or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2287

post #34291 of 44031

Fellas, could I get a brief discussion on button-down collars with ties? Yay or nay? Situational?

post #34292 of 44031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahljs View Post

Fellas, could I get a brief discussion on button-down collars with ties? Yay or nay? Situational?

I only like them with knit ties.
post #34293 of 44031
Yay, in context.
post #34294 of 44031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahljs View Post
 

Fellas, could I get a brief discussion on button-down collars with ties? Yay or nay? Situational?


I'm going to resist going down the rabbit hole on this, but I will briefly say that ties and BD collars are perfectly acceptable. Some measure of "roll" is generally assumed to make it more aesthetically pleasing, but other than that all you will get is a load of personal opinion. Some like them, some don't.

post #34295 of 44031
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post


I only like them with knit ties.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Yay, in context.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 


I'm going to resist going down the rabbit hole on this, but I will briefly say that ties and BD collars are perfectly acceptable. Some measure of "roll" is generally assumed to make it more aesthetically pleasing, but other than that all you will get is a load of personal opinion. Some like them, some don't.

Appreciate it fellas. I like knits with them for sure. Thanks for the gentle feedback! 

post #34296 of 44031

I agree with @Caustic Man that a decent roll is required. I prefer them on sport shirts only and none of my dress shirts are BDs. Just one more thing to do in the morning so I avoid them.

post #34297 of 44031

X-post from the challenge:

Not sure if I should be posting this fit on this thread, but it won't be the first thread posting mistake I've made today! :embar: Sorry again @Murlsquirl

post #34298 of 44031

 

 

X-post from the Challenge.

 

SC: Lander Urquijo

Rollneck: John Smedley

Pants: Oscar Jacobson

Scarf: Preppy (local Geneva brand)

Paperboy Cap: Jonathan Richard

Not seen: Red Wings boots

post #34299 of 44031
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoProf View Post

X-post from the challenge:
Not sure if I should be posting this fit on this thread, but it won't be the first thread posting mistake I've made today! shog%5B1%5D.gif Sorry again @Murlsquirl

No need to apologize. I was just trying to get you to the right place. Glad to see you entered. Cheers.
post #34300 of 44031

Today another untipped shantung tie + pocket square 'wild forest'

post #34301 of 44031

Tuesday.  Navy pants and gray jacket.  Reverse security guard.  

 

 

 

 

Look at all the texture on my SPORT COAT. :nodding:  Clearly not an orphaned suit jacket.  :facepalm: 

 

post #34302 of 44031

Looking good my friends

 

Deetz (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Assistance requested!  I received the comment today from a non-StyFo associate that the jacket/trou combo was too busy.  Thoughts?

 

 

post #34303 of 44031

Not too busy for me!

post #34304 of 44031

Quote:

 

Originally Posted by Poszetka View Post
 

Today another untipped shantung tie + pocket square 'wild forest'

 

That PS is a no-go for me. It is incongruent with what is otherwise a nice fit. White linen would have been the perfect choice.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post
 

I received the comment today from a non-StyFo associate that the jacket/trou combo was too busy.  Thoughts?

 

My thought is that you should never listen to this person again.

post #34305 of 44031
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post

 

 

Deetz (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Assistance requested!  I received the comment today from a non-StyFo associate that the jacket/trou combo was too busy.  Thoughts?

 

 

 

 

 

 

No way!!
It's casual and yes, there are patterns in both top and bottom - but they don't clash in any way! I think it's pretty well-balanced with the brown palette - and perfectly toned down with the solid tie and light shirt.

 - Keep doing your thing! :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)