Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 529

post #7921 of 46891
shog[1].gifnod[1].gif
post #7922 of 46891

So, my cali friends, how is it not longer having plastic bags but an open border? I'd say Texans have it better but El Paso is wide open too... Now if only Niagara Falls wasn't so damn busy and full of power tripping agents...:lookaround:

post #7923 of 46891
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


The navy pants might not be ideal, but that right there is gold.

 

What colors would have worked better there?

post #7924 of 46891
Regarding full fit pics. Sure, in a sense they are ideal. But I really feel for a pro who has fit nailed down, and all their stuff has the same measurements, and fits right, I think its not nearly as big a deal as for a person trying to understand fit.

I love full fit pics, and I nag Garry (PoP smile.gif all the time, but its just that, a nag.
post #7925 of 46891

Today's fit. Last day for Shantung? Hot enough. Navy shantung courtesy of @Pingson. Burgundy/Purple square, brown check SC, light gray hopsack trews and tan oxfords.

 

 


x`

post #7926 of 46891
Looks pretty good, and I know the lighting is poor, but I think you could use some more contrast between the sportcoat and the pants.
post #7927 of 46891
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Looks pretty good, and I know the lighting is poor, but I think you could use some more contrast between the sportcoat and the pants.


:)I think it's more the lighting. The last two pictures are better in terms of contrast, but I agree that the first pic washes out the difference.

post #7928 of 46891
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Regarding full fit pics. Sure, in a sense they are ideal. But I really feel for a pro who has fit nailed down, and all their stuff has the same measurements, and fits right, I think its not nearly as big a deal as for a person trying to understand fit.

I love full fit pics, and I nag Garry (PoP smile.gif all the time, but its just that, a nag.

 

 

Nobody here is a pro...

 

Everyone can learn...

post #7929 of 46891
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

this is a fresh look Noodles. very nice

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Shibumi boys rocking the same tie today. Was there a fight to see who would get to keep it on?

Sure. But the fight ended in a tie.

 

:)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Crazy jacket there SB- looks like it'd stop bullets. vintage?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

was there a memo on going loud today?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

So you were just teasing me with the sedate stuff.  Spectre will be turning in his grave.

post #7930 of 46891
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnathor View Post

So, my cali friends, how is it not longer having plastic bags but an open border? I'd say Texans have it better but El Paso is wide open too... Now if only Niagara Falls wasn't so damn busy and full of power tripping agents...lookaround.gif

??? What are you on about, man?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

The navy pants might not be ideal, but that right there is gold.

What colors would have worked better there?

Olive, brown (medium or dark), gray (medium or dark), and, actually, a darker navy but in flannel
post #7931 of 46891
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post
 


:)I think it's more the lighting. The last two pictures are better in terms of contrast, but I agree that the first pic washes out the difference.

 

Nice to see you post here regularly now, TP. I like your stuff. Regarding this fit, I don't think the problem is the contrast between SC and trousers, but the complete lack of contrast between shirt and trousers. Looks a bit like a monochrome block to me now. Might have worked better with a striped shirt, but with the risk of being too busy pattern wise with that SC...

post #7932 of 46891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Crazy jacket there SB- looks like it'd stop bullets. vintage?

It's actually not that heavy, but it certainly felt it today with today's 33-degree temps (converted for your Antipodean convenience smile.gif ). It's relatively recent and definitely not from the approved list of vendors...
post #7933 of 46891
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

Nobody here is a pro...
Everyone can learn...

Eh. I dont quite agree.

In a general sense, most certainly everyone can learn, but in a specific sense, some people are definitely pro level.

For example, with topic at hand, there are some people who have honed in their fit and everything is pretty spot on. Especially people that have a consistent tailor doing their bespoke/alteraions all to the exact same measurements. Not much variation there once it's nailed down, imo.
post #7934 of 46891
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

Nice to see you post here regularly now, TP. I like your stuff. Regarding this fit, I don't think the problem is the contrast between SC and trousers, but the complete lack of contrast between shirt and trousers. Looks a bit like a monochrome block to me now. Might have worked better with a striped shirt, but with the risk of being too busy pattern wise with that SC...
If I am going to guess, he is wearing a pale blue shirt and light grey pants. Cellphone pics under artificial light sucks. I like the ensemble
post #7935 of 46891
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post
 

 

Nice to see you post here regularly now, TP. I like your stuff. Regarding this fit, I don't think the problem is the contrast between SC and trousers, but the complete lack of contrast between shirt and trousers. Looks a bit like a monochrome block to me now. Might have worked better with a striped shirt, but with the risk of being too busy pattern wise with that SC...


It's a good point, Elio. The ideal shirt, I think, would be a slightly darker blue with a micro check. Contrast, with a play on pattern.

 

Edit: On stripes, I think a thinner pencil blue stripe, not too strong, but enough to resolve to something darker in the distance, but subtle enough to not fight against the checks. Sound about right?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)