I don't like loafers with formal suits but quite like them with a more casual suit in summer. I like them mainly with sport coats though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 2:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread Last post on Today at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- Eidos Napoli Last post on Today at 4:50 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 305post #4561 of 106818/1/14 at 4:25am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4562 of 106818/1/14 at 4:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
What do you think of Cashmere trousers in general? I always found them too stretchy and found they lost their shape from about lunchtime onwards, saggy in the ass etc. Of course they return to shape but I eventually decided I didn't want to spend half the day with a saggy bum and ditched them for heavier wool flannels. Must say I find the same with lighter weight flannel too.
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. The trousers are wool flannel with no cashmere. Only the jacket, tie and vest are pure cashmere.post #4563 of 106818/1/14 at 4:29ampost #4564 of 106818/1/14 at 4:34amQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
It all looks very comfortable but at the same time gives an impression of attention to detail. With reference to the earlier conversation, I think that this is one occasion where a white shirt might have been a better choice than the blue given that everything else is in the blue-grey range. Personally, or more probably because of my British background, I might have gone for black shoes but I like these ones (even if you are wearing them in the house...).
Funny, I have the Sydney loafers in black calf and nearly went for them instead. I have a sort of English/Italian preference but from my experience the proposition that Italians don't like black shoes is entirely without foundation.post #4565 of 106818/1/14 at 5:24ampost #4566 of 106818/1/14 at 5:40ampost #4567 of 106818/1/14 at 6:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
But it was more of a general comment prompted by the deluge of images.
Also, I didn't notice that you were responding to posters citing them as examples of folks who wouldn't ever wear a white shirt outside of a suit or evening context. Then, yeah, counter examples make perfect sense.
For the record guys - I cited Cary Grant, Fred Astaire,& other greats as examples of guys who have valid opinions about style. Nothing to do with white shirts..
Here's a white shirt with linen- I like this kind of look.
Edited by Pliny - 8/1/14 at 8:49pmpost #4568 of 106818/1/14 at 6:27ampost #4569 of 106818/1/14 at 6:33amQuote:
...probably because you can't manage to fit one in between???I is sorry, you set it up perfectly and I just had to go after it. I am sorry!post #4570 of 106818/1/14 at 6:35ampost #4571 of 106818/1/14 at 6:36amQuote:Originally Posted by spectre
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
MTM Cashmere jacket, pants and shirt
Drakes cashmere tie
Robert Old cashmere sleeveless vest
CandJ Sydney loafers in chocolate suede.
Warning! Excess use of cashmere can be hazardous to your wealth.
I like the look a lot but something in me wants to change the color of the tie.
Darker? Lighter? Dunno really Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #4572 of 106818/1/14 at 6:43am
He's here all week...Quote:
I would never have said it was a British vs. Italian thing. It's more of a British / European vs. North American thing.post #4573 of 106818/1/14 at 6:46ampost #4574 of 106818/1/14 at 6:49am
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here 11 seconds ago
- › Lawless Denim & Co (Phoenix, Arizona) 25 seconds ago
- › Mr. Hare Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)