Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemAquarama Blazertagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandAquascutumtagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemAquascutum Tietagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandBarbatagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandBarba Napolitagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemBarba Tietagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- categoryBeltstagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandBelvesttagged by in stitches, 12/30/14More
- itemBelvest Blazertagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandBogliolitagged by Cleav, 3/11/15
- itemBoglioli Blazertagged by Cleav, 3/11/15
- itemBoglioli Jackettagged by Cleav, 3/11/15
- itemBoglioli Suittagged by Cleav, 3/11/15
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- brandBorrellitagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandBorrelli Napolitagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemBorrelli Napoli Belttagged by Cleav, 9/22/15
- itemBorrelli Napoli Dress pantstagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemBorrelli Napoli Tietagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandBrooks Brotherstagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- topicBrooks Brothers 1818tagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemBrooks Brothers Belttagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemBrooks Brothers Black Fleecetagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemBrooks Brothers Jackettagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandBrunello Cucinellitagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemBrunello Cucinelli Belttagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemBrunello Cucinelli Blazertagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemBrunello Cucinelli Coattagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemBrunello Cucinelli Suittagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemBrunello Cucinelli Tietagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandCanalitagged by Cleav, 9/14/15
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- topicCesar Attolinitagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- topicCesare Attolinitagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- categoryCoatstagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandCorthaytagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemCrockett & Jones Audleytagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemCrockett & Jones Belgravetagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemCrockett & Jones Draytontagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemCrockett & Jones Hallamtagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemCrockett & Jones Islaytagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemCrockett & Jones Mertontagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemCrockett & Jones Miltontagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemCrockett & Jones Tetburytagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- topicDrakestagged by Cleav, 3/1/15
- brandE G Cappellitagged by Cleav, 5/12/15
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Cleav, 3/3/15
- brandErmenegildo Zegnatagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemErmenegildo Zegna Blazertagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemErmenegildo Zegna Coattagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemErmenegildo Zegna Suittagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemErmenegildo Zegna Tietagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- topicFashiontagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandGuccitagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemGucci Blazertagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemGucci Coattagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemGucci Jackettagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemGucci Suittagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemGucci Tietagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandHacketttagged by Cleav, 11/24/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicHerringbonetagged by Cleav, 12/19/15
- brandIsaiatagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemIsaia 7 fold tietagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemIsaia Blazertagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemIsaia Dress pantstagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemIsaia Suittagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemIsaia Tietagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- categoryJacketstagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- topicKitontagged by Cleav, 12/23/15
- brandKiton Napolitagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandMeermintagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemMeermin Blucherstagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemMeermin Oxfordstagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- topicMensweartagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- categoryPants Shortstagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandPradatagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemPrada Belttagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemPrada Blazertagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemPrada Sport Coattagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemPrada Suittagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemPrada Tietagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemRalph Lauren Blazertagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandRalph Lauren Collectiontagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemRalph Lauren Jackettagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemRalph Lauren Suittagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandRotatagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- topicSaint Andrewstagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandSaint Crispinstagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- brandSartoriotagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
- itemSartorio Blazertagged by in stitches, 12/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page Last post on 3/23/17 at 12:53am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:07 am in Classic Menswear
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1582post #23717 of 469517/24/15 at 6:59ampost #23718 of 469517/24/15 at 8:11amQuote:Originally Posted by comradeQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great shirt. Is it oxford cloth?
Where is it from?
Thanks. University stripe oxford from Luxire.Quote:Originally Posted by MantonQuote:What a well dressed pirate.Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Arrggggggh matey!!!!!!!! Shiver me timbers, avast ye scurvy dogs, etc.
Aww. It's been a long time since you've mentioned my earrings. Now I'm all nostalgic.
I continue to be amused/amazed/bemused by Caustic's confident declarations. Whatever. Up with sauce!post #23719 of 469517/24/15 at 8:13ampost #23720 of 469517/24/15 at 8:38ampost #23721 of 469517/24/15 at 8:51ampost #23722 of 469517/24/15 at 8:57amQuote:
An invitation was posted here and on the thread where the idea was first mooted.
You were expecting a phone call?Quote:Originally Posted by Caustic Man
[...] By the way, I noticed that @Academic2 is retiring soon. I really do like his office...
No time soon. I’m not even Social Security age yet.
Besides, I thoroughly intend to keep teaching as long as my health permits. Just because I know it will piss off certain people.
Acpost #23723 of 469517/24/15 at 8:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
, there is much to admire about your fit. Attention to detail, style, quality threads etc.
Two things letting the side down though. (1) everything a little too tight, as pointed out by Henry Carter and others. Now, clearly you have a very muscular physique. Plus I think you're carrying a few extra kilos of puppy fat on top (aren't we all - sigh). If your entire wardrobe is like this, then you should think about dropping a few percentage points of body fat with diet and exercise. Or, if you're still building your wardrobe, try sizing up and then tailoring back.
(2) Those lemon trousers clash violently with everything else. There is no coherence whatsoever. As a matter of fact I think those trews would be hard to match with just about anything - maybe a soft, unstructured linen knit top of some sort might work with them. I dunno. But certainly not with that dandyish, Henley Regatta upper block.
Still, the glasses are just killer. So boss it's not funny. Wish I could get away with fuck-everybody frames like that.
