or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1678

post #25156 of 43970

@EFV, the dog doesn't match the trunk. Dear oh dear.

 

@mcobinad , very nice. Deets on the briefcase?

 

@Spandexter , deets on the superb jacket? Agree that the shirt sleeves are a tad on the long side.

post #25157 of 43970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandexter View Post
 

Quick shots this morning. First time wearing a white shirt without a suit. Not sure I'm a huge fan.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

please tell where you got that tie.

post #25158 of 43970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandexter View Post

Quick shots this morning. First time wearing a white shirt without a suit. Not sure I'm a huge fan. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








Nice jacket. If going for a low contrast shirt and tie look like you have there, I'd forgo the square or use an equally light square to go along with the theme.
post #25159 of 43970

Nice fit. Would be improved by more understated eyewear, IMO.
post #25160 of 43970
Quote:
Originally Posted by grade View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

I'd be curious to see what your jackets look like buttoned. Nice shots, by the way.

Trust me, you don't want to go down this road.

post #25161 of 43970
Quote:
Originally Posted by justridiculous View Post

^^Great jacket, but the shirt sleeves look too long. Also, I'd go for a darker tie.

Yes and yes. One of my old OTR shirts before I went down the MTM route. Re tie refer below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

@EFV
, the dog doesn't match the trunk. Dear oh dear.

@mcobinad
 , very nice. Deets on the briefcase?

@Spandexter
 , deets on the superb jacket? Agree that the shirt sleeves are a tad on the long side.

Thanks. It's an Isaia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colco View Post

please tell where you got that tie.

Tie is Drakes. I picked it up from no man walks alone on sale as it wasn't getting much love. I really like it but it is probably the least versatile tie I own. I have all sorts of trouble trying to make it work and thought I'd try it here. A darker choice would be a more obvious and preferred option here.
post #25162 of 43970
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

Nice jacket. If going for a low contrast shirt and tie look like you have there, I'd forgo the square or use an equally light square to go along with the theme.

Thanks. I might try this next time and see how it turns out. Hopefully I can get something to work otherwise the tie may need to be retired.
post #25163 of 43970
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post



It was about 110...which is pretty average for Fresno around this time of year...

And how's the drought situation in the valley, @chocsosa? Any rain there yet?
post #25164 of 43970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

Hi guys, caramel linen & navy Fresco

deets (Click to show)

 

 

 

Minnis Fresco (suit by Kent Wang)   Hober linen   Kamakura   Vass on P2

 

Don't love those rather casual shoes with the rest of the outfit.

post #25165 of 43970

 

post #25166 of 43970

this is getting better. would still like to see a straight-on shot taken at eye or chest level against a wall & not standing in grass, but this is not bad.

post #25167 of 43970
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebop d View Post
 

 

Don't love those rather casual shoes with the rest of the outfit.

 

 

Casual fit..  loose open weave unstructured suit, linen tie .. simple 3-eyelet PTB.  TBH it's a look inspired by Manton, who IIRC has this Vass model for casual suits.

post #25168 of 43970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post


Casual fit..  loose open weave unstructured suit, linen tie .. simple 3-eyelet PTB.  TBH it's a look inspired by Manton, who IIRC has this Vass model for casual suits.

Would still have been better with oxfords, I'd say. Semi or full brogued so not too formal.
post #25169 of 43970

@Pliny I think it's the grain leather and slightly rough-looking patina that makes them seem a bit casual. You have a similar pair of shoes in smooth leather you've posted a few times with casual suits, and they look great.

post #25170 of 43970
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post


Casual fit..  loose open weave unstructured suit, linen tie .. simple 3-eyelet PTB.  TBH it's a look inspired by Manton, who IIRC has this Vass model for casual suits.

Would still have been better with oxfords, I'd say. Semi or full brogued so not too formal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post
 

@Pliny I think it's the grain leather and slightly rough-looking patina that makes them seem a bit casual. You have a similar pair of shoes in smooth leather you've posted a few times with casual suits, and they look great.

 

You're questioning the Manton? :) 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thx YRR. Noted.  u mean the lite brwn or red-brown?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)