or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1531

post #22951 of 45074

Nice fits on this page guys.. Ill try to keep the theme going... NEW SUIT!! Got this beauty a couple months ago but just got it back from the tailors last week..wore this yesterday and was able to snap some pics yesterday evening before it got too dark..

Then a more casual outfit from this weekend..Nothing but cottton and rumpled linen here..

post #22952 of 45074

Choc looking great in business and casual!

post #22953 of 45074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

Choc looking great in business and casual!


Thanks Caustic!

post #22954 of 45074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperexcelsius View Post

I always like collars that sit a bit higher on the neck and have that convex arch. I also like the spread shown (although I might personally do a bit less), and it tucks nicely under the lapels. I also like concave collars, but only in shirts like button downs, tab collars, or collars meant to be worn with a pin, etc. With a spread like that, though, I can't really picture it arching inwards, but feel free to correct me.

Ah, I see; not a really strong concave shape, but the best I could find quickly: http://shibumi-berlin.tumblr.com/post/123029556712/benedikt-wearing-our-brown-printed-7-fold-and

 

I think to some extent the neck length of the wearer should be taken into consideration, don’t you think?  What you’re calling a ‘convex’ shape can help diminish the effect of a long neck, no?

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #22955 of 45074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post

I think to some extent the neck length of the wearer should be taken into consideration, don’t you think?  What you’re calling a ‘convex’ shape can help diminish the effect of a long neck, no?

Cheers,

Ac

Yeah, I might be prejudiced. lol8[1].gif
post #22956 of 45074
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post

Nice fits on this page guys.. Ill try to keep the theme going... NEW SUIT!! Got this beauty a couple months ago but just got it back from the tailors last week..wore this yesterday and was able to snap some pics yesterday evening before it got too dark.. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)










Then a more casual outfit from this weekend..Nothing but cottton and rumpled linen here..




That suit is sick man icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #22957 of 45074
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post
 

Nice fits on this page guys.. Ill try to keep the theme going... NEW SUIT!! Got this beauty a couple months ago but just got it back from the tailors last week..wore this yesterday and was able to snap some pics yesterday evening before it got too dark..

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Then a more casual outfit from this weekend..Nothing but cottton and rumpled linen here..

 

Amazing fits.

Suit looks, as Kulata put it, sick!

post #22958 of 45074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post
 

@colco very nice fit on your trousers - I am quite fond of the full break and single (Edit* I just checked and saw it's double) forward pleat! 

@ShawnBC thank you.  This is a fuller break than I'd prefer actually.  These are new and I am waiting till I dry clean them the first time to determine whether I need to get them tweaked or not.  

post #22959 of 45074

:lurk:


Edited by The Noodles - 7/7/15 at 11:32am
post #22960 of 45074
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post


That suit is sick man icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan88 View Post
 

Amazing fits.

Suit looks, as Kulata put it, sick!


Thanks guys! It felt awesome too! Very lightweight for the hot as hell summers here in Central Cali (was over a 110 all of last week).. got another suit being finished up this week that is just as sick.. will post as soon as I get an opportunity to wear it when I get it back..

post #22961 of 45074
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post

 

 

This is so great! Not keen on the shoes, but that's just my taste.

post #22962 of 45074
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post
 

 

This is so great! Not keen on the shoes, but that's just my taste.


Thanks Alex! No worries about the shoes.. I get it!

post #22963 of 45074
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperexcelsius View Post
 

by the way, how much would you guys say a nice suit (but not exotic materials or anything) from TF, Zegna, or a similar brand costs on average? I've been doing some thinking about bespoke vs. brand-name RTW


between 3-4k (4-7k for attolini, kiton, etc...)

 

if you have the time and interest in finding the right person, i'd go bespoke...

post #22964 of 45074
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsymph View Post


between 3-4k (4-7k for attolini, kiton, etc...)

if you have the time and interest in finding the right person, i'd go bespoke...
Yeah, I wasn't thinking about actually buying, just comparing to bespoke.

Jesus, though. You'd have to be insane to pay $7k for RTW.
post #22965 of 45074
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperexcelsius View Post


Yeah, I wasn't thinking about actually buying, just comparing to bespoke.

Jesus, though. You'd have to be insane to pay $7k for RTW.


RTW does have advantages:

 

You can try on multiple cuts from multiple brands in multiple sizes before buying.

You have access to fabrics beyond the more ubiquitous books most tailors stock (though, this is simultaneously a draw back, perhaps...)

The finishing can also be slightly superior (depending on one's aesthetic...)

 

I mostly do bespoke now, but I do have a hearty collection of RTW for various purposes, that I really enjoy wearing (Canali, Zegna, Paul Stuart, Ring, Eidos...)!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)