or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 296

post #4426 of 7136
Unfortunately, no. You could try The Hound near Union Square. They carry Robert Talbott, and the one wide knit I have is a Robert Talbott.
post #4427 of 7136
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post
 

 

It´s middle class RTW from a German brand called "Windsor". After the season you get this brand with a 50-70% discount from a german online outlet, which is a good price for the quality.

 

Oh, Windsor is familiar to me. I had trousers(bought in Vienna long ago) and a pair of shirts from them.

 

Thank you.

post #4428 of 7136

Orange tie ...

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

 

 

post #4429 of 7136
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

No meeting with bankers today but just dressed properly for work. Thanks for the shirts @Claghorn (today's and the last one). 

 

Other than the square fold I think this might be your best look yet. Suit & tie look great, like the knot size/collar spread, really nice stuff. Where is the tie from?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT652 View Post
 

 

I'm going back and forth here, but thinking that this might be one of the situations where a white linen square is not the optimal choice (maybe it's all the browns?), It's certainly not bad, and everything else looks great, but I think that something between the lightness of the shirt and darkness of the tie (maybe some dark green/brown/red/blue combo) that perhaps resolves to a solid at a distance would be really killer.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

GMM - i gave you a like for the top block. bottom block not doin it for me, buddy.

 

Interested to hear what bothers you about the bottom block. Grey pants + brown suede seems like a pretty good combo. No socks?

post #4430 of 7136
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
..













Sharp!

You always nail the city look.
post #4431 of 7136
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

Other than the square fold I think this might be your best look yet. Suit & tie look great, like the knot size/collar spread, really nice stuff. Where is the tie from?


I'm going back and forth here, but thinking that this might be one of the situations where a white linen square is not the optimal choice (maybe it's all the browns?), It's certainly not bad, and everything else looks great, but I think that something between the lightness of the shirt and darkness of the tie (maybe some dark green/brown/red/blue combo) that perhaps resolves to a solid at a distance would be really killer.


Interested to hear what bothers you about the bottom block. Grey pants + brown suede seems like a pretty good combo. No socks?

@Cotton Dockers I'm sure you are right, unfortunately I don't own such a square so white was the best I had available. I will put a PS in the palette you suggest at the top of my shopping list smile.gif
post #4432 of 7136
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT652 View Post

@Cotton Dockers I'm sure you are right, unfortunately I don't own such a square so white was the best I had available. I will put a PS in the palette you suggest at the top of my shopping list smile.gif

Just a thought. Not sure if these are on point, but a handful of Drake's are on sale at Exquisite Trimmings.

post #4433 of 7136
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

WIWY..

 

[...]

 

 

 

 

Anyone who dislikes white shirts (and there are such folk) needs to check out chocsosa’s postings to this thread; really lovely.  Sugarbutch is another member who wears them often and well.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #4434 of 7136
I really don't understand the dislike of white shirts.
post #4435 of 7136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

Just a thought. Not sure if these are on point, but a handful of Drake's are on sale at Exquisite Trimmings.

Thanks, I'll take a look smile.gif
post #4436 of 7136
The SF dreaded navy odd trousers. These are a new luxire flannel pair and first wear. They need a cm taken off the length I've decided. They also need a brush after only about an hour of wear, one of the drawbacks of flannel in dark colours I guess.





Tie: Henry Carter wool challis
Shirt: Luxire
Coat: Herringbone Sydney
PS: Henry Carter hand rolled Macclesfield
Trousers: Luxire navy flannel
Shoes: Carmina
post #4437 of 7136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

After making several attempts over the last day or so, I can finally respond to bespokekiwi's vicious insinuation:

I have never used the words "wow factor" nor have I ever used the word "pop" in such a context.

BKiwi, you and I have a date, noon, in front of the SF Saloon. Bring a pistol.

 

@Claghorn the SF Saloon rendezvous sounds inviting, albeit for a pint (beer) or two mate -- not a duel.   If I quoted your "pop" expression out of context, then I stand corrected and apologise unreservedly.  ;) 

post #4438 of 7136

Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece silk jacket, Brooksease button down shirt, ribbon belt, and argyle socks, Tie Bar tie, Squarextraordinare pocket square, Land's End trousers, and Allen Edmonds tan suede Standmoks in the local 1001 Arabian Nights fantasy land patterned after the Hanging Gardens Of Babylon.......

post #4439 of 7136
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post


Besides, no matter how bespoke the kiwi, it is a well-known fact that ratite birds are terrible shots, as one would expect, having no upper appendages of any sort.

 

@upr_crust  I confess that recently I sometimes wished that I was a ratite (wingless) bird like a kiwi.  It would have saved me a great deal of time and effort over the past year from having to remotely troubleshoot numerous sleeve related issues (i.e. length, pitch, divot, armhole size and/or upper back/shoulders a size too big etc) with several new bespoke SC/blazers from my Hong Kong tailor.  :D 


Edited by BespokeKiwi - 7/30/14 at 11:13pm
post #4440 of 7136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post

Orange tie ...

Cheers,

Ac

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Wish the orange tie appeared orange-er on my monitor. Thumb given nonetheless, as I like the fit and I like envisioning an orange-er orange (<3 orange).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)