or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2368

post #35506 of 44031
Thread Starter 
Suit Supply does a lot of silly stuff.

Also X looks good on a professionally photographed model, therefore X works, is not a good argument.

Not saying it looks good there, mind you. But note they paired it with a very casual suit.
post #35507 of 44031

The example wasn't the basis of an argument, I posed a question as newbie, thanks for your opinion. I'll keep learning.

post #35508 of 44031
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

You chose to pair a loud gunclub patterned waistcoat with the most conservative odd jacket / trouser combination you could possible come up with. It clashes and doesn't work. I don't think that waistcoat would really ever go with anything for that fact. 

FWIW, there was a jacket in same cloth, Havana model, last year. I bought it, and it's a nice, clasic summer jacket. Cloth has a bit of a "kitchen cloth feel" :-) but still OK.

I could guess they made those vests out of left over fabric from last year.

I would probably never wear it as a vest, but it might work in some very casual combination, like going to a party with like minded artistic free spirits etc :-)
post #35509 of 44031
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindi ako View Post

 

Suit supply models like that waistcoat ;) Do you not think it works here as an example?

 

No...I don't think it looks good there. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs77 View Post


FWIW, there was a jacket in same cloth, Havana model, last year. I bought it, and it's a nice, clasic summer jacket. Cloth has a bit of a "kitchen cloth feel" :-) but still OK.

I could guess they made those vests out of left over fabric from last year.

I would probably never wear it as a vest, but it might work in some very casual combination, like going to a party with like minded artistic free spirits etc :-)

 

A jacket in that cloth would work fine if paired with a solid navy tie. But the waistcoat version of it is useless with most combinations. 

post #35510 of 44031

post #35511 of 44031

Very nice, held.

post #35512 of 44031
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindi ako View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Suit supply models like that waistcoat ;) Do you not think it works here as an example?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindi ako View Post
 

The example wasn't the basis of an argument, I posed a question as newbie, thanks for your opinion. I'll keep learning.

 

Sorry, I misread your intention (or more specifically, your use of an emoticon).

 

No, I don't think it works there, though as I remarked, they did use it in a more casual context than the blue blazer that sparked this discussion. One problem, though not with the nature of the combination, is that the suit appears to be very fall/winter. I suspect it's cotton or linen and from the S/S line up, but that color screams F/W while the vest is very S/S. As far as the use of that particular vest: it is just so busy. To have it bordered by something solid causes the whole outfit to feel very fragmented. And if you were to pair it with something busier, well, then your outfit as a whole would be far too busy. So that's why I don't this such a vest is a good idea.

post #35513 of 44031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

 

 

Sorry, I misread your intention (or more specifically, your use of an emoticon).

 

No, I don't think it works there, though as I remarked, they did use it in a more casual context than the blue blazer that sparked this discussion. One problem, though not with the nature of the combination, is that the suit appears to be very fall/winter. I suspect it's cotton or linen and from the S/S line up, but that color screams F/W while the vest is very S/S. As far as the use of that particular vest: it is just so busy. To have it bordered by something solid causes the whole outfit to feel very fragmented. And if you were to pair it with something busier, well, then your outfit as a whole would be far too busy. So that's why I don't this such a vest is a good idea.

No problem. Thanks for the elaboration, much appreciated and taken on board.

post #35514 of 44031
Hey Clags, congratulations to your feature on Manolo.se. thumbs-up.gif
post #35515 of 44031
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

Hey Clags, congratulations to your feature on Manolo.se. thumbs-up.gif


Thanks for tagging me on Facebook! It is very, very cool.

 

:)

post #35516 of 44031

Link?  Couldn't find it during a quick browse of their site.

post #35517 of 44031
Thread Starter 
post #35518 of 44031
Yay Spring.

post #35519 of 44031


Ring
Canclini
Talbott
Godard
post #35520 of 44031
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

haven't been that active lately...but surely I'm not the first to notice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Walter View Post
 

 


I don't get the reference - does anybody else?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)