or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2727

post #40891 of 43842
It is good to wear something other than shorts, polo shirts, and camp moccasins without socks - practical for an active construction site (as my new apartment has been for the last three days, and I babysitting, awaiting furniture deliveries), but not very interesting, sartorially.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt & trousers - BB
Tie - Michelson's via Thomas Farthing, London
Shoes - Carmina, via the Armoury, NYC


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







post #40892 of 43842
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

Square is a little more exposed than I'd like.  Shirt is houndstooth.  

YES !!! Blackwatch jacket, that's awesome.

@upr_crust Love the violet jacket, great combo. You're always dapper, but I've already said it.

Today, horizontal stripes

Yesterday
post #40893 of 43842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieuw View Post

Don't you consider the tie too short? No offense

None taken, but no. I like the tip of my tie to touch the top of my belt. Wearing it longer is in vogue at the moment, but not my go to.
post #40894 of 43842

Nothing wrong with tie length.

post #40895 of 43842



First outing for this tie.
post #40896 of 43842
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post


None taken, but no. I like the tip of my tie to touch the top of my belt. Wearing it longer is in vogue at the moment, but not my go to.


Getting one's tie to end at the top of one's belt, as well as not getting the rear blade longer than the front blade and just hanging there looking silly, is a matter of skill.  Some people have the skill and some don't have the skill.

Those who lack the skill have made up a silly name, "Spazatura" (or something like that) to cover up their lack of skill.

These unskilled souls are denied the simplest solution, wearing a bow tie, as bow ties require yet another set of even more complex skills.

post #40897 of 43842

RTW ties are much too long, give me the blues to day. I don't feel like cutting them off, just have to live with the length for now.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

post #40898 of 43842
In loving memory of this little rescue mutt, that we got to have for six years, until sickness took her this week. Picture taken during our last walk in the woods frown.gif

post #40899 of 43842

Condolences, Erik. 

post #40900 of 43842
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

In loving memory of this little rescue mutt, that we got to have for six years, until sickness took her this week. Picture taken during our last walk in the woods frown.gif
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I’m so sorry, Erik.

 

Ac

 

 

“Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”

 

—Anatole France

post #40901 of 43842

Condolences, Erik. :(

post #40902 of 43842
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

In loving memory of this little rescue mutt, that we got to have for six years, until sickness took her this week. Picture taken during our last walk in the woods frown.gif

 

The joy that we can give them in their relatively short lives is worth the pain of having to losing them. 

post #40903 of 43842

Pets become part of family. I know, Erik. Been where you are.

post #40904 of 43842
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It is good to wear something other than shorts, polo shirts, and camp moccasins without socks - practical for an active construction site (as my new apartment has been for the last three days, and I babysitting, awaiting furniture deliveries), but not very interesting, sartorially.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt & trousers - BB
Tie - Michelson's via Thomas Farthing, London
Shoes - Carmina, via the Armoury, NYC

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

This is one of my favorite outfits from you! Very nicely done. 

post #40905 of 43842
Quote:

Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

It is good to wear something other than shorts, polo shirts, and camp moccasins without socks - practical for an active construction site (as my new apartment has been for the last three days, and I babysitting, awaiting furniture deliveries), but not very interesting, sartorially.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole

 

Oh, my goodness, that coat is gorgeous!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)