or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 188

post #2806 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

I like the top half alot, but those pants are beyond me.  I'm unsure of the historical context here (Oxford Bags?), but I'd say those pants need some break, some tapering, some cowbell or maybe all three.  

I respectfully disagree. Yes, they are wide legged and certainly not what is currently en vogue, but I don't see any flare, just a lack of tapering which I think makes for a very interesting silhouette which fits with the aesthetic he is going for. Personally not what I would wear but i still respect the fit.

post #2807 of 5699
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post Perhaps not an entirely SF-friendly tie, but I love it. Same goes for the shirt -

 

Whether one likes the tie or not is a matter of personal preferemce, but I think it would be displayed in its best light in a more formal evening outfit than a daytime one.

 

Originally Posted by EliodA View PostAnyway, I love this shirt but I have a hard time incorporating it tastefully in a fit. I tried to follow the advice from @Monkeyface and @kulata to pair it with a navy suit, but it felt off somehow. Contrast too stark, I think.

 

I have virtually the same shirt and have tried it both ways (formal navy fit and casual grey tweedy one). I far prefer the citified version. It is rather slick though, which I suspect puts you off as you generally eschew that kind of look (personally, I dig that kind of in-your-face vibe, at least sometimes, but it's personal preference).

 

Originally Posted by jasonmarshalljazz View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Now THAT'S a green tie. Excellent all round.

 

 

 

Stupidly early start. Had to get up a little after 7am. That's like the middle of the damn night in my book. I have no idea how people do it on a regular basis. I was in a foul mood until about 11. Going to avoid making the same error again for a very very long time... Still smiled for the camera though; force of habit!!

 

k6x7BLQ.jpg

post #2808 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

 

Originally Posted by EliodA View PostAnyway, I love this shirt but I have a hard time incorporating it tastefully in a fit. I tried to follow the advice from @Monkeyface and @kulata to pair it with a navy suit, but it felt off somehow. Contrast too stark, I think.

 

I have virtually the same shirt and have tried it both ways (formal navy fit and casual grey tweedy one). I far prefer the citified version. It is rather slick though, which I suspect puts you off as you generally eschew that kind of look (personally, I dig that kind of in-your-face vibe, at least sometimes, but it's personal preference).

 

 

Hmmm, you've got me convinced that I should give it one more try to pair that shirt with a navy suit. I couldn't decide on what tie to wear with it, though. What did you use?

Love your suit, by the way. Fits you beautifully!

post #2809 of 5699

^ thanks!

 

There are a variety of options. Red for a retro 80s vibe, navy or forest green for something subdued... something in the darker teal range for a more tonal outfit... if you go red, you can also go for a print of some kind (loud with loud), but if you go for the teal or the navy, then either a very sedate print or a solid. I also wonder how a dark teal knit might look, and it's also the kind of tie I think you either may already own or will find useful with other outfits if you get one, given your style choices.

post #2810 of 5699

I see you can read my mind, HF :) I was indeed considering getting a teal knit but haven't found one yet. I assume you won't be surprised to hear that on reading your suggestion of a red tie, cold sweat breaks out and I'm starting to shiver like I have a high fever :lol:

post #2811 of 5699
Good to see Mr. Marshall!

I think DonC's two most recent posts should have gotten more recognition. Among his best.
post #2812 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

 

Canali (suit, tie) - Ascot Chang - Henry Carter Irish linen - random socks and cufflinks - GG Mayfair - Grönefeld One Hertz

 I loved the look of this watch, and looked into perhaps getting one for myself. And then:

 

"Only 12 stainless-steel One Hertz watches are being made, with a price tag of 30,000 euros." :drool:

post #2813 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

I was indeed considering getting a teal knit but haven't found one yet.
Charvet.
post #2814 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

 Yes, they are wide legged and certainly not what is currently en vogue, but I don't see any flare, just a lack of tapering which I think makes for a very interesting silhouette
The same cut of trousers worn by Astaire, Grant, Cooper, Windsor, etc....you know, the sartorial icons......
post #2815 of 5699
Today (well, yesterday):








P.S: Sincerely sorry for you Eliod.
post #2816 of 5699

I really like the tie!

post #2817 of 5699
Thanks! It's a Cappelli.
post #2818 of 5699

I blue myself.  The shirt is seersucker. 

 

 

 

post #2819 of 5699
*groan*
post #2820 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

*groan*
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)