or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 277

post #4141 of 7808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginneling83 View Post









Isaia sportscoat, 
Tramarossa jeans
Drakes pocket square
Tramarossa jeans
Maffeis shirt
Santoni shoes.

A beautiful sport coat but I really hate that Isaia branding thing in the lapel button. It's like the Ralph Lauren polos. Why do you need to proclaim the brand, the coat clearly speaks for itself.
I would have also gone for a white pocket square or perhaps a navy/green or navy/brown paisley silk one.
I went off sport coats and jeans because I feel I am too old to pull it off, but you should stick with it.
Nice to have a pic of the coat unstructured, or unlined, on its own. Good look.
post #4142 of 7808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

Just weighing in to agree that I have the same skepticism of people who wax nostalgic about the "good old days."

You had to be there.
post #4143 of 7808
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre View Post


Similar jacket and solid tie but the top half looks washed out, leaving top all light and bottom all dark. Brown knit tie?

If you can put up with my pedantry I'm trying to be constructive, although I strongly disagree with reaction that my general comments early on about pattern overload were not constructive. It was a generalisation which possibly needed a more detailed explanation.
 

I do agree the presence of dark brown in the lower half makes the tie and top half look really washed out. A navy knit tie could be good? I suppose dark brown would work but it seems like there would be too much brown then.

post #4144 of 7808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginneling83 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








Isaia sportscoat, 
Tramarossa jeans
Drakes pocket square
Tramarossa jeans
Maffeis shirt
Santoni shoes.

That is a sweet sport coat, but I'd probably remove the Isaia pin from the lapel button hole before wearing it.

Edit. Just realised that I echoed spectre's post.
post #4145 of 7808
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post


That is a sweet sport coat, but I'd probably remove the Isaia pin from the lapel button hole before wearing it.

Edit. Just realised that I echoed spectre's post.

 

I just realized that I leave the pin in on my Eidos, but have taken it out on my Isaia.  I think the Eidos pin is more tasteful on its own terms, but it's also a bit of a visceral thing; the Isaia pin seems to be about brand proclamation.  After all, people regularly sell the Isaia pins on eBay and occasionally on the BST board for $40 and up. 

 

Am I trying too hard to justify leaving my Eidos pin in?

post #4146 of 7808
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
 

 

I just realized that I leave the pin in on my Eidos, but have taken it out on my Isaia.  I think the Eidos pin is more tasteful on its own terms, but it's also a bit of a visceral thing; the Isaia pin seems to be about brand proclamation.  After all, people regularly sell the Isaia pins on eBay and occasionally on the BST board for $40 and up. 

 

Am I trying too hard to justify leaving my Eidos pin in?

 

I took the Eidos pins out of both of my coats. Wanna buy them? :nest: 

post #4147 of 7808
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre View Post


A beautiful sport coat but I really hate that Isaia branding thing in the lapel button. It's like the Ralph Lauren polos. Why do you need to proclaim the brand, the coat clearly speaks for itself.
I would have also gone for a white pocket square or perhaps a navy/green or navy/brown paisley silk one.
I went off sport coats and jeans because I feel I am too old to pull it off, but you should stick with it.
Nice to have a pic of the coat unstructured, or unlined, on its own. Good look.

I see what u mean. but I have to tell u. Befor I had this blaxer I wore Corneliani Canali etc. This is my first real great brand blazer and I love that coral pin. I come from a city in Netherlands Europe where no one has ever heard Isaia so its not that I want to proclaim. But as the time passes I prolly remove it.

post #4148 of 7808
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post

I just realized that I leave the pin in on my Eidos, but have taken it out on my Isaia.  I think the Eidos pin is more tasteful on its own terms, but it's also a bit of a visceral thing; the Isaia pin seems to be about brand proclamation.  After all, people regularly sell the Isaia pins on eBay and occasionally on the BST board for $40 and up. 

Am I trying too hard to justify leaving my Eidos pin in?

Well, You're helping NickP in making his label more visible, which of course is a kind act on your behalf.

I'm always fast in removing all brands, pins et. c. on all my newly purchased clothes. The thought of actually purchasing a pin to stick to one's jacket for show, is just bizarre to me.
post #4149 of 7808
hard to be certain from the picture, but it looks like the jacket is a great fit -- if you like the red coral pin, keep wearing it. it is completely a personal choice, and I don't think it is related to this "rule" or that. I like it, myself, and think it looks great with your jacket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre View Post

A beautiful sport coat but I really hate that Isaia branding thing in the lapel button. It's like the Ralph Lauren polos. Why do you need to proclaim the brand, the coat clearly speaks for itself.
I would have also gone for a white pocket square or perhaps a navy/green or navy/brown paisley silk one.
I went off sport coats and jeans because I feel I am too old to pull it off, but you should stick with it.
Nice to have a pic of the coat unstructured, or unlined, on its own. Good look.
post #4150 of 7808
This Spectre guy is beginning to grow on me. Good posting flurry, Spec (and sorry about the conductor's cap thing).
post #4151 of 7808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egdon Heath View Post

This Spectre guy is beginning to grow on me. Good posting flurry, Spec (and sorry about the conductor's cap thing).

Thank you. I've mellowed with age over the past few days!
post #4152 of 7808
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre View Post

Thank you. I've mellowed with age over the past few days!
I'm going to miss the old spectre; bastard that he was.





wink.gif
post #4153 of 7808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginneling83 View Post






The sleeves look very tight.
post #4154 of 7808

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tried and True View Post

I'm going to miss the old spectre; bastard that he was.

 

 

post #4155 of 7808
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre View Post

A beautiful sport coat but I really hate that Isaia branding thing in the lapel button. It's like the Ralph Lauren polos. Why do you need to proclaim the brand, the coat clearly speaks for itself.
I would have also gone for a white pocket square or perhaps a navy/green or navy/brown paisley silk one.
I went off sport coats and jeans because I feel I am too old to pull it off, but you should stick with it.
Nice to have a pic of the coat unstructured, or unlined, on its own. Good look.

Meh to SC and jeans, esp. a navy blazer. Maybe something with a little more texture/pattern; even then I will probably dislike it a little less.

@spectre Welcome to Style Forum and thanks for contributing! (sly.gifwink.gif)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)