or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2741

post #41101 of 43835

I own that PS, that reminds me of last week holidays...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Details (Click to show)
Suit: SuitSupply
Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
Tie: Howards
PS: Drake's
 

Edited by SYCSYC - 8/24/16 at 10:38am
post #41102 of 43835

V hot today in the UK, temps in the 30s. Unfortunately no a/c in my room. Linen required: - jacket, shirt and PS. I've posted the jacket/trouser combo previously, this time, pink shirt and blue tie. Trousers and chukkas the same.

 

 

 

Gianni Feraud Blazer

PRL linen BD shirt

Thrifted tie (so worn I can't make out the brand)

PRL linen PS

Gap cream chinos

Loake tan chukkas (not pictured)

post #41103 of 43835
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post


Whether my suit today is a greyish brown or a brownish grey is very much dependent on one's monitor, one's eyeballs, or one's lighting - as I said, I never color inside the lines very well . . ..shog[1].gif At least you liked the combination . . .

Paging @Murlsquirl:hide: 

post #41104 of 43835
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Paging @Murlsquirl
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif 

Ah, fir fecks sake....
post #41105 of 43835

Hola!

 

post #41106 of 43835


Eidos suit
PC shirt
KW tie (brown/blue bi-color knit)
J.Crew pocket square
Leonard & Church watch
Meermin dub-monks
Couple more shots (Click to show)

post #41107 of 43835

Anyone else notice that long-haired, long-bearded Moss and Claghorn look like brothers?  Were you guys separated at birth?

post #41108 of 43835
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post

Anyone else notice that long-haired, long-bearded Moss and Claghorn look like brothers?  Were you guys separated at birth?

No. only their hair was . . .
post #41109 of 43835

I really like this look. You have a great sense of style. Do you normally wear dress watches by chance? If so which ones?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

The weather is warming up a bit in NYC - time to eschew waistcoats - but it's still cool and dry enough for a lightweight suit. The Friday Challenge is "drown in brown" - to wear as much brown as is possible, while still maintaining an attractive appearance. Being one who has never successfully "colored in between the lines", I chose shades of brown on the edge - a taupe suit and a rust tie - to go with tiger eye cufflinks and chocolate suede wingtips. I hope I qualify . . .

Suit - BB Fitzgerald
Shirt - Ike Behar
Tie - JAB
Cufflinks - Liberty of London
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Canali

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 
post #41110 of 43835
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
 

Anyone else notice that long-haired, long-bearded Moss and Claghorn look like brothers?  Were you guys separated at birth?


When I need a haircut, I can see it.

post #41111 of 43835
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Bruh.

BRUH.

This is not good.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Noted.  The jacket is 100% linen.  It wrinkles a lot.  When I have it dry cleaned, the quarters are less open.  When it gets to this stage of wrinkledness it causes the quarters to gape.  I don't actually wear it closed that often, but I'm not bothered that much by the gape given how casual the jacket is.  I wouldn't want my more formal jackets with quarters this open of course.

 

TL:DR ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

post #41112 of 43835

It's fine. Getting too fastidious about those things ruins the casual nonchalance of the rig you're wearing.

post #41113 of 43835
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Bruh.


BRUH.


This is not good.

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Noted.  The jacket is 100% linen.  It wrinkles a lot.  When I have it dry cleaned, the quarters are less open.  When it gets to this stage of wrinkledness it causes the quarters to gape.  I don't actually wear it closed that often, but I'm not bothered that much by the gape given how casual the jacket is.  I wouldn't want my more formal jackets with quarters this open of course.

TL:DR ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Understood. Maybe photograph as you wear it?
post #41114 of 43835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

It's fine. Getting too fastidious about those things ruins the casual nonchalance of the rig you're wearing.

You are comically contrarian.
post #41115 of 43835

#68.

 

Gentlemen - I've been away on business, and then a skiing holiday. Feeling relaxed, fit and re-invigorated...clearly it's time to post another fit.

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)