or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2096

post #31426 of 44073

Here's the requested shot of me in my British Warm, from the defunct Alexander's department store (where, it turns out, one of my coworkers used to work). Union-made between '68 and '76, if I recall how to read the tags. Sadly, the sleeves are just a hair short. Worn with Polo green cords and BB suede chukkas.

 

(Yes, there are six buttons, hidden behind my terrible phone).

 

Underneath: this vintage jacket, old repp tie, and J. Press hank.

 

post #31427 of 44073
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Deets on the boots? Look like Chelsea's?

I had recently determined that Chelsea's look best with a turtleneck. This superb fit proves it, to me at least.
post #31428 of 44073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post

On the off chance that you might be wondering what those who went to the Met were wearing (sadly, no one was wearing any Pikachus) here's a link.
http://lastnightatthemet.com

That's fantastic! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #31429 of 44073
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiplomaticTies View Post

Hope you dont mind me asking EFV, but from the pictures I've seen of your wife she consistently has very nice fits. She manages to do something that is not easy to do in working with what is essentially menswear or menswear inspired looks (mostly British styling), but never looking like she just borrowed your clothes. Her fits always have a feminine cut that is very nice. Does she have her clothes made, does she buy womenswear or does she buy menswear and have them altered?

The reason I ask is that my wife discovered many years ago that womenswear is a scam where she would consistently pay more for poorer quality. But she still finds it tricky to find better quality womenswear. It has been an eyeopener to see that even on some occassions we have bought jackets from the same brand and hers would be of poorer quality than mine.

Of course I have a self interest in asking, because I occasionally "lose" clothes to my wife. It starts innocently with comments such as "that shirt is very nice, it would even look really nice on me with a few alterations" and then ends with my clothes moving into her closet. So if you have advice its welcome!

All of the above. The easiest thing is of course always to buy rtw stuff, but as you've noted, the quality/cuts are often lacking. So on the odd occasion when she finds something decent looking in the women's section she gets it. The tweed jacket she wore on Pitti is actually from a vintage shop, and was originally a boy's jacket. We have a brilliant tailor who completely re-cuts the garments brought to him and makes them fit pretty well (if you're located in Sthlm I can send you the address). The shirts are the hardest to get right, so she's currently trying out some mtm options.

Of course, since I have the option of making stuff to my design at the tailors my brand is working with, we can have some custom stuff made for her there as well. She's had a few ties made bespoke, to get the correct length and width. Shibumi is a good option for that IMHO.
Edited by EFV - 1/17/16 at 1:41am
post #31430 of 44073
Nice job @EFV. Thanks for sharing.
post #31431 of 44073
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post



  mo' pics (Click to show)
 

 

Although I live in Greater Toronto, I should still be a registered voter in Ohio as I never told them I was leaving. I applied tonight for my absentee ballot and this picture among others has me hoping that you'll run for something. I don't care what office, I just find myself compelled to vote for you for something. In a good way, of course :)

post #31432 of 44073


Danced all night at smokey blues bar
post #31433 of 44073






Maiden voyage.
post #31434 of 44073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post


On the off chance that you might be wondering what those who went to the Met were wearing (sadly, no one was wearing any Pikachus) here's a link.


On a related subject, if you'd like to add a Gudetama lanyard to what you wear, please send me a private message and I will send you the one I got at Comikaze.

http://lastnightatthemet.com


At least one cape! Here in Geneva looks at the opera and the concert hall is of the more conservative kind. Might have something to do with the fact that most of the audience is ancient. Every time I visit I'm among the youngest, which is actually a bit sad.
post #31435 of 44073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawz View Post

Oh? Ha-ha! Like the phantom?

I attended a screening of a Met opera, so I guess I'd be the 'Phantom of the Cinema' ...Not quite as euphonic.

...You know, I'm still looking for a good 'funeral' cape, preferably of the CM Almy variety.

Digressing: most of the men in [the cinema's] audience wore jeans, sweaters, windbreakers, and sneakers.
I, on one hand, felt like I was the only one who dressed like he cared. Then, I remembered the Pikachu pin
and felt less self-conscious. XD

...Pikachu means a great deal to me. Additionally, I like the incongruity [the pin] gives to my [dress/nicer] outfits.

Details like the Pikachu pin can have that effect. Very nice way to add accents to your clothes. I have used things I've got from my kids (pins, beads, bracelets etc) to similar effect.
post #31436 of 44073
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

All of the above. The easiest thing is of course always to buy rtw stuff, but as you've noted, the quality/cuts are often lacking. So on the odd occasion when she finds something decent looking in the women's section she gets it. The tweed jacket she wore on Pitti is actually from a vintage shop, and was originally a boy's jacket. We have a brilliant tailor who completely re-cuts the garments brought to him and makes them fit pretty well (if you're located in Sthlm I can send you the address). The shirts are the hardest to get right, so she's currently trying out some mtm options.

Of course, since I have the option of making stuff to my design at the tailors my brand is working with, we can have some custom stuff made for her there as well. She's had a few ties made bespoke, to get the correct length and width. Shibumi is a good option for that IMHO.

Thanks for the info. I currently live in Geneva but Stockholm is my home town so I would appreciate the address to the tailor!
post #31437 of 44073
Some Pitti moments bigstar[1].gif




Old men rule Fortezza da Basso in Florence, where Pitti Uomo takes place. Above the first photo ever taken of Lino and Butler shoulder by shoulder.




PHOTO : : The Journal of Style From; http://www.the-journal-of-style.com/wp-




Talking with the master about late client Bowie!
Edited by Butler - 1/17/16 at 4:37am
post #31438 of 44073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post


On the off chance that you might be wondering what those who went to the Met were wearing (sadly, no one was wearing any Pikachus) here's a link.


On a related subject, if you'd like to add a Gudetama lanyard to what you wear, please send me a private message and I will send you the one I got at Comikaze.

http://lastnightatthemet.com

Is it sad that I cannot tell whether the person in the first photo is a man or a woman? XD

*Googles "Gudetama"* ...omg 00;

Twenty years ago, I would have appreciated that more! Albeit, I still have a penchant for cute things (don't worry: said things include women ...not that women are things, mind), and ain't afraid to say so. ^_^ Nonetheless, I'll pass on this one (too much cute is dangerous!).
post #31439 of 44073
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiplomaticTies View Post

Details like the Pikachu pin can have that effect. Very nice way to add accents to your clothes. I have used things I've got from my kids (pins, beads, bracelets etc) to similar effect.

Aw. smile.gif

TMI Warning: I've dealt with chronic depression for more than half my life; I still deal with it. In my later teen years, I caught the Pokemon craze, specifically for the card game. The want to swap cards and the need for money to buy more, motivated me to go out and be social, to work and productive. Pokemon is, also, the last thing I recall being truly excited about, so my nostalgia for it is strong.
There's more to it than that, but there's the gist. ^^
post #31440 of 44073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawz View Post

Aw. smile.gif

TMI Warning: I've dealt with chronic depression for more than half my life; I still deal with it. In my later teen years, I caught the Pokemon craze, specifically for the card game. The want to swap cards and the need for money to buy more, motivated me to go out and be social, to work and productive. Pokemon is, also, the last thing I recall being truly excited about, so my nostalgia for it is strong.
There's more to it than that, but there's the gist. ^^

So I guess the catchphrase "gotta catch 'em all" has a deeper (and positive) meaning for you. Thanks for sharing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)