Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1917

post #28741 of 45824
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post
 
Those aren't braces; that's a backpack.

 

Hahaha, I know dis. ;)

post #28742 of 45824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veremund View Post

Not much vagueness to that misogyny.

Meh, we make physical snap judgments about people all the time. Hard to get tremendously worked up over just another example of it.

That said, I found exceedingly harsh and entirely out of nowhere, given the context in where it was raised.
post #28743 of 45824
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

Gents , no need to argue. Weight and body fat are all related to genetic factors. Be happy and eat well ; and don't worry about body fat and such. 12 months ago I had a full medical checkup, the only time I did that. My BMI kg/m2 18.8 , body fat was 8.6% and I eat everything. From kfc to pizza and I munch on chocolate almost every day.
What I am trying to say is just be yourself and be happy about it.
Edit - found the report it also states total cholesterol mmol/l 4.15 , HDL cholesterol 1.41 and total/ HDL cholesterol ratio 2.9 . Even with that much of junk food.

+1 it infuriates when people prattle on about not being able to eat certain foods and still maintain a healthy lifestyle...thinking like that breeds crash diets and drastic yo-yoing in one's weight.

Eat sensibly, to a reasonable extent, exercise, and indulge yourself more than you think is optimal...that's the key to happiness.

Example: in order to make my schedule amenable to family plans (i.e. Having no schedule whatsoever lol) AND exercise, I ate Reese's pieces (yay for calories that travel well lol) for a main source of carbs and fat for 5 days. Certainly not optimal from a long term perspective, but it can allow maintenance when life necessitates change.
post #28744 of 45824
You guys do realize we have a Health & Body section in the Culture forum, no?

http://www.styleforum.net/f/6/health-body
post #28745 of 45824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

You guys do realize we have a Health & Body section in the Culture forum, no?

http://www.styleforum.net/f/6/health-body

Thank god. Reading some of this shit is seriously getting creepy.
post #28746 of 45824
WAYERN (What Are You Eating Right Now)
post #28747 of 45824
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Despite appearances, this jacket is not at all tight in the chest or waist. DBs just may not be my thing...

[...]

 

I wanted to say a few words about this admirable suit/tie/shirt/pocket-square combination independently of the question of jacket fit, so I’ve cropped the picture to focus on the former.

 

 

 

I think this is really tasteful.  Note how nicely the dusty matte finishes of the suit fabric and the tie work together (and this is a good example of how to incorporate a —how to put it? —not-quite-SF-approved tie into a conservatively subdued ensemble), whilst the colors and patterns of the two contrast with each other in a way that benefits both.  The solid shirt (very pale blue on my screen as I hope it is in real life) is the perfect unobtrusive backdrop for these and I don’t think it could be improved upon.  I daresay nine out of ten people would have gone with a lighter pocket square, which would have been OK I suppose but would have detracted from the overall gestalt by needlessly distracting the eye.  The darker square does exactly what I’d want it to do here:  provide the final subtle grace note. (I might quibble about the tie knot but I tend to obsess over those, it a personal matter, not a point of principle.)

 

As you may have gathered, I like this a lot.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #28748 of 45824
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post

WAYERN (What Are You Eating Right Now)

Dear lord let's hope not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post

I wanted to say a few words about this admirable suit/tie/shirt/pocket-square combination independently of the question of jacket fit, so I’ve cropped the picture to focus on the former.





I think this is really tasteful.  Note how nicely the dusty matte finishes of the suit fabric and the tie work together (and this is a good example of how to incorporate a —how to put it? —not-quite-SF-approved tie into a conservatively subdued ensemble), whilst the colors and patterns of the two contrast with each other in a way that benefits both.  The solid shirt (very pale blue on my screen as I hope it is in real life) is the perfect unobtrusive backdrop for these and I don’t think it could be improved upon.  I daresay nine out of ten people would have gone with a lighter pocket square, which would have been OK I suppose but would have detracted from the overall gestalt by needlessly distracting the eye.  The darker square does exactly what I’d want it to do here:  provide the final subtle grace note. (I might quibble about the tie knot but I tend to obsess over those, it a personal matter, not a point of principle.)

As you may have gathered, I like this a lot.

Cheers,

Ac

I concur
post #28749 of 45824



Beethoven eyeing a SuSu coat.
post #28750 of 45824
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Despite appearances, this jacket is not at all tight in the chest or waist. DBs just may not be my thing...


Superb!
post #28751 of 45824
post #28752 of 45824
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Beethoven eyeing a SuSu coat.

Lovely combo, do you have a full frame picture??

post #28753 of 45824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

You guys do realize we have a Health & Body section in the Culture forum, no?

http://www.styleforum.net/f/6/health-body

I do now!
post #28754 of 45824

 

 

 

 

Chester Barrie

Borrelli

Emma Willis

Vanda

Carmina

 

Also check out our new, revamped website. Still under construction but up and running: Diplomatic Ties


Edited by DiplomaticTies - 11/7/15 at 10:53am
post #28755 of 45824
Dreary Saturday so I broke out new Prada boots



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)