or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1732

post #25966 of 44033

Today:  Navy and green.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

 

post #25967 of 44033
Beastly knot. Would be extremely curious to see how that tied up in a bulkier knot. Might be right up Louis Litt's alley for next season of Suits haha. Good stuff Academic!!
post #25968 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Beastly knot. Would be extremely curious to see how that tied up in a bulkier knot. Might be right up Louis Litt's alley for next season of Suits haha. Good stuff Academic!!

 

Wait.  Isn't beastly bad?  I'm confused. (Bear in mind that you're addressing someone who needed to Google 'Louis Litt' ...)

 

In any event, it's a garden variety FIH.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #25969 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

 

Wait.  Isn't beastly bad?  I'm confused. (Bear in mind that you're addressing someone who needed to Google 'Louis Litt' ...)

 

In any event, it's a garden variety FIH.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

 

New coinage

http://en.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beastly

post #25970 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post

Wait.  Isn't beastly bad?  I'm confused. (Bear in mind that you're addressing someone who needed to Google 'Louis Litt' ...)

In any event, it's a garden variety FIH.

Cheers,

Ac

Lol perhaps, but not in my lingo. I like a hefty knot, provided it remain a four in hand. Scrawny knots are for hipsters in my book.
post #25971 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

 

Wait.  Isn't beastly bad?  I'm confused. (Bear in mind that you're addressing someone who needed to Google 'Louis Litt' ...)

 

In any event, it's a garden variety FIH.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

 

New coinage

http://en.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beastly

 

Thanks for that.  Very kind of you.

 

Am I correct in guessing that this has something to do with that whole ‘internet’ thing the students are always talking about?

 

Cheers,

 

Ac      ;)

post #25972 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veremund View Post


Noice!

 

Thanks! I was playing the piano at a wedding and thanks to SF, had all the appropriate attire :)

post #25973 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

 

Thanks for that.  Very kind of you.

 

Am I correct in guessing that this has something to do with that whole ‘internet’ thing the students are always talking about?

 

Cheers,

 

Ac      ;)

 

If memory serves, this usage probably goes back to surfer slang of the '60s, if not grunge of the '90s.

post #25974 of 44033

Daily Telegraph, 1865, "He was in good health...looked almost beastly well."

Although this usage is probably closer in sense to "like a beast," it does presage a complimentary use of the term.

post #25975 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post
 

Suited up for a gig:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

what sortof piano GN? classical? blues?  love the black tie fit earlier btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Al View Post
 

Blind man breakin’ out of a trance
Puts both his hands in the pockets of chance

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

so Google reveals ur a Dylan fan.  I wonder what views the Gen Y'ers here have of him...  'super-old phoney with incomprehensible lyrics'?  'nerdy-cool folk singer my grandfather used to like'?

I'm a fan, for the most part.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
 

Best SVB CM fit ever IMHO.

 

+2.

 

And this SVB fit proves a point I've made previously: the "conventional wisdom" that guys with long necks should veer towards short, cutaway or spread collars is just wrong. SVB has a long neck, the shirt in this fit has exaggeratedly long collar points, and the whole combo is just an unqualified success.

 

That seems like the opposite of the conventional wisdom Cox.  Flusser advocates long points to balance a long/big head.  I agree it looks good on SVB altho I'll be damned if I know where I'd actually wear a fit like that. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Beastly knot. Would be extremely curious to see how that tied up in a bulkier knot. Might be right up Louis Litt's alley for next season of Suits haha. Good stuff Academic!!

 

Billy Bunter fan?

post #25976 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

That seems like the opposite of the conventional wisdom Cox.  Flusser advocates long points to balance a long/big head.  I agree it looks good on SVB altho I'll be damned if I know where I'd actually wear a fit like that. 

 

I'm glad Flusser agrees with me. Clearly he's been influenced by my sure instincts in this regard. But I'm sure others have stated the opposite in the past, including certain curmudgeons on this hear forum.

 

As to where one would wear Stanley's fit? Perhaps a Royal garden party. Just make sure you don't get a stiffy.

post #25977 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

I'm glad Flusser agrees with me. Clearly he's been influenced by my sure instincts in this regard. But I'm sure others have stated the opposite in the past, including certain curmudgeons on this hear forum.

As to where one would wear Stanley's fit? Perhaps a Royal garden party. Just make sure you don't get a stiffy.
And like, since when are there conflicting views on menswear anyway, right?
post #25978 of 44033

Brown suede chukkas, bd shirt, blue cotton paisely ps.

 

As I said, I know most don't like black trousers, but I kinda like it here. I think it contrasts well with the camel/beige, and it suits my complexion/context (central London etc).

 

 

 

 

Extra extra hair (and a fork) (Click to show)

 

I've also come to think flusser is wrong. Collar matching head shape is better, imo. Point collar on my partner (who has a small and rounder head) looks really weird, and most of the pictures I've seen confirm this.

post #25979 of 44033
Already posted these (along with several others) into the FC thread, but figured I'd share them here as well.

Outfit is from yesterday. I'm not intentionally cheating, I'm simply forgetful...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



post #25980 of 44033

The proportions and details of that SVB jacket look a lot like a JCrew Ludlow, no? Not trying to insult him if it's not, just saying how we can't universally pan a certain design or trend.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)