or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2366

post #35476 of 43873

@EFV great roll, is this shirt also from your line?

post #35477 of 43873
Thank you blekit, it's from a really nice Swedish mtm brand called Shirtonomy.
post #35478 of 43873
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

WIWT

Thank you @Jussi Hakkinen for this awesome tie!

[]

Quote:
Originally Posted by blekit View Post

@EFV
 great roll, is this shirt also from your line?

. Awesome collar. Deets on the tie.
post #35479 of 43873
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCSYC View Post

Grey suit, crisp white shirt and navy grenadine are a safe choice.
I'm not in a casual friday mood at work yet. Details (Click to show)










SuitSupply
Charles Tyrwhitt
Drake's
Meermin

Scrolling down the page, there was a moment when this was all that was visible:



I realize now it's a hand, but the mental scars remain.
post #35480 of 43873
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

I'm surprised the Quaker knows what that is.

Depends on the Quaker. I was raised Hicksite. So about as socially liberal as possible. When my sister was given "the talk," it was "when a man and a woman, or a man and a man, or a woman and a woman, love each other very much." When I was 10 or 11 I read a book on AIDS and told my dad that I had decided to wait until marriage to have sex. He told me that was stupid and my mom chimed in in agreement, suggesting my opinion would change quite rapidly when I got a girlfriend.
post #35481 of 43873
Random recent stuff


post #35482 of 43873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


Depends on the Quaker. I was raised Hicksite. So about as socially liberal as possible. When my sister was given "the talk," it was "when a man and a woman, or a man and a man, or a woman and a woman, love each other very much." When I was 10 or 11 I read a book on AIDS and told my dad that I had decided to wait until marriage to have sex. He told me that was stupid and my mom chimed in in agreement, suggesting my opinion would change quite rapidly when I got a girlfriend.


So basically they were regular parents. Not that I'm knocking it. Growing up in a very religious family can often hitch people with pretty heavy baggage, so good on them for not.

post #35483 of 43873

Managed to get away with a sport coat today. No significant meetings. Unlined linen blend for a warm, humid day. Pants are Oxxford in medium charcoal.

 

Sport Coat; Zegna

Shirt: Zegna

Tie: Petronius

 

My wife was busy at first so I asked Cinders to help with photo. She could not be bothered to move from sunbeam.

 

 

Sunlight shot was a bit bright.


Edited by smittycl - 4/1/16 at 2:49pm
post #35484 of 43873
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post


. Awesome collar. Deets on the tie.

Cheers! It's from a Finnish brand called Herrainpukimo. I believe this tie is cashmere, handmade somewhere in Italy. I think @Jussi Hakkinen or @Tuukka can probably tell you more about it smile.gif
post #35485 of 43873
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzAzul View Post


Scrolling down the page, there was a moment when this was all that was visible:



I realize now it's a hand, but the mental scars remain.

 

You perv!

post #35486 of 43873

Don't look too close.  

 

 

 

 

 

Extreme close up. (Click to show)
post #35487 of 43873
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCSYC View Post

Grey suit, crisp white shirt and navy grenadine are a safe choice.
I'm not in a casual friday mood at work yet.

Casual Friday has taken hold in Paris?
post #35488 of 43873

...

post #35489 of 43873
Thanks for the thumbs on Wednesday, folks. In retrospect, todays fit wasn't the best choice. I should have gone with a more medium or dark gray trouser and I would have preferred a green or maroon tie instead. Live and learn! Angle makes sleeves look long, apologies.


post #35490 of 43873
Spring is here finally, great time for a walk around town smile.gif

bae04428c1ae411a3e1a259d6c6c11ed.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
* jacket and waistcoat from Suitsupply
* tie and pocketsquare by Poszetka Handcrafted
* OCBD shirt by Miler Menswear
* Yanko balmoral oxfords

82222c5e449685eeb4a88a53a1f96803.jpg

71b822f08687f2a79fbdd2c04f68f029.jpg

3ddaf8461fc851a546686c32564a4c09.jpg

And feedback is highly appreciated.

I really don't see how my last response could annoy or offend anyone. I am happy to learn what you guys think about my outfits, even (or perhaps especially) when you're critical, but occasionally I'm going to have different opinions. I think that, as long as it is constructive and polite, there is always room for discussion - especially when it comes to area that is largely matter of personal tastes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)