or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1953

post #29281 of 44983

Th

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

@SYCSYC

That blue jacket is beautiful. Formosa?

Hoping friends and family are ok after that tragedy. I can only imagine how on edge the country is.

 

Thank you

 

This is a corduroy suit by a RTW brand called Curling

post #29282 of 44983

Yesterday.  Dark fair isle.  

 

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #29283 of 44983

 

 

Loro Piana fresco, (Zealander), by Iris Tailor

Vanda shirt

Vanda tie

Vanda PS

StC kicks

 

I'm still figuring out the right rise and leg for me. 

post #29284 of 44983
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Loro Piana fresco, (Zealander), by Iris Tailor

Vanda shirt

Vanda tie

Vanda PS

StC kicks

 

I'm still figuring out the right rise and leg for me. 

I like this fit in general, but that suit appears to be aggressively slim.  I'd be curious to see if from some other angles and buttoned up.  

post #29285 of 44983
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

 

Loro Piana fresco, (Zealander), by Iris Tailor

Vanda shirt

Vanda tie

Vanda PS

StC kicks

 

I'm still figuring out the right rise and leg for me. 

Maybe slightly longer(1") and slightly larger trouser openings. Lengthen the inseam accordingly. And sleeves. don't forget to lengthen those.

 

Looks great overall. I have my trou waistband fall somewhere between the fastening button and bottom button on a button-two suit.

post #29286 of 44983
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

nice look!  What do u think of the Vanda shirt?  decent?

post #29287 of 44983
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

I like this fit in general, but that suit appears to be aggressively slim.  I'd be curious to see if from some other angles and buttoned up.  

 

So between this suit being commissioned and this picture now, I've bulked up a fair bit due to Boot Camp. It's mostly in the chest and shoulders (lots of bar work). Notice the shirt pulls near the chest, but not at the stomach? Not Vanda's fault, either. I wasn't aware of these changes and by the time I went back to Singapore to pick up the Vanda shirt, it was too late haha.

 

These changes took place in a window of 6 months. I only realised it when Joe was fitting me for a B&Tailor rig, some time after the initial measurements were taken -  nd he asked if I was on steroids.

 

So this Iris jacket, even though it has been let out (from the back), is still a little snug. The trousers are where some changes can constructively be made. I have some allowance to lengthen it slightly, and to widen the leg. Both of which I might do.

post #29288 of 44983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

 

 

 

nice look!  What do u think of the Vanda shirt?  decent?

 

Very. The workmanship is phenomenal. Even the guys at Cutler were blown away.

 

This is their very last shirt, for the forseeable future. 

post #29289 of 44983
@nabilmust very nice look

P
post #29290 of 44983
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post
 

 

So between this suit being commissioned and this picture now, I've bulked up a fair bit due to Boot Camp. It's mostly in the chest and shoulders (lots of bar work). Notice the shirt pulls near the chest, but not at the stomach? Not Vanda's fault, either. I wasn't aware of these changes and by the time I went back to Singapore to pick up the Vanda shirt, it was too late haha.

 

These changes took place in a window of 6 months. I only realised it when Joe was fitting me for a B&Tailor rig, some time after the initial measurements were taken -  nd he asked if I was on steroids.

 

So this Iris jacket, even though it has been let out (from the back), is still a little snug. The trousers are where some changes can constructively be made. I have some allowance to lengthen it slightly, and to widen the leg. Both of which I might do.

My wife tries to get me to workout every now and then, but I refuse for this very reason.  Plus, I'm lazy.  :cheers:  

 

Does this mean you'll need a whole new wardrobe?  Happy shopping.  

post #29291 of 44983
Perhaps it's the lighting/angle, but the leg opening seems painfully small, to the point where I'd envision it being somewhat of an issue sliding your feet (not mention calves on the ride up) into the trousers.
post #29292 of 44983
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

 

nice look!  What do u think of the Vanda shirt?  decent?

 

Very. The workmanship is phenomenal. Even the guys at Cutler were blown away.

 

This is their very last shirt, for the forseeable future. 

Whoo hoo  :slayer:

 

D'oh  :facepalm:

post #29293 of 44983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Perhaps it's the lighting/angle, but the leg opening seems painfully small, to the point where I'd envision it being somewhat of an issue sliding your feet (not mention calves on the ride up) into the trousers.

 

 

Nah, it's not that fatal.. but close haha

post #29294 of 44983
Evening light ...



post #29295 of 44983

Today: Daisy Duke. 

 

 

And one from last saturday, Gatsby had us over. Lifestyle & ady pic...


 

When Gatsby calls, you answer. (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

Yesterday.  Dark fair isle.  

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

@An Acute Style, very nice combo. If you haven´t yet, you should enter this weeks´ Friday challenge: wear that Norfolk jacket and you´re winning the damn thing. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)