or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2099

post #31471 of 44069

Love it.  It not only fits you, but it fits you.  

post #31472 of 44069

"Outfit of the Day - a tribute to David Bowie
A muscial freak, a style icon."

 

Typo aside: What moron wrote that tagline?  Show yourself, simpleton.  

post #31473 of 44069
@Koala-T Possibly your best yet. I love the color combinations, and most of your recent fits (this one especially) do a great job and flattering your build.

I hope my fits improve as much in the next year as yours have this past year.
post #31474 of 44069

Thanks, you guys! I appreciate the encouragement.

post #31475 of 44069

@Koala-T... Awesome 

 

Today for me. I apologize for the terribly lit pictures but I am looking for some guidance on four pattern combos. All constructive criticism is appreciated. 

 

 

Coat is a light brown tweed with navy and violet check. Shirt is a pink small scale glen plaid. Tie is brown wool challis. Pocket square is navy silk. Not shown are mid gray flannels and dark brown scotch grain Norwegians.  


Edited by dazedstate - 1/17/16 at 9:02pm
post #31476 of 44069

Love that jacket, @dazedstate . For what it's worth, I think you've done a pretty good job combining those patterns. You varied the scale pretty well, and I like the colors. Course, I'm not going to claim that as my specialty. I'm not totally sure about the square.

post #31477 of 44069

Linen For Summer:

 

post #31478 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post

@Koala-T Possibly your best yet. I love the color combinations, and most of your recent fits (this one especially) do a great job and flattering your build.

I hope my fits improve as much in the next year as yours have this past year.

 

What he said! @Koala-TI think that's great. Definitely my favourite fit of yours. The photographs are great as well.

post #31479 of 44069
@dazedstate well done. I personally can't pull off pink shirts but you obviously do it well. Love the jacket.

The PS reflects an outgoing personality. Are you more like the PS or conservative like the tie?

Balancing the two can be tricky and fun.
post #31480 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post



This is just so well coordinated my friend. Well done. nod[1].gif
post #31481 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post
 

"Outfit of the Day - a tribute to David Bowie
A muscial freak, a style icon."

 

Typo aside: What moron wrote that tagline?  Show yourself, simpleton.  


Forgive my ignorance, but in what way is that tagline moronic?

 

Bowie was indeed blessed with a freakish abundance of musical talent, being both a superb singer and an extraordinarily inventive and original songwriter.

 

He also created an impressive body of stylistic iconography, in clothing, make-up, hairstyles, and moving images, many of which were slavishly imitated by lesser artists and fans.

 

Does the wording strike you as being clichéd? But is it not also both accurate and concise?

 

Disclosure: I didn't write it.

post #31482 of 44069
There's a difference between a freakish abundance and freakish music. The tagline isn't clear about it at all and leaves it far too open to interpretation.
post #31483 of 44069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post


Forgive my ignorance, but in what way is that tagline moronic?

Bowie was indeed blessed with a freakish abundance of musical talent, being both a superb singer and an extraordinarily inventive and original songwriter.

He also created an impressive body of stylistic iconography, in clothing, make-up, hairstyles, and moving images, many of which were slavishly imitated by lesser artists and fans.

Does the wording strike you as being clichéd? But is it not also both accurate and concise?

Disclosure: I didn't write it.

Indeed, that's how I interpreted it too. I had more trouble spotting the typo...
post #31484 of 44069

Coo coo it's cold outside. 
Ooo coo coo.
Don't forget your mittens.
Hey Pal! 
How do I get to town from here? 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #31485 of 44069

Great fit @Koala-T :fonz: I agree with @CaptainTohm and I think this could be your best one yet. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)