or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1687

post #25291 of 44037

I sympathise with Tibor in regard to his lament about 'hat-checking area'. It is a  major PITA for me during fall/winter as i am in a hat every day.  I made the mistake of travelling via air with a hat, it was crushed as i had to put it through the scanner. I had to get it reblocked and it cost me a king's ransom.

 

Sugar, inspiring combination ( as usual) but i can't get behind the Glen Urquhart plaid square.

post #25292 of 44037
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post

@mcobinad one of my favorite of yours! Love the tie and PS combination.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post

With a gray pinstripe suit, I wish the shoes would've been a shade darker or two, but since your fit looks effortlessly casual enough, I guess they kind of blend in the whole theme just right.
I know exactly what you mean. I wanted to go with darker shoes but my wife advised the contrary as she does the picking every morning... LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post

The tie looks pretty wide for a knit. How wide is it and who makes it, if you don't mind sharing?
The tie as you rightly pointed has a wide dimension but I don't know the exact width. I bought it from Harvie & Hudson London. Hope this helps wink.gif
post #25293 of 44037
Quote:
Great look, but in America, a gentleman takes his hat--fedora, baseball or otherwise--off when he's inside.
 
Originally Posted by Tibor View Post

Seated at the bar enjoying a Neopolitan pizza in my Engel & Co. Fedora. It was very hot yesterday. I think in the low 90's, but my pure beaver belly fur fedora kept me cool and comfortable in the sun. I will post some more shots with the trousers so the full English Drape suit can be seen.
post #25294 of 44037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor View Post

Seated at the bar enjoying a Neopolitan pizza in my Engel & Co. Fedora. It was very hot yesterday. I think in the low 90's, but my pure beaver belly fur fedora kept me cool and comfortable in the sun. I will post some more shots with the trousers so the full English Drape suit can be seen.

 

I'm surprised no one else asked this question. Why are you eating pizza with a knife and a fork?

post #25295 of 44037
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J.V View Post

Maybe I continue my comeback to the forum on this thread. Not really what I wore today but a few quite recent shots and looks. Partly X-post from the casual-wayw thread.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Great as always A! Nice to see you here as well!
post #25296 of 44037
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledoc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor View Post

Seated at the bar enjoying a Neopolitan pizza in my Engel width: 500px; height: 500px">
[/URL]

I'm surprised no one else asked this question. Why are you eating pizza with a knife and a fork?

Because he wants to?
post #25297 of 44037
Because this is America!
post #25298 of 44037
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledoc View Post

I'm surprised no one else asked this question. Why are you eating pizza with a knife and a fork?

This is how it's done, too, here in Canada! The only places you eat pizza holding the crust are in festivals or outdoor-y leisure-type activities. In a restaurant, people use a fork and knife.
post #25299 of 44037
Quote:
Originally Posted by loarbmhs View Post
Great look, but in America, a gentleman takes his hat--fedora, baseball or otherwise--off when he's inside.

 

Not even remotely true, especially for those who wear baseball caps. Or Beanies, either.

post #25300 of 44037
Gents,

Before you start giving Tibor advice on hat wearing (as he is obviously far more knowledgeable than most) read up on your etiquette. Technically wearing a hat at the counter (bar) of a casual dining establishment such as perhaps the pizza place he is at is correct. If the place is a more formal restaurant then it is debatable.

http://www.manyhattyreturns.com/2010/08/10/etiquette-of-hat-wearing-for-men/
post #25301 of 44037

Thank you for the thumbs yesterday. And for the comments. Mea gusta.

post #25302 of 44037
Quote:
Originally Posted by loarbmhs View Post


That would be incorrect etiquette including in America. A gentleman should take his hat off indoors when etiquette dictates that he should. For example a man should take his hat off indoors when he is seated at a table, especially a formal place of dining, (Cafes, Saloons, and Diners are optional) an elevator with a Lady present, in a courtoom *Court Hall are optional, a doctor's room, *Doctors office is optional, or another persons house. Understanding the rules is essential, as descernment is a mark of a well cultured individual.
post #25303 of 44037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Rex View Post

Gents,

Before you start giving Tibor advice on hat wearing (as he is obviously far more knowledgeable than most) read up on your etiquette. Technically wearing a hat at the counter (bar) of a casual dining establishment such as perhaps the pizza place he is at is correct. If the place is a more formal restaurant then it is debatable.

http://www.manyhattyreturns.com/2010/08/10/etiquette-of-hat-wearing-for-men/

But then he shouldn't be eating his pizza with a knife and fork. wink.gif

@mcobinad, easily your best fit yet!
post #25304 of 44037
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledoc View Post

I'm surprised no one else asked this question. Why are you eating pizza with a knife and a fork?

It is a Neopolitan Pizza so it is made to be eaten with a knife and a fork. Whenever I eat an American (New York, Chicago, ect..) pizza I always use my hands. To eat a Napoli style pizza with one's hands would be uncouth.
post #25305 of 44037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor View Post


It is a Neopolitan Pizza so it is made to be eaten with a knife and a fork. Whenever I eat an American (New York, Chicago, ect..) pizza I always use my hands. To eat a Napoli style pizza with one's hands would be uncouth.


Never knew that. To me, eating pizza with a fork is like eating tacos with a fork; it's something that is never done.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)