or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2644

post #39646 of 43877
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

 

Superb casual fit.  Details on the jacket.  Looks like the sleeves were shortened.  

 

 

Thanks, jacket is an isaia hopsack. The curse of functional buttons for us shorties!

post #39647 of 43877

Yesterday's outfit. It was a national day of Lithuania - a perfect day to wear a suit.

 

post #39648 of 43877
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

I'm not posting photos today, as what I'm wearing is both casual and uninteresting, and I'll be out of town starting tomorrow morning, so no postings from me until Monday.

However, last evening, my husband and I had the privilege and pleasure of being interviewed and photographed by Nathaniel Adams and Rose Callahan, respectively, author and photographer of the book "I Am Dandy". Nathaniel and Rose are planning a second book, which might (the operative word in this sentence is "might") include my husband and myself - we shall see.

I can tell you that the evening was great fun, and it was fascinating to watch Rose at work (with the largest camera lens I've ever had the occasion to have pointed at me) - it made me appreciate being the object of her attention. Nathaniel I've been acquainted with for several months, but he had never met my husband before, and he had the pleasure of getting to know him, and to see the two of us together. Nathaniel is a natural conversationalist, and drew out my somewhat shy husband, making him comfortable to talk. (For myself, once started, one cannot usually shut me up, so no worries there.)

The preparation for the interview was an exercise in selectivity. Nathaniel instructed us to pick out three ensembles in which to be photographed (I actually chose four), and it does test one's judgment to select a small amount of attire to sum up one's own personal style. It was also a challenge for our apartment's air conditioning system (which started to hiccup last Friday - a most inconvenient time to malfunction), since most of the suits my husband and I chose were fall/winter weight. We were able to make it through the evening with a minimum of sweat, happily.

If we make it into the book, we shall have to see if the clothes we chose exemplify our personal styles. If we do not, it was still a most pleasurably memorable evening.

 

Really hope you make it, look forward to that. Is your husband as interested in menswear as you?

post #39649 of 43877
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiplomaticTies View Post

Really hope you make it, look forward to that. Is your husband as interested in menswear as you?

Thank you, and yes, my husband is as interested in menswear as am I, only he exhibits a bit more fiscal probity in his purchases than do I (someone has to have a level head about money smile.gif ).
post #39650 of 43877

Gentlemen, some very nice fits lately.  I have had nothing new to say but have been watching.  upr_ your news is very exciting!

 

Today it is lovely in SE England and I had a walk by the river lunchtime in my new Salvatore Piccolo tie, so thought I should share that:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Details:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Blazer and trou - bespoke

Shirt - Hawes and Curtis

PS - Etro

Shoes - Barker Northcote

Socks - Filo Scozia OTC


Edited by Mr Knightley - 7/7/16 at 6:54am
post #39651 of 43877
Trying to keep cool in DC (90F at 8:30am...) in my cotton suit.



If you're local, stop by and say hi - we're at the Donovan
post #39652 of 43877

Hummingbird inmy pocket

post #39653 of 43877


 

This is an instructive juxtaposition of two fit images.

post #39654 of 43877
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post


Thank you, and yes, my husband is as interested in menswear as am I, only he exhibits a bit more fiscal probity in his purchases than do I (someone has to have a level head about money smile.gif ).


What is this "fiscal probity" of which you speak? It sounds like the devil's work.

 

I will have no truck with such calumny.

post #39655 of 43877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 

 

This is an instructive juxtaposition of two fit images.

@Coxsackie  Were you intending to enlarge upon that ...?

post #39656 of 43877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 

 

This is an instructive juxtaposition of two fit images.

Could you elaborate about this?

 

EDIT. I like @Spandexter outfit. It is as - AAC stated - good take on more casual side of CM. I don't see any obvious fit issues (I'd say that shoulders and sleeves nearby are wrinkling because of the pose) and the length of the jacket seems to be actually more appropriate than in case of mine. 

post #39657 of 43877
Quote:
Originally Posted by blekit View Post
 

Could you elaborate about this?

snap!

post #39658 of 43877
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Trying to keep cool in DC (90F at 8:30am...) in my cotton suit.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


If you're local, stop by and say hi - we're at the Donovan


In this humidity - you're a brave man. Walking to work this morning in a cotton/linen shirt and trousers nearly did me in. DC at the moment is living up to her sometime nickname "The Swamp". 

post #39659 of 43877
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleatedjeans View Post
 


In this humidity - you're a brave man. Walking to work this morning in a cotton/linen shirt and trousers nearly did me in. DC at the moment is living up to her sometime nickname "The Swamp". 

Same here. Shifted to running in the morning vice at lunch. Still takes an hour to cool down. End up carrying suit jacket on walk to Metro. Ugh.

 

Had no idea NMWA was in town. Formosa MTM event?

post #39660 of 43877
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

However, last evening, my husband and I had the privilege and pleasure of being interviewed and photographed by Nathaniel Adams and Rose Callahan, respectively, author and photographer of the book "I Am Dandy". Nathaniel and Rose are planning a second book, which might (the operative word in this sentence is "might") include my husband and myself - we shall see.

 

That is awesome news and I do hope you are featured in the book. I follow Rose on Instagram, so perhaps I'll see your photo show up there in due course, too.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)