or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1515

post #22711 of 45009
I like the look. It's just a little weird seeing it on Pliny who is more adherent to rules and traditions.
post #22712 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

theyre new lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Green chukkas are not really suit shoes. More for casual chinos or denim, or perhaps odd jacket and trousers with a knit tie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

I like the look. It's just a little weird seeing it on Pliny who is more adherent to rules and traditions.

I like chukkas with a suit, one of my personal favourites. But I guess I'm just not fond of that colour.
post #22713 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoWongolini View Post

Had to meet with the folks at TheBigBlue to chew the fat about the "cloud", how BIG is BIG DATA, & "social".. So had to bust out my C(reative)BD as opposed to C(onservative)BD..

Coffee is for thinking Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Sneakers for dancing


DETAILS
SC - P. Johnson via Orazio L
Pantaloons- P. Johnson via Orazio L (and just to be clear, this is not a suit)
Shirt - Ascot Chang
Tie - Vanda
Socks - Rapha City
Sneakers - Stan Smiths

Normally, I'd say Stan Smiths + full suit and tie is an autofail, but if anyone can pull it off, it's you.
- Thanks, but i'm not wearing a suit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

I knew P Johnson had their suits made in Italy, but I thought the actual maker was a "secret".

So you're saying it's Orazio?
- P. Johnson used Orazio for a few years about 3 years ago. But you are right, no one knows who makes his made in Italy suits.
post #22714 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
Green chukkas are not really suit shoes. More for casual chinos or denim, or perhaps odd jacket and trousers with a knit tie.
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

I like the look. It's just a little weird seeing it on Pliny who is more adherent to rules and traditions.
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Green chukkas are not really suit shoes. More for casual chinos or denim, or perhaps odd jacket and trousers with a knit tie.
I like chukkas with a suit, one of my personal favourites. But I guess I'm just not fond of that colour.

 

Well, theyre a bit of an experiment.  A failed experiment based on he majority vote, altho Im happy that Kulata likes them.:satisfied: 

post #22715 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

 

Well, theyre a bit of an experiment.  A failed experiment based on he majority vote, altho Im happy that Kulata likes them.:satisfied: 

 

It's a hard colour to wear. Darker green might be easier. A lot of those suede protector sprays make the suede a bit darker, so you could give that a try.

post #22716 of 45009
Thank you! I'll try it-- meanwhile added pix to post from girlfriend's cam, much better than mine and can sorta see the pinstripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post

Simple and good. Have you tried snapseed? Like photoshop for mobiles, made by google, super easy to use and you can get easily get a lot more out of mobile pics.
Normally, I'd say Stan Smiths + full suit and tie is an autofail, but if anyone can pull it off, it's you.
post #22717 of 45009
Suit and tie are great. Girlfriend is quality.
post #22718 of 45009
First day of the Henley Regatta, so I went for a quick wander down by the river before the whole thing goes absolutely crazy later in the week.







Temperature heading for 30 celsius this afternoon, so most people were ditching their jackets.
post #22719 of 45009

Thank you for the thumbs, comments on the fit yesterday and the encouragement to use violence.

 

Today mix and (mis)match in cotton as the summer has demeaned it self to visit our cold part of this universe. 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #22720 of 45009

Last day in the office before the holiday weekend.  Was feeling patriotic.

 

post #22721 of 45009
Rushing about today. Went to a conference in Manchester in the sweltering English summer!

Not only was I the only one wearing a brown tie, I was the only one wearing a tie!





post #22722 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Rushing about today. Went to a conference in Manchester in the sweltering English summer!

Not only was I the only one wearing a brown tie, I was the only one a wearing tie!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





You look great and there is definitely nothing wrong with being the odd-person out.
post #22723 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Al View Post


The breast pocket looks narrower near the lapel and wider near the armhole. Is it that way? Or, just the photo?
post #22724 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

I'm wearing everybody's favorite shoes.

 

What fabric is this?

post #22725 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post


The breast pocket looks narrower near the lapel and wider near the armhole. Is it that way? Or, just the photo?

 

I think it's caused by the way I've tucked in the PS. The pocketbag is rectangular.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)