or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2578

post #38656 of 43930
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyblitz View Post

suit fits lil snug in the chest

 

It looks like it fits snug everywhere, and more than a little. Not good.

post #38657 of 43930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

It looks like it fits snug everywhere, and more than a little. Not good.


Hmm,i work out so my arms will fit the way in most suits unless I buy a grampa suit and get it 3+ my size which then i would have to cut the whole thing so its fits my waist.
post #38658 of 43930
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyblitz View Post


Hmm,i work out so my arms will fit the way in most suits unless I buy a grampa suit and get it 3+ my size which then i would have to cut the whole thing so its fits my waist.

similar issues here :))) the shoulder area gets tailored for Justin Biebers.

You would not believe what problem I've had with Levi's 501 (considered a straight leg and comfortable fit). 

post #38659 of 43930
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyblitz View Post


Hmm,i work out so my arms will fit the way in most suits unless I buy a grampa suit and get it 3+ my size which then i would have to cut the whole thing so its fits my waist.

 

I'm not going to speculate on how this or that size will look on you, but as of right now, the fit is very bad. I'd suggest going MTM, bespoke, or at least finding a good alterations tailor.

post #38660 of 43930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaus View Post

similar issues here smile.gif)) the shoulder area gets tailored for Justin Biebers.
You would not believe what problem I've had with Levi's 501 (considered a straight leg and comfortable fit). 


Haha,some wouldn't understand.
post #38661 of 43930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

I'm not going to speculate on how this or that size will look on you, but as of right now, the fit is very bad. I'd suggest going MTM, bespoke, or at least finding a good alterations tailor.


Ty Sir, whatever you say.
post #38662 of 43930
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyblitz View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
processed by AtomJPEG 1.5.0n



First post, suit fits lil snug in the chest since ive gained 15lbs+
,also not the best lightning.

Shirt and tie Eton
Suit RL blue label

If you are going to buy off the rack, size up and have the waist tapered. The shoulders dont fit, the arms look bad, the chest looks bad, the collar looks bad. All of those things would look better in a larger size. Not perfect probably, but certainly better. You also have forward positioned shoulders, which would benefit from being cut for and would be much more comfortable if you go the MTM/ Bespoke route. I am a tough fit off the rack too, so I know your pain...

post #38663 of 43930
Today I wore a variation of the California tuxedo at a conference
Paul Stuart blazer
Brooks Brothers waistcoat
W.W. Chan shirt (Thomas Mason fabric)
Windsor silk knit tie
Drakes linen pocket square
Brooks Brother chinos
Allen Edmonds suede shoes



Note: Fixed distorted colors in originally posted pic ... this is a better representation of outfit colors.
Edited by AlexE - 6/10/16 at 9:37am
post #38664 of 43930
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyblitz View Post


Haha,some wouldn't understand.

The shop assistant did not get it at first and she has seen all sorts of customers. She was very nice; asked me how the jeans fit and I walked out of the change closet.

She looked at my leg trouser, frowned, readily crouched and pulled it:rotflmao:

The leg trousers of the Levi's 501 were stuck on my CALVES!! She managed to get it down, but it was a vacuum fit :crackup: 

post #38665 of 43930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Al View Post
 

Finally Fred can call it a day.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Man are you calling it!!! :slayer:

post #38666 of 43930
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavro23 View Post

If you are going to buy off the rack, size up and have the waist tapered. The shoulders dont fit, the arms look bad, the chest looks bad, the collar looks bad. All of those things would look better in a larger size. Not perfect probably, but certainly better. You also have forward positioned shoulders, which would benefit from being cut for and would be much more comfortable if you go the MTM/ Bespoke route. I am a tough fit off the rack too, so I know your pain...

Some would benefit from reading a bit,as i stated i gave more than 15lbs since i purchased the suit,which is a 44 i normally wear a 42 ,at the time it was purchasedand tailored it fitted much better.

Some brands in slim fit and i can go up and size and fit in the wait which at my normal weight still dosent help much,ty for the advice.
post #38667 of 43930

I wish the shirt was a little lighter and the shoes a little darker, but very nice in any case.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexE View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Today I wore a variation of the California tuxedo at a conference
Paul Stuart blazer
Brooks Brothers waistcoat
W.W. Chan shirt (Thomas Mason fabric)
Windsor silk knit tie
Drakes linen pocket square
Brooks Brother chinos
Allen Edmonds suede shoes

post #38668 of 43930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaus View Post

The shop assistant did not get it at first and she has seen all sorts of customers. She was very nice; asked me how the jeans fit and I walked out of the change closet.
She looked at my leg trouser, frowned, readily crouched and pulled it:rotflmao:
The leg trousers of the Levi's 501 were stuck on my CALVES!! She managed to get it down, but it was a vacuum fit crackup%5B1%5D.gif 

Haha, what the h........ never skip leg day.
post #38669 of 43930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post


Colors are unfortunately a bit off ... the handrail was white even though it seems to be blueish in the pic ... fixed that now.
Edited by AlexE - 6/10/16 at 9:38am
post #38670 of 43930
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyblitz View Post


Some would benefit from reading a bit,as i stated i gave more than 15lbs since i purchased the suit,which is a 44 i normally wear a 42 ,at the time it was purchasedand tailored it fitted much better.

Some brands in slim fit and i can go up and size and fit in the wait which at my normal weight still dosent help much,ty for the advice.


Then don't wear it. It's not difficult. The suit doesn't fit you well at all. Don't get defensive, just accept that it's not good, move on and do better next time.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)