I respectfully disagree. Yes, they are wide legged and certainly not what is currently en vogue, but I don't see any flare, just a lack of tapering which I think makes for a very interesting silhouette which fits with the aesthetic he is going for. Personally not what I would wear but i still respect the fit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 2:43 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread Last post on Today at 3:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- Eidos Napoli Last post on Today at 4:21 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 188post #2806 of 75227/8/14 at 10:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2807 of 75227/8/14 at 10:49am
Whether one likes the tie or not is a matter of personal preferemce, but I think it would be displayed in its best light in a more formal evening outfit than a daytime one.
I have virtually the same shirt and have tried it both ways (formal navy fit and casual grey tweedy one). I far prefer the citified version. It is rather slick though, which I suspect puts you off as you generally eschew that kind of look (personally, I dig that kind of in-your-face vibe, at least sometimes, but it's personal preference).Originally Posted by jasonmarshalljazz
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Now THAT'S a green tie. Excellent all round.
Stupidly early start. Had to get up a little after 7am. That's like the middle of the damn night in my book. I have no idea how people do it on a regular basis. I was in a foul mood until about 11. Going to avoid making the same error again for a very very long time... Still smiled for the camera though; force of habit!!post #2808 of 75227/8/14 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Hmmm, you've got me convinced that I should give it one more try to pair that shirt with a navy suit. I couldn't decide on what tie to wear with it, though. What did you use?
Love your suit, by the way. Fits you beautifully!post #2809 of 75227/8/14 at 11:35am
There are a variety of options. Red for a retro 80s vibe, navy or forest green for something subdued... something in the darker teal range for a more tonal outfit... if you go red, you can also go for a print of some kind (loud with loud), but if you go for the teal or the navy, then either a very sedate print or a solid. I also wonder how a dark teal knit might look, and it's also the kind of tie I think you either may already own or will find useful with other outfits if you get one, given your style choices.post #2810 of 75227/8/14 at 11:44ampost #2811 of 75227/8/14 at 12:37pmpost #2812 of 75227/8/14 at 1:22pmQuote:
I loved the look of this watch, and looked into perhaps getting one for myself. And then:
"Only 12 stainless-steel One Hertz watches are being made, with a price tag of 30,000 euros."post #2813 of 75227/8/14 at 1:35pmpost #2814 of 75227/8/14 at 1:46pmpost #2815 of 75227/8/14 at 2:56pmpost #2816 of 75227/8/14 at 3:03pmpost #2817 of 75227/8/14 at 3:05pmpost #2818 of 75227/8/14 at 3:13pmpost #2819 of 75227/8/14 at 3:25pm
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Do you shape your eyebrows? 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...