or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1931

post #28951 of 43917
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post

Its been raining here in Cali and with the rain comes cold weather at last!! lol... what I wore yesterday... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








Also what I wore yesterday evening to meet up with some friends after work..




Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








Love everything but the (to me) comically small hat. You'd look awesome in a more classic hat with wider brim.
post #28952 of 43917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler View Post

At The Guilds yearly show patronised by HRH Princess Benedikte in Copenhagen

Steven Hitchcock suit wih DB waistcoat - Turnbull &Asser shirt with self designed collar by Budd and Faconable tie bigstar[1].gif

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

]
Photo: The Journal of Style http://stiljournalen.dk/

Splendid!

post #28953 of 43917
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post


One of my favourite WAYWRN's in a while. Awesome suit!

I agree. It reminds me of a suit worn by @UrbanComposition a while back. I could easily wear this but with a blue shirt instead of white. 

post #28954 of 43917

My look Today:

 

Jacket: Suitsupply.

Shirt: Suitsupply.

Trousers: LopezAragón.

Pocketsquare: M.Fox

Shoes: Carmina.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Greetings from Spain.

post #28955 of 43917

@Andres 13 - Your debut on this board?

 

Much about this fit is good. Indeed 99% of observers would approve without reservation.

 

The other 1% is us StyleForum curmudgeons, and some of us may well have reservations.

 

Here are mine:

 

- DB jacket should never be worn unbuttoned - at least, not in public.

- DB jacket should never be worn without a tie. Well, let's say "rarely". For a more louche effect, perhaps a cravatte?

- upper and lower blocks are too contrasting. I would choose a lighter shirt, or darker trousers.

- pocket square is out too far.

 

Having made those observations,  it's a nice fit overall, and worthy of better photography. Looking forward to your next one.

post #28956 of 43917
The prince is obviously not a SF Taliban

54.jpg

Prince-Charles-in-the-same-navy-8x3-double-breasted-blazer-classic-garments-never-go-out-of-style.jpg
post #28957 of 43917

^ In the top photo, you see him exiting a gent's room.

 

Bottom left, he's clearly, er,  "tired and emotional".

 

But thank you for reminding us of his more stylish youth.

post #28958 of 43917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

^ In the top photo, you see him exiting a gent's room.

Bottom left, he's clearly, er,  "tired and emotional".

But thank you for reminding us of his more stylish youth.
Erm...I have loads more....

He wears his DB open all the time. But he isn't on SF so he doesn't count biggrin.gif
post #28959 of 43917
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillingToLearn View Post
 

I like the color palate and at first the light shoes threw me, but when I looked at the top again, I see the choice.  This may just be me, but the texture of the tie looks very similar to the texture of the suit (birdseye?).  Clearly a nit only found on SF, but something with some textural variance might work better there.

Thank you for your feedback.

Indeed textures look similar, but they are more different actually. Here is a close-up shot of tie and suit clothes.

 

post #28960 of 43917
Actually, tired and emotional or not, bottom left is the coolest I have seen Charlie look. That works, is pretty hip, and proves that unbuttoned DB blazer without tie can be stylish.
[puts on body armour and a helmet, braces for incoming fire]
post #28961 of 43917
AAS, three piece tweed suits are really versatile, but since they are a rare bird I usually tone down the other elements. The shirt is fine - have you got a knit tie in burgundy or black? A white hank? Black or color 8 brogues? That might serve to mute the overall look while keeping it casual.
post #28962 of 43917

@An Acute Style nice fit today! The suit looks terrific indeed! You have been really killing it lately. I really like your more colorful and fun outifts and these days you seem to be chosing a more discrete aproach, either way, you are displaying a very wide variety of pieces and styles... I like that. I like when people can dress differently but naturally... some people you just don't see them out of their suits, or their ties, or their jeans and t-shirts... I like when people can dress in whatever they want and they look good and feel good doing it. 

Keep it up! 

post #28963 of 43917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulillo View Post
 

@An Acute Style nice fit today! The suit looks terrific indeed! You have been really killing it lately. I really like your more colorful and fun outifts and these days you seem to be chosing a more discrete aproach, either way, you are displaying a very wide variety of pieces and styles... I like that. I like when people can dress differently but naturally... some people you just don't see them out of their suits, or their ties, or their jeans and t-shirts... I like when people can dress in whatever they want and they look good and feel good doing it. 

Keep it up! 

 

discrete discreet

 

 

Otherwise, great comments.

post #28964 of 43917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Walter View Post
 

Some fine fits over the past pages - well put, gentlemen! 

 

Today: another example of how to mix different patterns. This time we´ve got houndstooth, stripes n´dots. 

 

Suit: SuSu

Shirt: private label brand

Tie: Marc Powell Bespoke

Shoes: Alfred Sargent

Watch: Daniel Wellington

PS: private label brand

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Really like this suit, not so much a fan of the shirt with this look, think plain white would have been better

post #28965 of 43917
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

AAS, three piece tweed suits are really versatile, but since they are a rare bird I usually tone down the other elements. The shirt is fine - have you got a knit tie in burgundy or black? A white hank? Black or color 8 brogues? That might serve to mute the overall look while keeping it casual.

Thanks. I have all those things except for the shoes. I thought a white square was more for formal/business wear. I thought it would be too formal for tweed. I'll give it a go next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulillo View Post

@An Acute Style
 nice fit today! The suit looks terrific indeed! You have been really killing it lately. I really like your more colorful and fun outifts and these days you seem to be chosing a more discrete aproach, either way, you are displaying a very wide variety of pieces and styles... I like that. I like when people can dress differently but naturally... some people you just don't see them out of their suits, or their ties, or their jeans and t-shirts... I like when people can dress in whatever they want and they look good and feel good doing it. 
Keep it up! 

Thanks. I usually tone down the color a bit in the fall/winter. I did wear an orange tie yesterday though. Posting that later today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)