or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1904

post #28546 of 43911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulillo View Post
 

@Dennis Walter lovely fit today. Love those trousers. They have a beautiful color, where are they from? Is your jacket from SuSu? 

 

@Chulillo,  both pants and jacket are Suit Supply pieces. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Examining my grandfather's cane flute. He had a large collection of flutes, mostly gifts. He also has the distinguishing honor of having been banned for life from the city of College Station. Founder of the Marching Owl Band. Photo and concept by wife. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Regular chest shot. Photo and concept by Claghorn.



SFF
Exquisite Trimmings (square)
YHNT
HY

 

 

Lovely one, @Claghorn. I just bought a very similar tie and plan to wear it soon...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

tumblr_nxarp4oQPh1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

 

 

The first thing that came to my mind seeing this fit was: "He´s looking like a movie character from a Wes Anderson film"...really giving off that 70s vibe somehow...

post #28547 of 43911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Examining my grandfather's cane flute. He had a large collection of flutes, mostly gifts. He also has the distinguishing honor of having been banned for life from the city of College Station. Founder of the Marching Owl Band. Photo and concept by wife.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Regular chest shot. Photo and concept by Claghorn.



SFF
Exquisite Trimmings (square)
YHNT
HY

 

Excellent pics! Though the messy tie knot is somewhat uncharacteristic for Claghorn....

post #28548 of 43911
Thread Starter 
I blame Rob. Though dimples are my thang. The knot itself, as long as it is vaguely triangular, is rarely something which bothers me -_-
post #28549 of 43911

Rain caused some odd posing and light today

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #28550 of 43911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Only people with beards can post on WAYWRN for the next 24 hours

I'm in.

post #28551 of 43911
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
tumblr_nxarp4oQPh1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

 

 

SVB, this is dope (please excuse the lack of a better term)! There is nothing I would change here, not a single thing. Part of my appreciation comes from the fact that I'm a sucker for turtlenecks worn with a jacket, and the pairing of this cream turtleneck with the sport coat light colours is really eye-pleasing!

 

Looking forward to your next fit pics, you never let down!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Examining my grandfather's cane flute. He had a large collection of flutes, mostly gifts. He also has the distinguishing honor of having been banned for life from the city of College Station. Founder of the Marching Owl Band. Photo and concept by wife.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

SFF
Exquisite Trimmings (square)
YHNT
HY

 

Clag, this is very nice! I think that not only the colours, but the texture of the tie and sport coat really compliment each other! The light blue shirt offers a nice canvas that doesn't detract from the jacket and tie pairing!

 

On an unrelated note, what is proper form - colors or colours? I've always written colors without a 'u' but since updating my OS platform, the new Safari automatically spellchecks and adds a 'u'. Was I wrong all this time (non-English speaker here)?

post #28552 of 43911
Thread Starter 
British English adds a "u". Or perhaps it would be better to say that American English drops it.
post #28553 of 43911
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post

 

On an unrelated note, what is proper form - colors or colours? I've always written colors without a 'u' but since updating my OS platform, the new Safari automatically spellchecks and adds a 'u'. Was I wrong all this time (non-English speaker here)?

 

American vs. British Commonwealth uses.  We say colors.  They say colours.  Both are correct, depending on the context. 

 

(Same applies to "center" vs. "centre" and "honor" vs. "honour," among others). 

post #28554 of 43911
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post
 

 

SVB, this is dope (please excuse the lack of a better term)! There is nothing I would change here, not a single thing. Part of my appreciation comes from the fact that I'm a sucker for turtlenecks worn with a jacket, and the pairing of this cream turtleneck with the sport coat light colours is really eye-pleasing!

 

Looking forward to your next fit pics, you never let down!

 

 

Clag, this is very nice! I think that not only the colours, but the texture of the tie and sport coat really compliment each other! The light blue shirt offers a nice canvas that doesn't detract from the jacket and tie pairing!

 

On an unrelated note, what is proper form - colors or colours? I've always written colors without a 'u' but since updating my OS platform, the new Safari automatically spellchecks and adds a 'u'. Was I wrong all this time (non-English speaker here)?

Colors is you're American. Colours if you're A) not American or ) a fancy American...at least that's how I view it haha.

 

Sadly, while I find the added u a nice touch, I'm not nearly classy enough to pull it off.

post #28555 of 43911

Thank you guys for the linguistic lesson! 

post #28556 of 43911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I blame Rob. Though dimples are my thang. The knot itself, as long as it is vaguely triangular, is rarely something which bothers me -_-

 

I'm also more into dimples than into knots.

post #28557 of 43911

@EliodA's favorite tie.

post #28558 of 43911

Nice dimple.

post #28559 of 43911
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post
 

@Koala-T probably your best yet. way better than some of what you were posting when you first started. A spread collar would be better, or if you're a die-hard button-down guy, I would say to try to find one that is a bit taller, wider, and maybe with a bit more tie space so your knot isn't swallowed up by the collar. But this is still a huge improvement.

I wouldn't say I'm a die hard button down guy. I quite like spreads, but I think my wardrobe overall is better suited to BDs than spreads. That said, I can see how this fit could have gone either way (business up top, country on bottom [just like I like my women]), and I can also see the problems with this collar. It's got a weird roll I need to fix, and the tie knot gets a bit lost in the dome.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post
 

Rocking my new blueberry flannels from Luxire. The photo is a bit dark. They are slightly lighter IRL and so is the jacket.

 

Zegna flannel jacket

Kamakura

Wine and navy cashmere tie from Attolini

Woolovers cardigan

C&J suede kicks

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Big fan of this whole fit, but no matter how much I want to, I keep realizing that it's impossible to dress up suede penny loafers.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Al View Post
 

And here I sit so patiently
Waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Great use of navy pants, dude. Love the jacket as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Examining my grandfather's cane flute. He had a large collection of flutes, mostly gifts. He also has the distinguishing honor of having been banned for life from the city of College Station. Founder of the Marching Owl Band. Photo and concept by wife.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Regular chest shot. Photo and concept by Claghorn.



SFF
Exquisite Trimmings (square)
YHNT
HY

 

What sort of thing do you have to do to get banned from a town like College Station?

 
 
 
 
Also, @StanleyVanBuren, I thought I quoted your fit, but that outfit is so pimp it's ridiculous.

Edited by Koala-T - 11/4/15 at 10:06am
post #28560 of 43911
Thread Starter 
@Braddock

More beard please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)