or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2679

post #40171 of 43924



Ring
JWN
EG Cappelli on maiden voyage
Cant remember the PS
Panta
EG
post #40172 of 43924

Today.

 

201df46060486e74d0b683e0837eb50c.jpg

 

Details (Click to show)
* Suitsupply
* Tyrwhitt
* tie and ps by Poszetka
* Benevento pants
* Yanko shoes
 
39544bb11f7caec7cd233dfa3fae8ce1.jpg
 
c1d7b18f8c8850a7855d03cb0303fa38.jpg
 
470db53e36005865d84f786ae9f273f0.jpg
post #40173 of 43924

post #40174 of 43924
Quote:
Originally Posted by blekit View Post

 

Details (Click to show)

 

* Suitsupply

* Tyrwhitt
* tie and ps by Poszetka
* Benevento pants
* Yanko shoes
 
39544bb11f7caec7cd233dfa3fae8ce1.jpg
 
 
470db53e36005865d84f786ae9f273f0.jpg

Copy cat:sneaky2::). I posted an outfit with that jacket a few pages back

 

You was better off not wearing that pocket square since its color is similar to the jacket. I also  would have went with a darker tie but that might just be my preference.

post #40175 of 43924
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
 

I hear you on the shirt, which is too city for the shetland tweed.  What vibe puts you off from the square, i.e. is it a seasonal coherence thing or a color thing?

 

It's the brightness of the colors. The purple and green are like Las Vegas showgirls dancing on a dilapidated old wooden stage. Dilapidated old wooden stages look great, just so long as the actors look appropriately grizzled and rustic. I can't tell if it's a silk or wool PS, but in any case I think a color scheme taken more from the jacket or tie would have worked nicely. Either that or embrace the summer and wear those bright colors with a jacket that will properly show off their glory. 

 

Btw, love that jacket. 

post #40176 of 43924

@Pasteur 



I just bought the same getup from DLA. Gotta do my bit to support Finnish entrepreneurship.

Those pocket squares are awesome; I'm digging the Kalevala angle. I'm sure they'll sell quickly.
post #40177 of 43924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Engineer View Post
 

Copy cat:sneaky2::). I posted an outfit with that jacket a few pages back

 

You was better off not wearing that pocket square since its color is similar to the jacket. I also  would have went with a darker tie but that might just be my preference.

 

Yeah, I've noticed that you have this jacket as well :) Jacket and ps have similar colors on purpose - I thought the pattern on the former is quite loud on itself and didn't want to add any unnecessary distractions (hence tv-fold as well). White would probably be even better, but I feel it would be too formal for this combination. 

post #40178 of 43924

I've said it before but I will say it again, for educational purposes. Pocket squares have no inherent formality. A white linen PS is perfectly fine on the most casual, or formal, of jackets.

post #40179 of 43924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post

@Mr Engineer
 and @Mr Knightly
:


Don't buy these things.


I made the miistake of buying these.  Beyond what @Caustic Man
 said, these things are VERY uncomfortable.  Take your trousers to the tailor and have proper buttons sewn on the inside or wait a few days until I donate them the the UCLA Thrift Shop (on Sawtelle a block north of Santa Monica Blvd.) and then go in there and buy them and discover for yourself all the many bad points of these things.

Too late! When I was in Benson & Clegg in the spring and discussing my urge to get back into braces the assistant recommended these items. Just to try out braces and then if I liked them, start having buttons sewn on he suggested.

I tried them once or twice under a vest so as to hide them and will probably keep them for now. The worst aspect for me is the way they dig into your back when driving. They also tend to slip a bit and thus move their position during the day, demanding constant small adjustments.

They appear to offer no advantage over clip on braces.
post #40180 of 43924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knightley View Post


Too late! When I was in Benson & Clegg in the spring and discussing my urge to get back into braces the assistant recommended these items. Just to try out braces and then if I liked them, start having buttons sewn on he suggested.

I tried them once or twice under a vest so as to hide them and will probably keep them for now. The worst aspect for me is the way they dig into your back when driving. They also tend to slip a bit and thus move their position during the day, demanding constant small adjustments.

They appear to offer no advantage over clip on braces.

I've never found suspenders to be useful for anything but formal wear. I greatly prefer belts or side-tabs with a proper fit ensured by a good tailor.I took two Paul Stuart Phineas Cole suits to my tailor and had belt loops made from excess material from the pant legs. Suspenders were infuriating and unsightly whenever I took my jacket off at my desk.

post #40181 of 43924

Thanks @Jamesgatz and @Michael81 for the support and praises!

post #40182 of 43924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

I've said it before but I will say it again, for educational purposes. Pocket squares have no inherent formality. A white linen PS is perfectly fine on the most casual, or formal, of jackets.

Where they come from in the first place? Were they used as hankerchief(?) and then some how became pocket squares? 

post #40183 of 43924
post #40184 of 43924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

 

It's the brightness of the colors. The purple and green are like Las Vegas showgirls dancing on a dilapidated old wooden stage. Dilapidated old wooden stages look great, just so long as the actors look appropriately grizzled and rustic. I can't tell if it's a silk or wool PS, but in any case I think a color scheme taken more from the jacket or tie would have worked nicely. Either that or embrace the summer and wear those bright colors with a jacket that will properly show off their glory. 

 

Btw, love that jacket. 

 

Fair enough, and full points for the metaphor.  :cheers:

post #40185 of 43924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knightley View Post


Too late! When I was in Benson & Clegg in the spring and discussing my urge to get back into braces the assistant recommended these items. Just to try out braces and then if I liked them, start having buttons sewn on he suggested.

I tried them once or twice under a vest so as to hide them and will probably keep them for now. The worst aspect for me is the way they dig into your back when driving. They also tend to slip a bit and thus move their position during the day, demanding constant small adjustments.

They appear to offer no advantage over clip on braces.


My recommendation is to have the rear braces buttons sewn on the outside of your trouser waistband. I, too, find the rear buttons quite uncomfortable while driving or just sitting in an office chair. Especially if the tailor sews the damn buttons to the trouser waistband lining instead of the waistband itself.

 

It doesn't matter if the buttons are exposed in the back. Firstly, one doesn't remove one's jacket, does one? But secondly, if you do remove your jacket, and someone says why are your braces buttons on the outside of your trousers, simply reply, as I have done once or twice, "because that's where I told my tailor to sew them".

 

Anyways, having the buttons on the outside solves the comfort problem. Almost all mine are that way now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)