or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1623

post #24331 of 45009


And tried a new morning spot, but the light is really yellow and it's harder to get the focus right.



post #24332 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

 

(1)  So buy trousers with a 40-42 inch waist instead of a 38 inch waist.

(2)  Don't sew any buttons.  Just buy a pair of clip-ons.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

 

:butbut: Oh no he said it!

 

I'm just kidding! Okay, halfway kidding - there seems to be an anti clip-ons suspensers vibe on SF.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

It's a nice one. Right @Murlsquirl?

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

(seriously though, thanks for the hookup)

 

Oh damn, that's nice!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post
 

Still cold!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

I never really took the time to comment, but I just wanted to let you know @Gerry Nelson that I really love the color combos you put out and your dedicated attention to pattern / fabric matching! Those cords are nice!

 

:fonz:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
 

 

Looking nice, Tom. 

 

You are a bit heavy-set (as am I), but your clothes fit well and are not too tight. 

 

Amen, we need more on #menswear communities!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

Tom Miller is a lesson in how men with large upper bodies can look excellent and avoid looking like they are busting out of their jackets.

 

Yes he is, and so is the (sadly now-inactive) Ethan Desu / Ethan Newton - speaking of which, since he left The Armoury to go work for RL, he kinda stopped updating his blog and his IG account, which is kind of a bummer (at least, for me!). 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Lovely jacket - yet somehow I'm still confused as to why no one gave you a hard time about your unbuttoned collar! Can't wait to see if you have any new suits and/or jackets in the making for F/W!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Miler View Post
 

 

So far I had no idea I had readers from other countries ( … )

 

As you can see, large part of my chest and obliques (on the left side in the picture) are somewhat diminished by V-shaped button setting and shape of the lapels. That was the concept behind it :D

... but of course bengal stripes, cigar and lake are part of the concept as well ;) 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

The true problem that I found with regard to this jacket is that my brass buttons scream for a golden watch and a golden cigar cutter which I currently (sadly) do not posses :P ;) 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I'm in Canada and check your IG account on a regular basis - liquor, cigars and #menswear for us "bigger" guys (with all respect) is all I need to cheer my day! If I may, tho, you mention having launched your shirt brand - I personally find the collars lacking - points are somewhat short, doesn't hide under the lapels, and lack "life" for lack of a better word. Maybe that's a regional thing, tho!

 

As for the gold watch - unless it's real gold (as it, not plated), I don't think it's worth it! :happy: 

post #24333 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer View Post


 

 

I love this, worth not spoiler-ing! 

 

Plus, the lighting in your new selfie spot is good, but I would zoom in on the subject (you) as there's a lot of empty space (wall) that doesn't bring anything to the picture and it's harder to focus on your outfit.

 

Nice stair rail, though! 

post #24334 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

 

(1)  So buy trousers with a 40-42 inch waist instead of a 38 inch waist.

(2)  Don't sew any buttons.  Just buy a pair of clip-ons.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

 

:butbut: Oh no he said it!

 

I'm just kidding! Okay, halfway kidding - there seems to be an anti clip-ons suspensers vibe on SF.

 

[...]

 

I'm sure even those who don't like clip-ons would agree that for the purposes of the proposed experiment he shouldn't go to the effort of sewing on buttons when he can spend less than $10 to try out the look.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac :)

post #24335 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post

I love this, worth not spoiler-ing! 

Plus, the lighting in your new selfie spot is good, but I would zoom in on the subject (you) as there's a lot of empty space (wall) that doesn't bring anything to the picture and it's harder to focus on your outfit.

Nice stair rail, though! 

Thanks man! Yeah, I'll play around with the spot a bit. It's out in the common area of the building but a floor up from where any of the apartments are - so I'm just hoping the beep beep beep of the camera timer isn't audible shog[1].gif The life of a selfie-er.
post #24336 of 45009
Quote:

I'm in Canada and check your IG account on a regular basis - liquor, cigars and #menswear for us "bigger" guys (with all respect) is all I need to cheer my day! If I may, tho, you mention having launched your shirt brand - I personally find the collars lacking - points are somewhat short, doesn't hide under the lapels, and lack "life" for lack of a better word. Maybe that's a regional thing, tho!

 

As for the gold watch - unless it's real gold (as it, not plated), I don't think it's worth it! :happy: 

 

Wow thanks a lot :D As for the collars, for the moment I opt for kent but that may change with time :D 

post #24337 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veremund View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Lovely suit. Is that what's referred to as bird's eye weave?

 

Thank you.  Yes,  it's bird's eye.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #24338 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

 

I'm sure even those who don't like clip-ons would agree that for the purposes of the proposed experiment he shouldn't go to the effort of sewing on buttons when he can spend less than $10 to try out the look.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac :)

 

I was just messing with you (I don't hate clip-ons personally, I just prefer buttoned braces, really). I understand what your point is, tho!

 

Cheers!

post #24339 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rms340 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
tumblr_nsj7i2n6Mj1r8bgano1_1280.jpg
 


tumblr_nsj7jwUdsC1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

New collar? Looks good IMO.

 

Thanks, yeah, went for the Luxire semi-spread, increased the height significantly and lengthened the points.

post #24340 of 45009

Hepp!

 

thanks for the tie DonRaphael

 

 

 

post #24341 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post
 

Lovely jacket - yet somehow I'm still confused as to why no one gave you a hard time about your unbuttoned collar! Can't wait to see if you have any new suits and/or jackets in the making for F/W!

 

Thanks! Haha maybe just because I post mostly buttoned collars, so this is not my usual look. Actually I'm still having 2 summer suits in the making (Solaro and a mid blue glen check double breasted) and for winter I ordered a coat, 2 flannel suits (plain light gray and brown check double breasted) and a brown houndstooth Harris Tweed jacket. I guess that's all.

post #24342 of 45009
The first post of this thread, any comments would be welcome.

post #24343 of 45009

post #24344 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

That fits you quite well, I think. Decent lapels (cf. your Formosas). Perfect for bare feet.

post #24345 of 45009
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer View Post



And tried a new morning spot, but the light is really yellow and it's harder to get the focus right.




That tops my JCM fit list, nuff said icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)