loss and have sustained it, from 110kg (243lbs) down to 80kg (176lbs).  Like yourself, I'm in the middle of a major wardrobe refresh project too.  Not for the faint hearted either, I might add.  As my wardrobe refresh has now entered its second year and is still a major work in progress.  Like the mainland cheese ad in NZ says, "good things take time".

 

I'm up in Auckland and get my clothes from a HK custom tailor, who I've been frequenting now for nearly three decades.   For my local ready to wear stuff, I've infrequently been a client of SAKS (for SAKS, Zegna, Strellson and Hugo Boss suits) and Working Style (for shirts).  Having said that, I do prefer custom made and earlier in the year made another sartorial  pilgrimage to HK to hasten progress with my wardrobe refresh project.  However, commissioning stuff from far off HK is not for the faint hearted.  But that's a long story.

 

Again, welcome!  

 

EDIT:  The following tie/PS combo below -- from Sam Hober -- may be to your liking with that "hot pink" based ensemble.  That is, a royal blue grenadine grossa solid silk tie and a red/purple rough Thai silk PS.     

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Alternative Accessories Colour Scheme) (Click to show)

Edited by BespokeKiwi - 10/19/14 at 11:26pm
post #8878 of 45900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post


No, that suit is much too flashy with that double stripe for a financier. I'd wear a suit like that, but not to work. I'd say it suits you quite well. I would have preferred a navy grenadine with this, as a PoW is a bit too busy in combination with the stripes, but it's not bad at all.

Hmm....I'm in two minds about the suit. I have a chalkstripe from SuSu which IMHO is much funkier, and yeah, this style is just too showy for most professional situations. Here are the two, side by side. Which is better? Pointless to keep both.

 

 

Side by side comparison (Click to show)
post #8879 of 45900
The second, by far.
post #8880 of 45900
The second one. The first suit seems to be wearing you and not the other way around.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)