or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1701

post #25501 of 43965
Roy Al-- possibly your top and bottom halves are a bit unbalanced-- Your slimmer trousers are always a great look, but perhaps a slimmer modern jacket to mirror the streamlined bottom half? I would recommend against slimming your more classic structured jacket, tho, it looks made to be a classic cut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Al View Post

They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy


[/URL



As for me, new cotton trousers and first wear of newest Attolini tie, simple navy blazer


post #25502 of 43965

@The_Foxx, it's been said before but since this is a particularly obvious example: your jackets are all too small. Especially around the shoulders and sleeves. That's what's causing these massive divots and it's messing up your shoulder line. On top of that, this jacket is also too short. It's a shame, because the quality of your stuff is all top notch.

post #25503 of 43965

@ The_Foxx:
Maybe it would be better with a slimmer jacket, but I'm not sure. Slim jackets are normally not that good for me. 

The problem yesterday is rather formality-mix. Those trousers are a bit too informal for the jacket, I think. 

post #25504 of 43965
thanks! I can't afford to replace them these days so must continue wearing-- but I'll keep looking at brands that might better suit me in future purchases (maybe orazio). I guess even unlined / no pad shoulders can divot a bit on me
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

@The_Foxx
, it's been said before but since this is a particularly obvious example: your jackets are all too small. Especially around the shoulders and sleeves. That's what's causing these massive divots and it's messing up your shoulder line. On top of that, this jacket is also too short. It's a shame, because the quality of your stuff is all top notch.
post #25505 of 43965

post #25506 of 43965
Going after Braddock, I don't think I could have timed my first full-fit post worse.

I received my first 3.5 inch tie today, and I feel like I'm finally dressing as a proper adult should. Hard to believe a few years ago I was wearing 2 inch ties! Oh, the humanity...




Suitsupply Havana jacket
CT shirt
Kent Want tie and pocket square

The Havana cut is a tad too short, which I now realize with my Style Forum acquired knowledge. And the pants were clearly at the bottom of a bin before snapping these pics, and thusly rumpled.

Other than that, any fit critiques gents? I'm a newbie here, and looking to learn. Please excuse the background, the room in my house with the best lighting happens to be my sisters'...
post #25507 of 43965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
 

 

 

Excellent. Of all your fits I have seen, I think this will make the top 5 for me... Really nice combination.

post #25508 of 43965

@Braddock , yeah, I agree with everyone else. That's really fantastic.

post #25509 of 43965

Is that tie Navy as well? It definitely blends in with the suit, which may be the lighting. In any case, you might try something with a bit more contrast, but this is a solid first entry in my book.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Going after Braddock, I don't think I could have timed my first full-fit post worse.

I received my first 3.5 inch tie today, and I feel like I'm finally dressing as a proper adult should. Hard to believe a few years ago I was wearing 2 inch ties! Oh, the humanity...




Suitsupply Havana jacket
CT shirt
Kent Want tie and pocket square

The Havana cut is a tad too short, which I now realize with my Style Forum acquired knowledge. And the pants were clearly at the bottom of a bin before snapping these pics, and thusly rumpled.


Other than that, any fit critiques gents? I'm a newbie here, and looking to learn. Please excuse the background, the room in my house with the best lighting happens to be my sisters'...
post #25510 of 43965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post


Thanks! I'll pair this tie with a higher contrast jacket next time.
post #25511 of 43965

Welcome to the thread, CaptainTohm--you look good drinking what I hope and presume is bourbon in your profile picture.  Nice first fit, and with the exception of the left sleeve, the jacket fits you nicely.  Some will dislike your choice of patterned shirt but it's not egregious in my eyes, and the tie, while low-contrast with your jacket, isn't "wrong" per se (though a tie with a bit more definition would elevate the fit).  

 

My biggest critique is, as you note, the rumpled appearance of the trousers, which stand out especially since the top block is so formal and restrained.  When you think about pairing items, think not just about color and texture but also about formality--the more restrained a fit, the more "correct" all elements need to be lest they stand out glaringly.  


Nice first effort; keep posting.  

post #25512 of 43965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Al View Post
 

@ The_Foxx:
Maybe it would be better with a slimmer jacket, but I'm not sure. Slim jackets are normally not that good for me. 

The problem yesterday is rather formality-mix. Those trousers are a bit too informal for the jacket, I think. 

 

 

IIRC were'nt u wearing all blue on top and all brown below?  Earth and sky..

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post

thanks! I can't afford to replace them these days so must continue wearing-- but I'll keep looking at brands that might better suit me in future purchases (maybe orazio). I guess even unlined / no pad shoulders can divot a bit on me
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

@The_Foxx
, it's been said before but since this is a particularly obvious example: your jackets are all too small. Especially around the shoulders and sleeves. That's what's causing these massive divots and it's messing up your shoulder line. On top of that, this jacket is also too short. It's a shame, because the quality of your stuff is all top notch.

 

You'll have to stop working out  :uhoh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post

Going after Braddock, I don't think I could have timed my first full-fit post worse.

I received my first 3.5 inch tie today, and I feel like I'm finally dressing as a proper adult should. Hard to believe a few years ago I was wearing 2 inch ties! Oh, the humanity...
 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Suitsupply Havana jacket
CT shirt
Kent Want tie and pocket square

The Havana cut is a tad too short, which I now realize with my Style Forum acquired knowledge. And the pants were clearly at the bottom of a bin before snapping these pics, and thusly rumpled.

Other than that, any fit critiques gents? I'm a newbie here, and looking to learn. Please excuse the background, the room in my house with the best lighting happens to be my sisters'...

 

 

looks nice

post #25513 of 43965
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post

Welcome to the thread, CaptainTohm--you look good drinking what I hope and presume is bourbon in your profile picture.  Nice first fit, and with the exception of the left sleeve, the jacket fits you nicely.  Some will dislike your choice of patterned shirt but it's not egregious in my eyes, and the tie, while low-contrast with your jacket, isn't "wrong" per se (though a tie with a bit more definition would elevate the fit).  

My biggest critique is, as you note, the rumpled appearance of the trousers, which stand out especially since the top block is so formal and restrained.  When you think about pairing items, think not just about color and texture but also about formality--the more restrained a fit, the more "correct" all elements need to be lest they stand out glaringly.  


Nice first effort; keep posting.  

Thank you! I'm pleasantly surprised at the warm welcome I've been receiving. I'll be sure to continue posting and keep working on refining my fits and wardrobe.

And not to worry, like most pictures of me drinking, I am indeed enjoying a glass of bourbon in my profile picture.
post #25514 of 43965
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post

thanks! I can't afford to replace them these days so must continue wearing-- but I'll keep looking at brands that might better suit me in future purchases (maybe orazio). I guess even unlined / no pad shoulders can divot a bit on me

 

Why do you think Orazio would work for you? I think you'll run into the same problems. Why don't you go bespeoke? It seems that you can afford it considering the brands you're usually buying.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

You'll have to stop working out  :uhoh:

 

And you don't even have to stop working out :)

post #25515 of 43965

Hi guys quick snap

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)