I really appreciate your constructive criticism. That said, I need to put out few things. Firstly, I don't conform to a general palatable way of dressing on this forum. Here are my reasons. I love to be a little creative, thereby moving away from the generally acclaimed or conventional dandy way of dressing and adopting a set pattern which I believe tailors my needs. It does not necessarily need to meet the standard of everyone. That of course comes either with a feeling of disdain or approval and I tend to get more of the harsh albeit constructive criticisms (such as yours for example no harm intended though) and I feel that should not be the case for other subsequent posts, considering that I have deployed every energy within measure to ameliorate the style of fit. It has also become a vicious circle thing to lampoon every of my post on here with certain inflammatory commentaries often time than not, referring to my physical built as an element letting the entire of my outfit down. I would not negate that this has dissuaded me from posting on here. Secondly, another element I would like to emphasise on is the fact that since I became a member of this forum, I have either received one criticism from one member or the other as a result of the fit of my clothes even when it is visibly clear to the blind that the fit is passable, albeit, I still have dedicated members on here who encourage my effort. Also, I have gone bespoke on certain suits ever since I started getting eye watering criticisms but no one has cared to notice as opposed to my precedent posts as the often too repeated message reads the same.
In life some times, we all feel the inclination to conform to certain maxims even if we don't necessarily agree with them, as such, have gone out of my way to either size up or downsize my garments if the need arises of course, just to mellow the critics on here. Unfortunately, that has not made any difference whatsoever. In fact, the critics have intensified, moving upward trend from bad to worse and my body structure always being the subject of the critics. One member on here (who I choose to keep anonymous) went as far as using a derogatory statement by saying that I should either decide to be a rugby player or stick to wearing suits. Though, I did not reply to that post, but I considered that somewhat offensive. At some point, I said enough and moved on with my fashion idiosyncrasy. I would also like to point to the fact that I have seen analogous fits as mine or even far worse off fits on here that get brazenly obvious thumbs, just because such individual tend to have followers that support them no matter what.
I don't feel the need to put anyone's outfit down as I have this innate impartiality to encourage people to bring out the best in them and not lampoon them with criticisms. I believe, though subjective, that some on here deliberately criticise others on here to grace their conscience. That said, your message sir, is coherent and I choose to as a rule of exception grace your word of advice with deep consideration. Thank you for your time and effort in conveying this crystal message which would in future yield far more positive results. As for the eyewear, thanks immensely for the support.post #23724 of 469517/24/15 at 9:03ampost #23725 of 469517/24/15 at 9:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Sander
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not /debate if it's not your primary aim to please people, which MC is much more about than SWD.
There isn't any debate in reality anyway, it's all just a strawman argument that it seems most people here have seen through at this point, so hopefully we can move on.post #23726 of 469517/24/15 at 9:13amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Caustic Man
Honestly, I don't think so. Color, texture, pattern combinations still matter and even more than that I think fit matters. Fit is king in CM. I don't recall any situation in which either of those factors were off that something got a lot of support based on brand alone.
I said more important than here. Not more important than anything else there. There, it probably depends on genre, but overall, it seems like silhouette is king (it certainly is in the SWD looks I like).post #23727 of 469517/24/15 at 9:14amQuote:
I agree it did, but somehow I now feel like an outlaw for actually liking SVB's blazer and breezier trousers. Yes, I fully agree with you, the strong elongated shoulders, lower buttoning point and "bell bottom" trousers makes it somewhat outdated. But ill-fitting as you mentioned, really? It's not like he's wearing a white shiny tie, white clip-on suspenders and a white belt with a vivid purple shirt and black poly trousers and white loafers.
Anyway, I don't want to spark the debate back. I'm all for having heated debates, but I feel like menswear, unlike mathematics, physics or chemistry, isn't a hard science and I find it odd that some people poses their opinions as hard truths, non refutable facts, like 1 + 2 = 3.
This is nothing personal against you Caustic Man, I really enjoy reading your posts as you seem to possess a lot of knowledge, which is really appreciated as I'm in a learning curve.post #23728 of 469517/24/15 at 9:24amQuote:
I was referring to what you said about people "thumbing" certain brands regardless of fit or overall look. I just don't see it that much. At least not in WAYWRN where the whole fit is at stake.Quote:
As well you should.post #23729 of 469517/24/15 at 9:30ampost #23730 of 469517/24/15 at 9:36am
I think there are a number of elements of SVB's YSL bit that are better for him than the Epaulet suit fit (and I say that as someone who likes Epaulet's stuff):
- The more extended shoulders. They create better overall proportions by giving the appearance of broader shoulders.
- The wider lapels. They enhance the visual perception of stronger shoulders and chest.
- The length of the jacket. It balances the proportions between his legs and torso.
- The buttoning point of the jacket. See previous point. It also contributes to the stronger chest and shoulder appearance.
- The fullness of the trousers (except below the knee, which I've said before that I think would look better slightly tapered). It looks like there was a breeze in the EP photo, and that's affecting the appearance of the trousers, but they look to skinny there. I don't think EP's Walts are too skinny generally and they look fine in other SVB photos, but in those two photos, I think the YSL trouser are actually more visually appealing and result in a better CM silhouette.
I don't mind a lower gorge, but the YSL one is low and downward pointing, which I don't think is great. And overall, to me, they look like the period pieces that they are, which affects my overall perception. But between the two, I think the silhouette of the YSL fit is better.
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 11 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Split Toe Derby in Havanna Grain - UK7.5 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 24 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 25 minutes ago
- › Bracelets For Men - How To Do It Properly. 26 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 38 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 39 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 42 minutes ago
- › P. Johnson Napoli flannel manica camicia sportcoat (measures like... 59 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...