You need a cap
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 1:40 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread Last post on Today at 1:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- Eidos Napoli Last post on Today at 1:25 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 248
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3707 of 108167/21/14 at 6:01pmpost #3708 of 108167/21/14 at 6:38pmpost #3709 of 108167/21/14 at 6:48pmpost #3710 of 108167/21/14 at 6:54pmpost #3711 of 108167/21/14 at 7:07pmThread StarterQuote:
Doesn't this suggest that there is only a single combination that looks good, and anything other than that doesn't look good?
It also seems rather limiting. For example, I have a tattersall shirt that looks amazing with brown ties. Should I only ever wear it with brown ties?
As far as dressing for entertainment: you clearly have a lot of fun wearing what you wear. So I'd be highly skeptical if you claim entertainment isn't partially your motivation for dressing as you dress.post #3712 of 108167/21/14 at 7:18pm
It's quite a common policy, and it often includes any public social media usage as well. Discretion is key when you're suffering from a bad image, and I suppose it's also for my own protection, as anything I'd say or do (such as being in GQ) would probably be used against me.post #3713 of 108167/21/14 at 7:36pmpost #3714 of 108167/21/14 at 7:53pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those epaulet jackets are MTM, right? If so, have you ever thought of getting slightly wider lapels, a lower buttoning point and a longer jacket? I think it would look much more flattering on you. Either way, the colours look great, but a lighter shade of grey trousers might look more summery, if that's what you're going for.post #3715 of 108167/21/14 at 7:57pmpost #3716 of 108167/21/14 at 7:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those epaulet jackets are MTM, right? If so, have you ever thought of getting slightly wider lapels, a lower buttoning point and a longer jacket? I think it would look much more flattering on you. EIther way, the colours look great, but a lighter shade of grey trousers might look more summery, if that's what you're going for.
That's funny; you identified the same exact 3 things that I want to change/find for my next suit. The Epaulet stuff is not MTM, but they are limited to their stock models from either Southwick or Samuelsohn. This particular jacket was from some random factory in Italy that I guess was just too unreliable for them to use again, so this one is actually a little different from what people are getting today.
Anyway, looking at Eidos potentially, but my next suit is a ways off at this point. Will have to do MTM when the time comes, but yes, wider lapels, lower buttoning point, and slightly longer length overall are a must.post #3717 of 108167/21/14 at 7:58pmpost #3718 of 108167/21/14 at 9:05pmpost #3719 of 108167/21/14 at 9:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Love jackets in this kind of check. Have to be worn with a lot of sprezz tho, to avoid looking 'old bloke'. Nice look overall SVB IMO (square is well suboptimal tho).
\Quote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
End-of-the-day wrinkly spreezy steezy
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Brown on brown + black on brown =
Jacket buttons look wrong to me.post #3720 of 108167/21/14 at 9:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
It's quite a common policy, and it often includes any public social media usage as well. Discretion is key when you're suffering from a bad image, and I suppose it's also for my own protection, as anything I'd say or do (such as being in GQ) would probably be used against me.
i figured that was the case. i was just hoping you were going to say that you are the CEO of llyods of london or something.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 1 minute ago
- › "(*HD link*) Calgary Flames vs Anaheim Ducks live Online NHL Video... 5 minutes ago
- › "(*HD link*) New Jersey Devils vs Vancouver Canucks live Online NHL... 5 minutes ago
- › !!!NBC!!! Ohio Bobcats vs Miami (OH) RedHawks Live College Football 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › "(*HD link*) Colorado Avalanche vs Arizona Coyotes live Online NHL... 7 minutes ago
- › "(*HD link*) Edmonton Oilers vs Dallas Stars live Online NHL Video... 7 minutes ago
- › "(*HD link*) Los Angeles Kings vs Nashville Predators live Online... 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...