or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2288

post #34306 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post
 

Looking good my friends

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Deetz (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Assistance requested!  I received the comment today from a non-StyFo associate that the jacket/trou combo was too busy.  Thoughts?

 

 

 

Pants and jacket are fine.  I think the square is a bit out of place.  Everything is warm and muted browns and blues except the square which looks too vibrant.  

post #34307 of 44069
Thanks bros. You guys rock.
post #34308 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

Pants and jacket are fine.  I think the square is a bit out of place.  Everything is warm and muted browns and blues except the square which looks too vibrant.  
Thanks. I had a heck of a time finding a square. I settled for this one.
post #34309 of 44069
Too busy. Sounds like the type of person who thinks Tabasco sauce is "sooooo spicy!" LOL
post #34310 of 44069

I'm not a huge fan of it...fwiw...

 

I just think it would look much better with a mid-gray trouser. 

post #34311 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

Too busy. Sounds like the type of person who thinks Tabasco sauce is "sooooo spicy!" LOL

Sometimes the best square is no square at all. That said, you could have done far worse...nice look.
post #34312 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

I'm not a huge fan of it...fwiw...

 

I just think it would look much better with a mid-gray trouser. 


Yes, I agree. But you wouldn't say it's "too busy", right?

post #34313 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Sometimes the best square is no square at all. That said, you could have done far worse...nice look.

Although the square is mainly the focus for us (although I don't think it's particularly egregious), my assumption is that his colleague was more taken by the patterned SC and textured pants as being "too different" and in totality the look, to him, appeared "busy". SF v. the masses once again.
post #34314 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

Although the square is mainly the focus for us (although I don't think it's particularly egregious), my assumption is that his colleague was more taken by the patterned SC and textured pants as being "too different" and in totality the look, to him, appeared "busy". SF v. the masses once again.

You are correct, the comment was regarding jacket and trousers only
post #34315 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

Although the square is mainly the focus for us (although I don't think it's particularly egregious), my assumption is that his colleague was more taken by the patterned SC and textured pants as being "too different" and in totality the look, to him, appeared "busy". SF v. the masses once again.

I meant to quote his comment about the square.
post #34316 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 


Yes, I agree. But you wouldn't say it's "too busy", right?

 

I can understand why someone would say too busy...which I don't think is an accurate description...but for lack of better words I can see why they would say it.

 

It's just an overload on the brown. The jacket has a lot of brown and the trousers are brown...its over-saturated...it needs more contrast. 

 

Mid gray would make it much better. 

post #34317 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

 

I can understand why someone would say too busy...which I don't think is an accurate description.

 

Fair enough. I was keying on the literal meaning.

post #34318 of 44069

Suit: RLBL

Tie: Zegna

Shirt: Ledbury

 

Too many formal meetings today for a PS. Tie knot looks a little goofy maybe?

post #34319 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

I can understand why someone would say too busy...which I don't think is an accurate description...but for lack of better words I can see why they would say it.

It's just an overload on the brown. The jacket has a lot of brown and the trousers are brown...its over-saturated...it needs more contrast. 

Mid gray would make it much better. 

I agree but I wear mid gray way too much. These pants don't seem as versatile as I hoped. Ive had a hard time pairing them.

Also I'd like to thank everyone for their thoughts. I've been looking for feedback lately and really appreciate it.
post #34320 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post


I agree but I wear mid gray way too much. These pants don't seem as versatile as I hoped. Ive had a hard time pairing them.

Also I'd like to thank everyone for their thoughts. I've been looking for feedback lately and really appreciate it.

 

They are versatile...just you aren't wearing them with the right things.

 

Try them with Navy/Blue Jackets and Tweeds with limited or very contrasting browns (or both)

 

...and there is no such thing as too much mid-gray when you wear a lot of odd jackets. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)