or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1663

post #24931 of 45157

Veeery interesting. I'll nitpick the fruit salad PS but I like what you are going for otherwise. Cheers.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by bienluienapris View Post

 

post #24932 of 45157
FC X post

Celebrating eldest member of the Flower Garden's birthday today, very proud Dad (Click to show)






post #24933 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 


Thanks you Caustic Man :)

 

It's always difficult with this suit to have both tie and PS right, otherwise with a simple white or blue linen, but the challenge was a riot of color so i try this one, that is not perfect, but there is something, almost a good idea. It's even more difficult with the waistcoat that goes with this suit.

post #24934 of 45157

Thanks again to everyone who posts pictures of themselves and to those who like my posts.

A few weeks ago, I went to my Class Of '65 50th Reunion.  Today, my "official" picture from the Reunion arrived.  

Brooks Brothers blue blazer and ecru PPBD shirt, Squarextraordinaire ecru pocket square, and Polo Ralph Lauren tie. The tie is the old school colors. (Years after we graduated, the school changed its colors to black and orange, like Halloween.)


Here's a scan of my picture in the 1965 Yearbook.


Back then, many of us often wore tab collars (like in the picture) or pin collars.  I wish that tab or pin collars were as easy to find now as they were then.  I am also wearing an 18kt Bacchus head (with diamond eyes) tie pin, which I don't wear any more.  Suit, shirt, and tie all from Brooks Brothers.

post #24935 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by bienluienapris View Post
 


Thanks you Caustic Man :)

 

It's always difficult with this suit to have both tie and PS right, otherwise with a simple white or blue linen, but the challenge was a riot of color so i try this one, that is not perfect, but there is something, almost a good idea. It's even more difficult with the waistcoat that goes with this suit.


You took a chance, I have to respect that. Also, this suit has a waistcoat? That is so awesome!

post #24936 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 


You took a chance, I have to respect that. Also, this suit has a waistcoat? That is so awesome!


Thanks, yes a double breasted waistcoat, you'll see this autumn.

post #24937 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post

[...]


Back then, many of us often wore tab collars (like in the picture) or pin collars.  I wish that tab or pin collars were as easy to find now as they were then.  [...]

 

As you probably know, upr_crust has worn tab (and pinned) collars on this thread as have I, so you're not alone.  

 

Charles Tyrwhitt has them from time to time, and does Ralph Lauren.

 

I wonder if anyone has tried Luxire for a tab collar.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #24938 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post

As you probably know, upr_crust has worn tab (and pinned) collars on this thread as have I, so you're not alone.  

Charles Tyrwhitt has them from time to time, and does Ralph Lauren.

I wonder if anyone has tried Luxire for a tab collar.

Cheers,

Ac

Currently, I have a few shirts RTW with eyelet collars, some from Brooks, one or two from Tyrwhitt. As I like eyelet collars with double cuffs, a combination rarer than hen's teeth, I have to have such shirts made for me (the one I wore Monday was made for me by Brooks Bros).

I have a few tab collared shirts from Brooks, that I've had made, but the collars are very short, hence my favoring of eyelet collars, which have longer points and are taller.
post #24939 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by bienluienapris View Post


Thanks, yes a double breasted waistcoat, you'll see this autumn.

A double-breasted waistcoat will be doubly awesome - now, all we need is fall weather . . . smile.gif
post #24940 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post


A double-breasted waistcoat will be doubly awesome - now, all we need is fall weather . . . smile.gif


Fall and Winter are defenetely the two best season for Gentleman, particulary the Fall.

post #24941 of 45157

Speaking of winter :)

 

Details (Click to show)

 

post #24942 of 45157

post #24943 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post
 

Speaking of winter :)

 

Details (Click to show)

 


 Good combination and  i am a sucker for Flannel. Some might quibble about the length of the trousers but i am not against some break. I would go with suede or some form of brogued shoes though but again that is personal preference

post #24944 of 45157

I really like Gerry's shoes and am curious if the color is simply 'Burgundy' or something else?

post #24945 of 45157
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

That Eames uncomfortable (the odd sitting posture)? My parents use them for their dining room chairs, and while they aren't bad, it's not as comfortable as I expected after LCW.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)