or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2753

post #41281 of 43861

And Sunday night at Restaurant Guy Savoy, in Caesar's Palace...

 

post #41282 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Suit Supply Jort
Proper Cloth
HN White
Luxire
Edward Green

Great stuff, but could use more color difference between trousers and jacket? Shoes 5/5.
post #41283 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uunottaja View Post

Great stuff, but could use more color difference between trousers and jacket? Shoes 5/5.

Thanks. The two are nothing alike IRL.
post #41284 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

#70.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

















I quite like the suit on you, but would prefer Oxfords over derbies. On another note, I'd very much like to a see a higher collar on your shirt. The collar on this shirt seems very very low.
post #41285 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy57 View Post
 

And Sunday night at Restaurant Guy Savoy, in Caesar's Palace...

 

 

My wife and I went there when we were in Vegas last. One of the best places to eat in what is mostly a culinary wasteland.

post #41286 of 43861

I'm starting with this outfit a week with 5 striped shirts to wear in a row. Yes, just for fun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Details (Click to show)
Suit: SuitSupply
Shirt: SuitSupply
Tie: Howard's
Shoes: Meermin
post #41287 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCSYC View Post

I'm starting with this outfit a week with 5 striped shirts to wear in a row. Yes, just for fun.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)










Details (Click to show)
Suit: SuitSupply
Shirt: SuitSupply
Tie: Howard's
Shoes: Meermin

Well done!
post #41288 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

 

My wife and I went there when we were in Vegas last. One of the best places to eat in what is mostly a culinary wasteland.


Las Vegas is a top 5 culinary city in the US.  Its also likely the premier city for high end wine.  I've had some of the my best meals there, and this is coming from someone who has lived most of his life in SF Bay Area and NYC.

post #41289 of 43861

X-Post from NMWA Thread

 

post #41290 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillingToLearn View Post
 


Las Vegas is a top 5 culinary city in the US.

 

Top X in the U.S. is usually a matter of opinion and in this case I personally think it is particularly the case. The problem with Las Vegas is that it doesn't really have a style of either food, restaurant, or wine. Sure, they can pull in quite a lot of produce but it will never be the freshest or have the most local character because not much grows there. Another problem is that, if you buy into the whole Michelin thing, I don't think they have been back there in quite some time to re-evaluate these "star" restaurants. I could be wrong on that, but I haven't heard anything about it. To my mind, Las Vegas doesn't even break the top 10 food cities. Even eating in Louisville is considerably better. 

post #41291 of 43861
post #41292 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

 

Top X in the U.S. is usually a matter of opinion and in this case I personally think it is particularly the case. The problem with Las Vegas is that it doesn't really have a style of either food, restaurant, or wine. Sure, they can pull in quite a lot of produce but it will never be the freshest or have the most local character because not much grows there. Another problem is that, if you buy into the whole Michelin thing, I don't think they have been back there in quite some time to re-evaluate these "star" restaurants. I could be wrong on that, but I haven't heard anything about it. To my mind, Las Vegas doesn't even break the top 10 food cities. Even eating in Louisville is considerably better. 


Las Vegas, to my mind, is hit-and-miss. We've had some stellar meals there and some not-so-stellar ones. This weekend was an illustration. Saturday evening at the Foundation Room in Mandalay Bay was meh. Mediocre, at best. Tired decor, iffy service, and the food was okay at best. The best part of the entire experience was, of course, the view. Sunday night at Guy Savoy was wonderful. Fantastically expensive, but superb food, attentive service, and a certain panache made for a great experience. The room was huge and rather brightly lit, which destroyed any feeling of intimacy.

 

We had good meals at other Caesar's restaurants. We've also enjoyed Sage, in the Aria, a couple of the places in the Venetian (but not Mario Batali's place), and I think we enjoyed the Eiffel Tower restaurant in Paris (still talking about Las Vegas). But it's a very subjective thing, of course.

 

Interestingly, many of the hotels/restaurants are part of a produce and meat buying collective and they all buy the same stuff, in considerable bulk. What this means is these Las Vegas properties can get access to better meat and produce than single restaurants can in other cities. Now, what they do with it after it's delivered is another matter, but being in a desert is not necessarily a disadvantage that these places have to deal with much.

post #41293 of 43861

New SF member here, and I'm pretty new to wearing classic menswear, so please excuse any stylistic faux pas. Here's my Monday outfit. 

 

 

Top: Sports coat by Corneliani (the colour is sort of correct in the left side of the frame), sky blue textured shirt by Stenströms, light pink woven silk tie by Ermenegildo Zegna. Bronze Liberty pocket square.

 

 

 

 

Bottom: Nature brown shoes from Antica Sartoria Napoli. No name socks, cream coloured Tommy Hilfiger linen chinos.

 

post #41294 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaltazar View Post

Guys, remember that when answering from mobile phones there is no "spoiler" option... It happens to me a lot...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


In which case consider referring to the poster instead of quoting the post.

 

AND...also don't post a useless 3 word response like "This is great!"

post #41295 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFHansen View Post
 

New SF member here, and I'm pretty new to wearing classic menswear, so please excuse any stylistic faux pas. Here's my Monday outfit. 

 

 

Top: Sports coat by Corneliani (the colour is sort of correct in the left side of the frame), sky blue textured shirt by Stenströms, light pink woven silk tie by Ermenegildo Zegna. Bronze Liberty pocket square.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Bottom: Nature brown shoes from Antica Sartoria Napoli. No name socks, cream coloured Tommy Hilfiger linen chinos.

 

 

Welcome to SF @RFHansen

 

From what I see I am cool with the jacket trouser comibination but I am not  fan. I much lighter blue or a white shirt would have been better. I am also not a fan of the  socks.I lighter color socks similar to the trousers would have been much better.

 

It helps if you post a full figure picture so we can analyze your fit of your outfit

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)