or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1837

post #27541 of 44018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bienluienapris View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

With the only sunbeam of the day...

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm not a fan of the sober jacket & trousers paired with the loud tie...it clashes in the wrong way.

post #27542 of 44018
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

 

I'm not a fan of the sober jacket & trousers paired with the loud tie...it clashes in the wrong way.


Don't seem so loud for me, purple and blue are not realy strong color, maybe the gold line is a bit bright.

post #27543 of 44018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bienluienapris View Post
 


Don't seem so loud for me, purple and blue are not realy strong color, maybe the gold line is a bit bright.

 

If you don't consider that a loud tie...I'd love to see what you do consider to be loud...

post #27544 of 44018
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

 

If you don't consider that a loud tie...I'd love to see what you do consider to be loud...


We all have different interpetation. For me a sober tie is for exemple a solid blue tie or with little pattern like Capelli or Marinella, a loud tie have bright color, strong and large pattern, this one is in my opinion in th middle. I precise that i like wearing this three types of tie (sober, middle and loud), depends of my mood and i have important meeting.

post #27545 of 44018
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post

October's the perfect month to have a birthday.

Is it? I'll keep that in mind for next year then. wink.gif

@chocsosa stellar stuff as usual, but I think the hank is too bright. Also, I see a different fold in each pic?
post #27546 of 44018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bienluienapris View Post
 


We all have different interpetation. For me a sober tie is for exemple a solid blue tie or with little pattern like Capelli or Marinella, a loud tie have bright color, strong and large pattern, this one is in my opinion in th middle. I precise that i like wearing this three types of tie (sober, middle and loud), depends of my mood and i have important meeting.

I concur with this. While the tie in question wouldn't quite suit my aesthetic, it would not be what I'd consider loud...

post #27547 of 44018
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post


@chocsosa stellar stuff as usual, but I think the hank is too bright. Also, I see a different fold in each pic?


Yea you may be right.. maybe a white linen tv fold would have worked better.. it is a different fold in different pictures.. was experimenting a little bit..

post #27548 of 44018


Weird foreshortening on the feets picture makes the pants look voluminous, but they are not...

post #27549 of 44018

Not sure if this fits in here but here goes:

 

post #27550 of 44018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bienluienapris View Post
 


We all have different interpetation. For me a sober tie is for exemple a solid blue tie or with little pattern like Capelli or Marinella, a loud tie have bright color, strong and large pattern, this one is in my opinion in th middle. I precise that i like wearing this three types of tie (sober, middle and loud), depends of my mood and i have important meeting.

 

It doesn't change the fact that the tie clashes with the otherwise sober fit. It draws too much attention to itself and away from the complete composition of your outfit. 

post #27551 of 44018

 

post #27552 of 44018

Koala-T, that's really quite good.  Between the tie and the square there's a lot going on, but the combination is solid and the fit looks very nice.  

post #27553 of 44018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post






I'm not sure if I'm feeling the tie and pocket square combo, I'd prefer one of them to be more muted, but this is another strong fit. You've been on quite the roll lately.
post #27554 of 44018

Thanks, guys. I'm second-guessing the tie a bit too, Cpt Thom, but I found it in the thrift yesterday afternoon and it just stood out, and I had to wear it. I think my main problem with it really is the broadness near the knot. If it were a bit slimmer there, I think it would look better. I'll have to experiment with tying it to get the right proportions.

post #27555 of 44018
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

 

It doesn't change the fact that the tie clashes with the otherwise sober fit. It draws too much attention to itself and away from the complete composition of your outfit. 


Everyone have a different taste, i can understand that this tie is not you cup of tea. But in my opinion when there is a strong piece (the tie), it's difficult to go with another strong piece (Pattern jacket etc...).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)