or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 523

post #7831 of 44010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandArts View Post

LOL! Residual habit from 10+ years of ad agency life shog[1].gif
However, I will try to not smoke for my shots biggrin.gif

If you stop the smoking shots Ill be sorely disappointed. I mean, Im all for quitting smoking, I wish I could truly kick the habit, but they make for a cool pic.
post #7832 of 44010
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

If you stop the smoking shots Ill be sorely disappointed. I mean, Im all for quitting smoking, I wish I could truly kick the habit, but they make for a cool pic.

LOL! Ok, maybe I'll do some with and some without decisions.gif
post #7833 of 44010
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


If you stop the smoking shots Ill be sorely disappointed. I mean, Im all for quitting smoking, I wish I could truly kick the habit, but they make for a cool pic.

Just think of how many more Panta suits/Schneider coats/ GG shoes you could buy with the saved monies, Stitch! Do like NOBD, and quit that bitch.

post #7834 of 44010

In 2014 alone, I've quit alcohol and diet coke. I don't smoke. But I don't have any additional money for NWMA. :puzzled:

post #7835 of 44010
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

In 2014 alone, I've quit alcohol and diet coke. I don't smoke. But I don't have any additional money for NWMA. :puzzled:

 

If you listened to your wife about everything, you'd be posting here wearing slim fit j crew suits. 

post #7836 of 44010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

If you listened to your wife about everything, you'd be posting here wearing slim fit j crew suits. 

She wants me to shop at jcrew so she can shop at channel.

post #7837 of 44010
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

She wants me to shop at jcrew so she can shop at channel.

 

Tell her to get a job :P

 

The most excited I saw her the whole time was when we saw an abercrombie. LOL!

post #7838 of 44010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

 

Off Topic (Click to show)

Tell her to get a job :P

 

The most excited I saw her the whole time was when we saw an abercrombie. LOL!

I am very glad she shops at the likes of Abercrombie and Zara. Whew~

She plans on going to school and we can get by with my pathetic paycheck.  

post #7839 of 44010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post
 

 

DonC, one of your best so far in term of fit, IMHO. Really slims you down - I'm not saying that your other outfits makes you look heavier, though, but this one really shows you under a good light!
post #7840 of 44010
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Today's suit is both an experiment and a "crime of opportunity". I was assisting a colleague who wanted a new suit, and wanted it cheap (due to his financial circumstances), which led us to our local branch of Joseph A. Bank. They had a rack of clearance items, from which my colleague bought a suit, but also on the rack was a group of Signature Platinum suits, their top of the line items, with a retail price tag of $2195. With all of their discounts, these suits were, prior to alterations and taxes, about 85% off, and the one I'm wearing today (a size 40R - I'm a 42 R or 42S everywhere else on the planet) seems to fit (with alterations), so I took the plunge, whether for good or ill, I leave to your judgment.

Suit - JAB
Shirt - BB
Tie - Drake's
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








For those interested in the mystery of who makes JAB Signature Platinum suits, I took my suit from Monday's posting (spoilered above) to my alterations tailor, a Neapolitan gentleman trained at Isaia, and, on the basis of the handwork under the collar, he says Zegna makes them. As it is, he's adjusting the back a bit, and is shortening and tapering the trousers a bit - will post photos when the work is done.
post #7841 of 44010

 

 

post #7842 of 44010

Very beautiful suit. Three different patterns (tie, shirt, and suit) are something I'm not sure of. Anyone has an opinion?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
 

 

 

post #7843 of 44010
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

For those interested in the mystery of who makes JAB Signature Platinum suits, I took my suit from Monday's posting (spoilered above) to my alterations tailor, a Neapolitan gentleman trained at Isaia, and, on the basis of the handwork under the collar, he says Zegna makes them. As it is, he's adjusting the back a bit, and is shortening and tapering the trousers a bit - will post photos when the work is done.

 

This is just beautiful!

post #7844 of 44010
Technically, this is my birthday suit, since Shibumi turns two today; btw, to celebrate, there is 10% discount on everything until friday (code ANNIVERSARY).

I also took my new briefcase for a spin, surprisingly subltle for a green one.





post #7845 of 44010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamhope View Post
 

 

Yes, it's gorgeous! It's playful without being gaudy! 

@Braddock is consistently one of my favorite posters and one whom I wish to emulate in time. 


Edited by ridethecliche - 10/1/14 at 11:51am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)