Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Yesterday at 11:23 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- Eidos Napoli Last post on 9/15/14 at 7:21am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 304
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4547 of 71697/31/14 at 8:10pmQuote:
Irony, sarcasm, or do you really like it?
Clags shirt looks like a tattersal check to me, perfect companion to that suit.
Thanks, mate. It's a no name Italian MTM made from Dormeuil Amadeus cloth.post #4548 of 71697/31/14 at 8:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by TweedyProf
The nice thing about greys are that they are neutral whereas navy adds another color to the mix which requires a bit of extra thought. Navy pants also should not be worsted, I think, else there's also the orphan look of them. That said, I always felt that this was a nice fit:
I think that's key- they generally look like the lost & lonely bottom half of the the wearer's one and only suit. He does look pretty good tho IMO even tho dk gray would be more distinquishedpost #4549 of 71697/31/14 at 8:50pmpost #4550 of 71697/31/14 at 9:32pmQuote:
Yes but in summer with cotton pants and a lightweight jacket and no tie the dynamic maybe changes?post #4551 of 71697/31/14 at 10:06pmQuote:
You mean re: the navy pants? As long as it looks like a Summery fit, as opposed to biz-cas in worsted or flannel that says 'Suit' . Something with a wider hem and lower waist, say, in linen or light cotton.post #4552 of 71697/31/14 at 10:40pmpost #4553 of 71697/31/14 at 11:07pmpost #4554 of 71697/31/14 at 11:08pmpost #4555 of 71698/1/14 at 12:02ampost #4556 of 71698/1/14 at 12:12amQuote:
What do you think of Cashmere trousers in general? I always found them too stretchy and found they lost their shape from about lunchtime onwards, saggy in the ass etc. Of course they return to shape but I eventually decided I didn't want to spend half the day with a saggy bum and ditched them for heavier wool flannels. Must say I find the same with lighter weight flannel too.post #4557 of 71698/1/14 at 3:45ampost #4558 of 71698/1/14 at 3:52ampost #4559 of 71698/1/14 at 3:54amQuote:Originally Posted by spectre
MTM Cashmere jacket, pants and shirt
Drakes cashmere tie
Robert Old cashmere sleeveless vest
CandJ Sydney loafers in chocolate suede.
Warning! Excess use of cashmere can be hazardous to your wealth.
It all looks very comfortable but at the same time gives an impression of attention to detail. With reference to the earlier conversation, I think that this is one occasion where a white shirt might have been a better choice than the blue given that everything else is in the blue-grey range. Personally, or more probably because of my British background, I might have gone for black shoes but I like these ones (even if you are wearing them in the house...).post #4560 of 71698/1/14 at 3:57amFriday, and not a moment too soon . . .
Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - BB
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
PS - Ashear
Shoes - Bexley
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Crusty Crouch 2.0 - not as authoritative as when wearing a waistcoat
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Australian Members 11 seconds ago
- › WrongWeather.net, Fashion & Lifestyle for Contemporary Men:... 56 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Netflix instant movie suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › Recent Sartorialist Looks 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)