Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 8:11 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread Last post on Today at 8:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- Eidos Napoli Last post on 9/18/14 at 2:53am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 234post #3496 of 74367/18/14 at 9:09am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3497 of 74367/18/14 at 9:26amI pretty much echo what EFV said.
I agree with ed that from what we can see his fit is spot on, but I think the reason that most replies were pretty luke warm towards them is threefold.
1. He had villainized himself. After his snarky comments (even though much of his actual critiques were correct, that got lost in the sarcasm/snark), he would need to be shaper than Vox to get any love from most. Which I think is fair.
2. He espoused simplicity leading to true elegance. I mean, his fits were certainly nice and looked very well fitting, but nothing staggering. I mean, I have seen simple understated fits that were stunning in their elegance, but his were not. They were, simply put, very nice conservative looks, not breathtakingly elegant.
3. The pics were pretty weak until SB fixed them.
For those reasons, I think he got a pretty luke warm response. Had he simply appeared and posted the pics he did, but larger and nicer, I bet he would have got more love.
More importantly, Murl and I just crushed it and that is what is really important this morning.post #3498 of 74367/18/14 at 9:32amThread Starterpost #3499 of 74367/18/14 at 9:32ampost #3500 of 74367/18/14 at 9:37ampost #3501 of 74367/18/14 at 9:50ampost #3502 of 74367/18/14 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by jungleroller
Thats what I did!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
A new member of the cool kids club?
Pics or we don't believe youQuote:Originally Posted by The Noodles
Naw, it was more like this... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The first gif seems more plausible. The anticipation was just too great
@Murlsquirl is missing a yarmulkepost #3503 of 74367/18/14 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by heldentenor
Last fit for awhile from me today; headed to the South, where jackets in July just ain't gonna happen. No PS because the jacket is hard enough to pair as it is, though I love its fit and texture (wool/silk). Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These are the new pants right? I bet this fit looks much better IRL than what we can see here. You should try and take a picture outside, as natural light does wonders for pic quality. In these pictures the pants look almost black, even though I'm pretty sure they're more like chocolate (am I right?).post #3504 of 74367/18/14 at 9:59amQuote:Quote:
thanks, guys!post #3505 of 74367/18/14 at 10:07amQuote:Originally Posted by EFV
These are the new pants right? I bet this fit looks much better IRL than what we can see here. You should try and take a picture outside, as natural light does wonders for pic quality. In these pictures the pants look almost black, even though I'm pretty sure they're more like chocolate (am I right?).
The new pants are being tailored; these are newish cotton chinos from BB that are almost the "anti" D'Avenzas (slim, low rise, flat front, no room in the thighs). You nailed the color, though, these are chocolate brown.
I definitely agree on the outdoor lighting being superior (despite the evidence from my fit pics, I used to be an avid amateur photographer), and have looked for a good location. The problem is that I don't have a back yard at home, and on campus, any place I can prop my iPhone ends up being backlit i.e. too bright behind me, and I'm entirely in shadow. I'll continue to scout for a winning location.post #3506 of 74367/18/14 at 10:08am
I've been wanting something in Fresco since April. Lucked out big time. Last one available was 54L and the measurements were spot on. End of season sale was the gravy on top. My tailor is backed up so I won't have it until near end of July....Hopefully Chicago won't have snow by then...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #3507 of 74367/18/14 at 10:14ampost #3508 of 74367/18/14 at 10:17ampost #3509 of 74367/18/14 at 10:45am
i was secretly hoping you would, but then i realized where the hell would you get one from?Quote:
kudos on the video!post #3510 of 74367/18/14 at 10:51am
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › What are these Alden's? 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America -... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...