or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2018

post #30256 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post
 

You have tremendous potential, given your candor and open-mindedness.

One thing to think about is that we are often unwittingly attracted to the most novel or conceptually interesting clothing even if it is objectively the more loud and unflattering choice. Try to think of the clothes as tools and constituent parts in a greater armature, not as individual pieces of flair. This way you won't have particular attachment to an individual item but treat them as modular components in a whole.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post
 

 

Put down the Thesaurus, @sprout2

 

You got mad potential bro, your head is in the game. But you gotta check yaself before you wreck yaself.
Check this: sometimes we grab the more dope choice cuz it looks straight fire but it's TOO hot, looks too blinged out nawmean? You gotta go for that lowkey swag, build each piece up till you got a HALO around you, for real for real.

 

HTH

post #30257 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post


You got mad potential bro, your head is in the game. But you gotta check yaself before you wreck yaself.

Check this: sometimes we grab the more dope choice cuz it looks straight fire but it's TOO hot, looks too blinged out nawmean? You gotta go for that lowkey swag, build each piece up till you got a HALO around you, for real for real.

HTH


icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #30258 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer View Post

[...]
Only show your face if it's a really, really ridiculously good looking face.

[...]

 

I have a ridiculously good-looking face.  I crop it out from my pictures so it doesn't distract viewers from the excellence of my clothing ...  :D

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #30259 of 43861

@Tom Miler outstanding combination. I really like it. I don't think I will ever own a jacket in that color but yours is truly a delight for the eyes. And I agree with the rest praising your photographs, one can tell that the person on the other side of the lense knows what she is doing. 

post #30260 of 43861
The AAS thumb touch pose






As usual, everything is from SF AVs.
post #30261 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Miler View Post
 

 

At the moment the pictures are taken by a photographer who works full time in my company and indeed she specializes in "fashion" and marketing photography of bespoke clothing. You can see much more of her work, with and without me in the picture, here. We have been working together for a year now. I am very flattered when you say that you like the pictures because I feel that I have very limited capability to look good in pics so we work really hard to get an effect that is barely acceptable in the light of the amount of work that is put in my clothes and the incredible pictures of some bespke cats out there (also in here) at SF). Among others that is due to my sport past that gave me uncommon body proportions (but on the other hand it also pushed me towards tailoring).

But we believe that hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard :D :D :D And it works, here is a proof :D 

 

 

 

Very interesting, and everyone in the photos at the link seems to be having a good time and enjoying themselves. Maybe some time you can share with us the story of the shop. Polish is not among the languages I read ;)

post #30262 of 43861
post #30263 of 43861

today

and a few days ago.

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #30264 of 43861
post #30265 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Come to think of it, doesn't the military regularly butcher the language, Murls? Bet you had to deal with that crap all the time.

Pretty much...along with creating an acronym for everything damn thing. PMAWCAAFEDT

FTFY
post #30266 of 43861
After many time here I come again





Coat, trousers and shirt: Wesley
Tie: Drake's of London
Shoes: Edward Green
post #30267 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

The AAS thumb touch pose






As usual, everything is from SF AVs.

 

 

Your breast pocket is screaming for a pocket square. I'm sorry...excellent fit but incomplete. You lack wholeness which could be achieved with a PS. Without it...it just looks wrong...feels wrong...like something is missing. 

 

I hope you will change your ways. 

post #30268 of 43861

@Tux Stain - this is in particular for you

 @ericgereghty @pravda

and anyone else that supports the tartan plaid shirt with white contrast collar...

 

Understand that people who are being nice and professing that "if you really love the shirt you should keep it" are just flat out plain and simple WRONG in this situation. 

 

In the case of this shirt it is an objective matter. The shirt is wrong. It is not subjective...the shirt may or may not be wrong or right depending on a given set of circumstances and preferences. The shirt is objectively wrong. It is an abomination. It is inherently conflicting in style and on a scale of formal/casual outfits. There is not a single outfit EVER...either with the most formal of suitings, odd jacket and trouser combination, or even a very casual menswear outfit sans jacket...where that shirt would be appropriate. 

 

Just because you love something doesn't mean that it is right or that it will work. In the instance of this particular shirt...it will NEVER work...and for this reason and assuming you want to improve you would be wise to do away with said shirt. 

 

There are the parents who baby their children and they grow up sheltered and incompetent and there are parents who expose their children to the world...the good and the bad...and they let their children make mistakes and learn from them.

 

This tartan plaid/contrast collar shirt is a mistake.

 

Learn from it...burn it...progress forward in a positive direction.

 

P.S. if you come back at me with some sweeping argument about methods of child-rearing then you are a lost cause because that is not the point of my argument. 

post #30269 of 43861
He works in a square-less environment. When in Rome, and getting paid to be in Rone...
post #30270 of 43861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post

He works in a square-less environment. When in Rome, and getting paid to be in Rone...

 

Then he should begin the SQUARE REVOLUTION.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)