Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 6:53 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread Last post on Today at 7:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- Eidos Napoli Last post on Yesterday at 7:54 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 249post #3721 of 91457/21/14 at 10:07pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3722 of 91457/21/14 at 10:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by PlinyQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
End-of-the-day wrinkly spreezy steezy
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Brown on brown + black on brown =
Jacket buttons look wrong to me.
Actually navy on brown. I considered the black this morning, but I felt like I'd worn that a lot lately. I agree about the buttons, but haven't figured out what I want to replace them. Also, the jacket is essentially a blazer in brown instead of navy. Odd duck, yes.post #3723 of 91457/21/14 at 11:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Actually navy on brown. I considered the black this morning, but I felt like I'd worn that a lot lately. I agree about the buttons, but haven't figured out what I want to replace them. Also, the jacket is essentially a blazer in brown instead of navy. Odd duck, yes.
navy on brown, my bad. I particularly like brown tonals. remember this? + navy/black knit toopost #3724 of 91457/22/14 at 12:10ampost #3725 of 91457/22/14 at 1:14ampost #3726 of 91457/22/14 at 1:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Doesn't this suggest that there is only a single combination that looks good, and anything other than that doesn't look good?
It also seems rather limiting. For example, I have a tattersall shirt that looks amazing with brown ties. Should I only ever wear it with brown ties?
As far as dressing for entertainment: you clearly have a lot of fun wearing what you wear. So I'd be highly skeptical if you claim entertainment isn't partially your motivation for dressing as you dress.
No, this is not what I meant. I never said that I dressed to always look my best. I often wear things I want to wear where other ones would have looked better, but they were too boring for me.Quote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
[ Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice fit, but the check on check clashes imo.Quote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those epaulet jackets are MTM, right? If so, have you ever thought of getting slightly wider lapels, a lower buttoning point and a longer jacket? I think it would look much more flattering on you. Either way, the colours look great, but a lighter shade of grey trousers might look more summery, if that's what you're going for.
Seersucker check? Would love to see a better pic of this.post #3727 of 91457/22/14 at 2:50amThread StarterQuote:
Ah, I think there is a misunderstanding somewhere. Somewhere down the line, you seemed to suggest that in order to look good, one had to dress with optimality as their primary concern (if X looks better in a given context, one should always wear X, otherwise one will not look good).post #3728 of 91457/22/14 at 4:24ampost #3729 of 91457/22/14 at 4:33ampost #3730 of 91457/22/14 at 4:37ampost #3731 of 91457/22/14 at 5:25ampost #3732 of 91457/22/14 at 5:30amQuote:
I like when you dial it back a tad. You do this level better than some of your louder stuff ATM. I've found it easier to step into bolder patterns and styles once I've pulled together a good consistent sedate-ish look. With those same items. For example you can try swapping the tie and see what that adds or subtracts. You may begin to get a better feel for when you are "pushing it" too far.
Tighten your tie up!post #3733 of 91457/22/14 at 5:36am
I like the tie ETB. I almost like the fit, but think Navy is too dark for that tie. Braddock and Sander consistently pull off ties like that by reducing the overall contrast and embracing the s/s nature of those ties. RAF suit would be much better for it IMO. I won't comment on the shirt, but contrast collars are not my thing.post #3734 of 91457/22/14 at 5:51ampost #3735 of 91457/22/14 at 6:31amQuote:Originally Posted by The_Foxx
Gray suit Tuesday....
A. Campagna suit, Cipa shirt, phineas cole tie, botticelli loafers, tom ford gray frame glasses Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wow, you do have a taste for some loud accessories... fwiw, I think the PC tie today and the shirt yesterday (or so) really knocked your outfits down a notch.Quote:Originally Posted by NickPollica
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Brown linen glenplaid suit made up in our new Ciro model - Eidos Napoli
White/Blue linen BD - Tie Your Tie
My father's decade's old linen tie - Cruciani e Bella
Pocket Square - Christian Kimber
Hooves - Belgian Shoes
This is very nice, love the suit cloth.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Everyday Sneaker For The Average Joe? 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in EG 15 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 26 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 30 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...