or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1644

post #24646 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Denim shirt with a suit?


it's more of a chambray than denim and the suit is linen with very casual features. 

 

Edit: ^ what he said :D

post #24647 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds13 View Post


it's more of a chambray than denim and the suit is linen with very casual features. 

Edit: ^ what he said biggrin.gif

Denim or chambray, it's too dark to go with a tie. And certainly not such a formal neat.
If you really want to wear that shirt with that suit, I'd forego the tie altogether.
post #24648 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds13 View Post




I really need to up my photography game.

 

Are you a sapeur?

post #24649 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

Are you a sapeur?

LOL
post #24650 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

Denim or chambray, it's too dark to go with a tie. And certainly not such a formal neat.
If you really want to wear that shirt with that suit, I'd forego the tie altogether.

Fair enough
post #24651 of 44033

Thank you for the thumbs yesterday. I'm overwhelmed.

post #24652 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
mcobinad: I like your combining and eye for color, but the fit is just wrong. I think it goes beyond the subjective. The circled areas show where there is no ease in the cut of the jacket and pants, so the fabric bunches up. The V over the vest shows the shape it should be. Note how the vest bows away from those ideal lines.



I don't think you can call these matters of taste.
Athletic build + fabric (Cotton/linen?) will do that if not bespoke.

Squiggly U instead of V in chest = he is leaning forward + has pecs. Not a fault per se.
Creases at elbows and knees are fairly normal (if linen/cotton).
Creases at armpit due to sleeve being too tight and bicepts filling out the jacket sleeve.
Calves & thighs also seem skin-tight. menswear shouldn't be skin-tight imo.

Don't agree that all circled areas are 'wrong' but the fit is not perfect. Can't imagine the suit being comfortable.
post #24653 of 44033
These same conditions exist on everything he's posted. They are most visible on the linen, but the wrinkles don't look that bad on a properly fitted suit.
post #24654 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

These same conditions exist on everything he's posted. They are most visible on the linen, but the wrinkles don't look that bad on a properly fitted suit.

I disagree with you on this one. You only choose to accentuate on trivial details and I don't know if you do this deliberately. Too much attention to detail could be annoying and disconcerting at times. I also think that it was not necessary to go and dig up an old post of mine to highlight an emphasis. It's only an ephemeral cloth item and as such I feel there is more to life than simply wearing properly fitted suit as you want them. I know for sure that even if the fit issue is addressed and my suits fit great, there are still some on here who are bound never to appreciate my style and as a result will never thumb a gorgeous outfit. Who cares, life goes on. Just my thought !
Edited by mcobinad - 8/9/15 at 2:24am
post #24655 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcobinad View Post

It's only an ephemeral cloth item and as such I feel there is more to life than simply wearing properly fitted suit as you want them.

Please don't take this the wrong way as I mean no disrespect at all, but then why are you on this forum? Is it only because you love to publish umpteen pictures of yourself posing and showing off swag? That's what Tumblr is for. wink.gif I think your outfits are great and I really like your style, but established members here pointing out areas where your clothing is bunching up as a result of being too tight is not out of line. It's the point of this forum to help us all improve our fits and style.
post #24656 of 44033

 

Then again, there's Pitti...

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiva View Post

The African sapeurs must be assessed in context.

 




 
post #24657 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veremund View Post

Please don't take this the wrong way as I mean no disrespect at all
Not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veremund View Post

but then why are you on this forum?
Still thinking about that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veremund View Post

Is it only because you love to publish umpteen pictures of yourself posing and showing off swag?
I think you are going too far with this statement. You can only see my pictures as posing because this is the impression you have of me and this is how you have decided to interpret it. Fair enough. I can only see this as your personal state of mind and has nothing to do with objectivity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veremund View Post

I think your outfits are great and I really like your style, but established members here pointing out areas where your clothing is bunching up as a result of being too tight is not out of line. It's the point of this forum to help us all improve our fits and style.
Thanks for the compliment. But if you analyse my previous posts, you can only but realise that I have made necessary efforts as regards my fits in view of the criticisms here. I have taken the critics on the chin objectively and have also tried to assess them and make improvements where necessary. All of these unquantifiable efforts just to improve my game and in the process move a already good fit to a stellar one. This is why I'm still sticking around.

Sir, imperfection is intrinsic to humans and as such you can never expect a perfect fit even if the nature of this so called symbiotic gathering here is to encourage such outcome. Established members here without alluding to anyone in particular have pointed to the fact albeit that my clothes fit snugly but considering how far I have come, they have closed their eyes to trivial areas of concern just to accommodate me and to allow me time to adjust. When a member is too picky on things, it does nothing than dissuade an effort. I see bucket loads of fits here that I thumb up, not because I really like them but because I encourage people's efforts. For crying out loud, it's not easy. Accommodate people by being nice to them and they can only do better with time. Not by assessing them too stringently in the name of being objective. It discourages creativity and sheer determination to strive in a just course.
post #24658 of 44033

#11

 

Today wifey and I ventured out to the Yarra Valley, a bucolic wine-growing area just outside Melbourne, for Sunday lunch at one of our favourite restaurants.

 

 

 

Full fit shot (Click to show)

 

Conditions were cold and overcast, but fortunately it didn't rain and we were able to capture some nice images - mainly of me striving for sapeur status, as seen above; but also these:


 

Extras (Click to show)

Coombe Farm - if you grab both edges of your viewing screen and pull outwards, hard, you might just be able to fit this one in:

 

 

 

Wifey

 

 

 

post #24659 of 44033
^ Beautiful. You look great too, @Coxsackie wink.gif
post #24660 of 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcobinad View Post

You can only see my pictures as posing because this is the impression you have of me and this is how you have decided to interpret it. Fair enough. I can only see this as your personal state of mind and has nothing to do with objectivity.

 

Why rest your mobile phone (Porsche) on top of the back of your hand and photograph it next to your watch, then? What purpose could that possibly serve?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)