Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1697

post #25441 of 46959
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebop d View Post
 

K-T to be frank, you have above average width hips. This is accentuated by many of your jackets. Standing naturally as in this photo it's clear the lowest button would not close. The quarters of your jackets should hang straight down from the top (or middle button) to the lower button. Otherwise the triangular gap created will make you look wider than perhaps you are. If there's material available I would suggest you add room in the hips.  

Yeah, the rest of the board and I are well aware of my hip issue :). I agree that the quarters are an integral part of getting the fit right, and I can definitely see how quarters too open could play into that, but I don't think my quarters are much more open than many of the fits I see getting high praise here. Do you think because of my hips, my quarters should be more closed?

post #25442 of 46959

Well I have'nt posted in awhile, a little bit of a country and city combination.

 

post #25443 of 46959

Nice Scbrown, but not so fan of the tie with this ensemble. Navy or rust grenadine might be better.

post #25444 of 46959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Al View Post
 

Nice Scbrown, but not so fan of the tie with this ensemble. Navy or rust grenadine might be better.

 

I would agree, although I actually kind of like the stark contrast in this case, I usually do use a Navy Grenadine. Cheers for the advice though!

post #25445 of 46959

x-post from this week's challenge:

 

 

 

 

Sartoria Ring jacket, CT shirt, PRL chinos, Mazarin socks, C&J suede monks.

post #25446 of 46959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post
 

Yeah, the rest of the board and I are well aware of my hip issue :). I agree that the quarters are an integral part of getting the fit right, and I can definitely see how quarters too open could play into that, but I don't think my quarters are much more open than many of the fits I see getting high praise here. Do you think because of my hips, my quarters should be more closed?

 

No, I apply the same standard across the board. If you look at DC's fit today, who also has above average width hips, his lower button is much closer to the hole than in your fit and consequently works better. There's more tension in the fabric in yours because your hips are holding the bottom of the jacket apart. (I'm not talking about the cut style or the cutaway of the quarters, fyi, just how the jacket hangs on you). I wouldn't necessarily count the thumbs up vs. others. There are too many factors that go into that, not all of which have to do with how well you're dressed.  

post #25447 of 46959

It's friday, no tie no socks :

 

 

 

post #25448 of 46959
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebop d View Post
 

 

No, I apply the same standard across the board. If you look at DC's fit today, who also has above average width hips, his lower button is much closer to the hole than in your fit and consequently works better. There's more tension in the fabric in yours because your hips are holding the bottom of the jacket apart. (I'm not talking about the cut style or the cutaway of the quarters, fyi, just how the jacket hangs on you). I wouldn't necessarily count the thumbs up vs. others. There are too many factors that go into that, not all of which have to do with how well you're dressed.  

Cool! Thanks.

post #25449 of 46959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbrown View Post

Well I have'nt posted in awhile, a little bit of a country and city combination.



Nice fit but the PS is completely off. In my view, too dull for that dope jacket. A neutral or subtle paisley colour coordinated PS with gold-ish effect (from what I foresee from the check patterns) would have enhanced the overall look. For once, still think it hard to pull off that type of jacket with a PS...
post #25450 of 46959
Quote:
Originally Posted by bienluienapris View Post

It's friday, no tie no socks :









Love love love the collar. Shirt brand?
post #25451 of 46959

I like this quite a bit! That jacket is bawse. I don't really have a problem with the tie, but I see @Roy Al's point. I would say that based on the bold pattern of the jacket, and the pattern on the tie, I'd probably stick with a plain white square, but this is a great fit, and the colors are fantastic.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scbrown View Post
 

Well I have'nt posted in awhile, a little bit of a country and city combination.

 

post #25452 of 46959
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post


Love love love the collar. Shirt brand?


Thanks, it's a boggi polo shirt in linen and cotton.

post #25453 of 46959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

More Fresco, Pliny? My jealousy abounds...tie and shoes look excellent as well.

 

Edit: which shade of Fresco?

post #25454 of 46959

This is pretty cool and relevant to our interests

 

http://color.method.ac/

post #25455 of 46959

Lovely SC Mr. Scbrown but it doesn't go with a white shirt IMO. The tie screams conservative worsted and not i echo McObinad's sentiment on the PS.

 

Lovely shoes though and nice use of blue trousers.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)