or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2031

post #30451 of 43874
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Braddock, the waistcoat is a wee bit snug, no?


At the moment, yes. Christmas time. :confused:

post #30452 of 43874
Ah, yes. Carry on then.
post #30453 of 43874

Happy Friday, everyone.

 

 

 

post #30454 of 43874
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
 

Happy Friday, everyone.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

I don't see many sportcoats with flap pockets here.  Is this actually considered a rule?  Or is it more of an SF thing?  I only wear sportcoats with patch pockets.  I got that from here.  Am I following a rule?  Or have I merely been brainwashed?

post #30455 of 43874
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:

 

I don't see many sportcoats with flap pockets here.  Is this actually considered a rule?  Or is it more of an SF thing?  I only wear sportcoats with patch pockets.  I got that from here.  Am I following a rule?  Or have I merely been brainwashed?

 

There are different sorts of odd jackets, the designs of which reflect their historical function and origins.

 

Actual ‘sport coats’ (coats intended to worn for active outdoor sporting activities) often had flaps to keep things from falling out.  You'll have difficulty finding a riding jacket without them, for example.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #30456 of 43874
Thread Starter 
post #30457 of 43874
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezinho View Post


Any chance to have details on what you are wearing?

 

Yes.

 

The suit is Fox Brothers West of England flannel..I can't remember the exact weight of the cloth but you should be able to find it. It's a 6x2 fully-lined DB with barchetta chest pocket and besom pockets. Trousers are high rise double pleated with fishtail back for wear with braces. 2inch cuff. 

 

Tie is a Cappelli unlined 3-fold wool herringbone cut to my specifications.

 

PS is Drakes wool/silk blend.

 

Shoes are Koji Suzuki bespoke (they are a tad darker more like chocolate in reality...indoor lighting has made them brighter in the pics). 

 

Shirt is a shirt.

 

Unseen - Albert Thurston braces 

post #30458 of 43874
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post

 
Happy Friday, everyone.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:





I don't see many sportcoats with flap pockets here.  Is this actually considered a rule?  Or is it more of an SF thing?  I only wear sportcoats with patch pockets.  I got that from here.  Am I following a rule?  Or have I merely been brainwashed?

In addition to what Ac mentions above, patch pockets use more fabric than besom/flapped pockets, so most mainstream RTW jackets won't feature them. They increase materials costs for a detail that the overwhelming majority of buyers don't care about or may actually dislike.

EDIT: And on patterned jackets, they add the complexity of pattern matching, too.
post #30459 of 43874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:

 

I don't see many sportcoats with flap pockets here.  Is this actually considered a rule?  Or is it more of an SF thing?  I only wear sportcoats with patch pockets.  I got that from here.  Am I following a rule?  Or have I merely been brainwashed?

 

There are different sorts of odd jackets, the designs of which reflect their historical function and origins.

 

Actual ‘sport coats’ (coats intended to worn for active outdoor sporting activities) often had flaps to keep things from falling out.  You'll have difficulty finding a riding jacket without them, for example.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

In addition to what Ac mentions above, patch pockets use more fabric than besom/flapped pockets, so most mainstream RTW jackets won't feature them. They increase materials costs for a detail that the overwhelming majority of buyers don't care about or may actually dislike.

EDIT: And on patterned jackets, they add the complexity of pattern matching, too.

 

And, of course, it’s possible to have patch pockets with flaps.  It’s a very country sporting look, and might include a button for the flap, and the pockets might be bellowed, pleated, or both.

 

Here’s a shooting jacket, for example.

 

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #30460 of 43874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

 

 

 

And, of course, it’s possible to have patch pockets with flaps.  It’s a very country sporting look, and might include a button for the flap, and the pockets might be bellowed, pleated, or both.

 

Here’s a shooting jacket, for example.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

That is a look I'm fond of, but only on others.

post #30461 of 43874
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post
 

That is a look I'm fond of, but only on others.

 

Good.  It's important to be able to appreciate things one would not oneself wear.  :)

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #30462 of 43874

don't quote the spam

post #30463 of 43874
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

don't quote the spam

I hate canned meats.
post #30464 of 43874
@pck1 you dropped the mic and walked away on that DB fit. And those shoes look like butter on your feet. Well done!!!
post #30465 of 43874
Who the fuck wears an undershirt with a polo shirt in the first place?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)