or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2028

post #30406 of 43841
Half windsor. I wasn't actually wearing a tie that day. I just put it on for the picture. I'm a bad person.
post #30407 of 43841
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post
 

It's obvious that the letters PC in @PCK1's nickname do not stand for Politically Correct...

Paucity of Consideration, Killer--1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Another early day (8:00 AM conference call with Chennai), and rain in NYC - not an inspiring day for dressing up.

Sports jacket - Chester Barrie, via Austin Reed, London
Shirt - Lewin
Tie, cufflinks & trousers - BB
PS - Ashear
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Raincoat - Burberry
Hat - Weatherproof
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








 

Straight up dashing, Crusty.

post #30408 of 43841

There has recently been some discussion in this thread about what some words mean.  I used to work for the Santa Fe Railway.  I know what a trainwreck looks like.  I have never seen a picture of a trainwreck posted in this thread.

This is what a trainwreck looks like......


(Full Disclosure: I wasn't working on the day this happened because I was only one year old when this happened.)

post #30409 of 43841
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedishin View Post
 

New posters should look to @Koala-T for an example of how to take criticism and improve. IIRC, some people were a little blunt/kind of dicks to him and he took it all in stride, gleaned the advice, and applied it. The result was rapid improvement, and as people saw him applying the advice that was being given, their tone softened.

I appreciate the recognition, but there was at least one poster (whose name I will not mention as I do not want to summon him) who I felt the need to shout down as he was a relentless ass, not just to me, but to everyone he ever addressed. I do credit this board with helping me improve my style expression and understanding a great deal, but as DT says, if you listen to everything everyone says, you'll end up looking like an SF cookie cutter. The key is taking the suggestions that feel right, and leaving the rest, despite the fact that those people are going to continue to repeat themselves every time you post if you don't heed their words. It's weird, but I also admit, I've still got a lot to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiplomaticTies View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





SC & PS: Al Bazar
Shirt: Isaia
Tie: Marinella
Pants: Berg & Berg
Shoes: Alden

Anybody ever tell you you look like Tim Curry?

post #30410 of 43841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post
 

I appreciate the recognition, but there was at least one poster (whose name I will not mention as I do not want to summon him) who I felt the need to shout down as he was a relentless ass, not just to me, but to everyone he ever addressed. I do credit this board with helping me improve my style expression and understanding a great deal, but as DT says, if you listen to everything everyone says, you'll end up looking like an SF cookie cutter. The key is taking the suggestions that feel right, and leaving the rest, despite the fact that those people are going to continue to repeat themselves every time you post if you don't heed their words. It's weird, but I also admit, I've still got a lot to learn.

Anybody ever tell you you look like Tim Curry?


He's not Tim Curry?

post #30411 of 43841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamless View Post

Half windsor. I wasn't actually wearing a tie that day. I just put it on for the picture. I'm a bad person.

 

 

I would neva do this:plain:

 
 
I am missing the @Caustic Man  .. no offence K-t, if this is who u mean, but he certainly has a POV. (and one that I usually agreed with)
post #30412 of 43841
^ Agreed. I like CM.
post #30413 of 43841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post


I would neva do this:plain:

I know. I tend to not do it unless I'm in the studio working. I put a tie on before leaving the office.
post #30414 of 43841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamless View Post

Half windsor. I wasn't actually wearing a tie that day. I just put it on for the picture. I'm a bad person.

 

 

I would neva do this:plain:

 
 
I am missing the @Caustic Man  .. no offence K-t, if this is who u mean, but he certainly has a POV. (and one that I usually agreed with)

Problem is he can't help but express it.

post #30415 of 43841

That dude is too, well, caustic.

post #30416 of 43841
Thread Starter 
Tim Curry + Hugh Laurie
post #30417 of 43841
Last week I went to Austin to defend my doctoral dissertation at the University of Texas School of Public Health, so I wore burnt orange accessories for the occasion:

2jb1lb5.jpg

xopfs6.jpg

2lcbq0j.jpg


The day went well. I have no idea if my choice in threads influenced the decision of the committee. Maybe I need to change my user name now to Thin White Doc?
post #30418 of 43841
Congrats, Doc!
post #30419 of 43841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamless View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post


I would neva do this:plain:

I know. I tend to not do it unless I'm in the studio working. I put a tie on before leaving the office.

 

:satisfied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post
 
I am missing the @Caustic Man  .. no offence K-t, if this is who u mean, but he certainly has a POV. (and one that I usually agreed with)

Problem is he can't help but express it.

 

What was that  Ben Stiller line?  'At first u might flinch, but then in the long run, good things ...'

I haven't ever found him offensive, more refreshing really, but it depends where the missiles r directed i guess. .  Posters like Mafoo, CM, Manton  and Ianiceman rok in the main tho imo

post #30420 of 43841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post

Last week I went to Austin to defend my doctoral dissertation at the University of Texas School of Public Health, so I wore burnt orange accessories for the occasion:
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2jb1lb5.jpg
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
xopfs6.jpg





The day went well. I have no idea if my choice in threads influenced the decision of the committee. Maybe I need to change my user name now to Thin White Doc?

did anyone wave either a gun or dildo in your face?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)