or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2660

post #39886 of 44075

Yesterday it was a lovely day to be out and about in SE England; the warmest of the year so far.  A good day to break out a couple of little pressies from Mrs K - lovely floral tie from @Tom Miler and washed leather folio case by Alvaro:

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by Mr Knightley - 7/25/16 at 5:36am
post #39887 of 44075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicure View Post
 

Nice boutonniere, and overall, I find the elegance of this fit exceptionally pleasing to the eye!

 

Thanks! The boutonniere is in fact a real flower. Carnation maybe? I dunno - I only know the names of two flowers: roses, and flowers that aren't roses.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knightley View Post
 

Yesterday it was a lovely day to be out and about in SE England; the warmest of the year so far.  A good day to break out a couple of little pressies from Mrs K - lovely floral tie from @Tom Miler and washed leather folio case by Alvaro:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

That's a lovely @Tom Miler tie! Your missus chose well.

post #39888 of 44075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 

 

Thanks! The boutonniere is in fact a real flower. Carnation maybe? I dunno - I only know the names of two flowers: roses, and flowers that aren't roses.

 

 

That's a lovely @Tom Miler tie! Your missus chose well.


Thanks mate.  My missus had a little op on her foot earlier in the year, which meant my spending some time at the 'sick bed' and driving her around too.  She has since been rewarding me with a few nice pressies:)

 

I like your flower whatever it is!

post #39889 of 44075

Suit up Monday

post #39890 of 44075

@blekit your best fit yet. The force is strong in you, young Jedi!

post #39891 of 44075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicure View Post

So, to cut to the chase, given my lack of experience, I wondered if you could offer any advice, or for that matter, whether any other veteran wearers of knitwear would care to share their experience?

 

There's also https://www.woolovers.com.au/mens/cardigans which is pretty good value but I've had to size down with their stuff. I forgot to mention that I have a John Smedley cardigan as well and it's noticeably finer than the others. That said, I don't have any pilling issues with any of my cardigans. There have been several complaints about the quality of Uniqlo cardigans over on the Aussie thread but I've had no problems with them. I have a lambswool cardigan from Uniqlo that I regularly wear and haven't noticed any significant pilling. I tend to wear mine, air them overnight, fold them and then put them away. Coupled with a large rotation, it means that I get a LOT of wear from my knitwear,

 

Others with a more reasonable rotation would be in a better position to advise you on this.

post #39892 of 44075
Quote:
Originally Posted by blekit View Post
 

Today. The weather made me reach for one of my more autumn suits way earlier than I predicted...

 

da34da075817b22cc55e2187934d2259.jpg

 

Details (Click to show)
* Suitsupply
* Osovski shirt
* Embassy of Elegance tie
* ps from Poszetka
* Yanko shoes
 
d5079a75e798f8430c5e1be8fa96fc46.jpg
 
ef0d784a353025eb1b3dd648e6bf90a3.jpg
 
c0772f20136769996e7a9a518a8c0aa0.jpg

 

The right shirt sleeve got caught up somehow and flap got tucked inside the pocket which I noticed only after the photo was taken. 


Nice suit,well tailored......I think you have benefited more with a white shirt white PS

post #39893 of 44075
After a VERY long day yesterday (up at 4:00 AM, and at the office at 5:30 AM, and there until 5: 30 PM), I'm back to a normal schedule. It's still warm here in NYC, though not as bad as it has been - a slight respite from 90+ F heat and humidity.

Please note that the Crusty Crouch will now be performed on Crusty's couch - the armchairs normally employed for that pose are at the refinishers/re-upholsterers, in prep for the move to the new apartment. Hope that you can deal with the change.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Lewin (linen)
PS - J. S. Blank
Trews - BB
Boots - Paul Smith


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









post #39894 of 44075

Crusty, you were talking about this "new apartment" nearly a year ago! This must be the most protracted relocation ever...

post #39895 of 44075
Nice fit @mr-six. I have a similar SC as yours in tropical wool weight- what other tie colors would you suggest? I have done it with brown knit in the past ( SC worn only once) but that seems just too easy. What do you think of pairing the jacket with olive chinos in a casual setting? Many thanks in advance for your suggestions😎
Edited by mc2k - 7/19/16 at 5:23am
post #39896 of 44075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Crusty, you were talking about this "new apartment" nearly a year ago! This must be the most protracted relocation ever...

It took seven months from contract to closing (contract signed in May, closed in December), and it's taking several months for the renovations to be finished (including changing contractors). Allegedly, it's all going to be done by sometime in August - we shall see.
post #39897 of 44075
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

After a VERY long day yesterday (up at 4:00 AM, and at the office at 5:30 AM, and there until 5: 30 PM), I'm back to a normal schedule. It's still warm here in NYC, though not as bad as it has been - a slight respite from 90+ F heat and humidity.

Please note that the Crusty Crouch will now be performed on Crusty's couch - the armchairs normally employed for that pose are at the refinishers/re-upholsterers, in prep for the move to the new apartment. Hope that you can deal with the change.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Lewin (linen)
PS - J. S. Blank
Trews - BB
Boots - Paul Smith
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








 

 

Love the collar on that Lewin shirt.  I have a few cotton shirts from them with a similar collar.  I've thought about having it replicated several times.  I've said it before, but my have they changed.  

post #39898 of 44075
New Friday Challenge is up!

Casual or conservative doesn't matter, it's all about the little details this time around.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/526443/friday-challenge-july-22-2016-victory-in-detail
Edited by jcmeyer - 7/20/16 at 2:54pm
post #39899 of 44075
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post
Share  

 

Should have added (and just did) a note that I was hunched over and about to reach for the camera when this photo was taken. There's no bunching at the button point when I'm standing and moving normally.


Was gonna guess the same, felt the fit was actually OK

post #39900 of 44075
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylexchangemtl View Post


Was gonna guess the same, felt the fit was actually OK

I disagree. In the first picture it's evident that sleeves are slightly too short, jacket is too short, button point could be lower (but not as big a deal), and jacket is too tight.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)