or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1583

post #23731 of 45075
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

Exactly. 

There isn't any debate in reality anyway, it's all just a strawman argument that it seems most people here have seen through at this point, so hopefully we can move on. 

What do you want then? When @Caustic Man wanted to start a debate about your fit you kill it off with saying neither he nor Sugarbutch is right, i.e. I don't care about anyone's opinion.
post #23732 of 45075

I dunno, I like mcobinad's fit, but I would have loved to see the shoes dressed down ala NE prep style. The rest of the outfit would have been kinda coherent with that save for the ascot but DGAF.


Newc, that jacket is the tits. Want.

post #23733 of 45075
Thanks for the compliments on the fit guys. And Pliny, good call on the shirt. In hindsight, there were better choices. Unfortunately, some of those choices I do not own smile.gif.

I really like your grey fresco by the way!
post #23734 of 45075

Something a bit more casual for starting the weekend, cotton/kapok trousers with flap pocket and a polo (more bold than usual also, but i like the little drunken koala) :

 

 

 

 

 

post #23735 of 45075
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post
 
What do you want then? When @Caustic Man wanted to start a debate about your fit you kill it off with saying neither he nor Sugarbutch is right, i.e. I don't care about anyone's opinion.

 

No, the problem is he wants everyone to buy into his conclusion that one is right and the other is wrong, when in reality they are two different styles entirely. Like I said, it's fine if he or anyone else prefers one over the other. It's fine to say that one is more in fashion currently, or more likely to be favored by everyone here even. It's even fine to say I'm not executing one or the other as well as I could be. I found @YRR92's post very helpful on that point. But like I said I don't think there was ever any actual debate on which of the two is going to be liked more by people on this thread (I certainly didn't contest the point), so trying to start one isn't helpful, or educational, or anything else, because the premise is bullshit. So I don't think we need pages of argument on a point that isn't in contention, or for that matter, that misses the mark entirely -- again the sauce analogy, albeit a little silly, hits the nail on the head. Unfortunately it seems like it went over the heads of some.

post #23736 of 45075
Quote:
Originally Posted by bienluienapris View Post
 

Something a bit more casual for starting the weekend, cotton/kapok trousers with flap pocket and a polo (more bold than usual also, but i like the little drunken koala) :

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The ass shot was unnecessary. Requoting it here for others' enjoyment

post #23737 of 45075
I don't want anyone to buy into anything.
post #23738 of 45075
Perhaps you would benefit from self-reflection on your posting style, then. Frequently your tone (and your words, for that matter) says "these are the facts" rather than "this is my view, let's discuss."
post #23739 of 45075
No. I mean what I say exactly how I say it. I see no point in talking about talking.
post #23740 of 45075

Spoken like a true southerner

 

(That was a dis, btw)

post #23741 of 45075
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post
 

 

No, the problem is he wants everyone to buy into his conclusion that one is right and the other is wrong, when in reality they are two different styles entirely. Like I said, it's fine if he or anyone else prefers one over the other. It's fine to say that one is more in fashion currently, or more likely to be favored by everyone here even. It's even fine to say I'm not executing one or the other as well as I could be. I found @YRR92's post very helpful on that point. But like I said I don't think there was ever any actual debate on which of the two is going to be liked more by people on this thread (I certainly didn't contest the point), so trying to start one isn't helpful, or educational, or anything else, because the premise is bullshit. So I don't think we need pages of argument on a point that isn't in contention, or for that matter, that misses the mark entirely -- again the sauce analogy, albeit a little silly, hits the nail on the head. Unfortunately it seems like it went over the heads of some.

 

I would be floored to see someone slam out of the park a well executed timewarp swag YSL concept. There is high merit in trying.

post #23742 of 45075
I'm a Californian.
post #23743 of 45075
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

Bad Gai!

LOL, much love bro smile.gif
post #23744 of 45075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

No. I mean what I say exactly how I say it. I see no point in talking about talking.

You are afflicted with the Trumpian confusion between being honest and being an asshole.
post #23745 of 45075
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Perhaps you would benefit from self-reflection on your posting style, then. Frequently your tone (and your words, for that matter) says "these are the facts" rather than "this is my view, let's discuss."
Foo is posting again?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)